Roger Waters 2007

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
Neil1567/2
Blade
Blade

Post by Neil1567/2 »

Yeah me too for M/C but no sign of the tickets for NEC yet.
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

Manchester tix received here as well, very quickly too, couldnt have been much more than a week after ordering, still no sign of the tickets for Birmingham or either of the Earls Court shows tho. :?
iwantmypinkfloydnow
Hammer
Hammer

Post by iwantmypinkfloydnow »

WoW it's been a long time since I posted.

Well anyways I had because Jim Ladd of KLOS just said that Roger Waters is gonna be back at the hollywood bowl in 2007 and he sounded sure.

Anyone got anything on this?
Rob Steele
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Rob Steele »

It was like an early xmas present to hear that Roger was coming to NZ,
have been hanging out for soooo long, wonder if he will use most of the In the flesh tour with dsotm added on or maybe something newish. dont really care just want to see the man up close.
Sonic Destruction
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by Sonic Destruction »

Rob Steele wrote:It was like an early xmas present to hear that Roger was coming to NZ,
have been hanging out for soooo long, wonder if he will use most of the In the flesh tour with dsotm added on or maybe something newish. dont really care just want to see the man up close.
Yeah, me too. Gonna go to Christchurch or Auckland?
Charade I am
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Charade I am »

Got my tickets for the show in Lima, this March 12th! I´m gonna be just 15 meters away from the stage...can´t wait...gonna take pictures and maybe film some parts of the show and then I´ll try to post them here.
cRaB
Knife
Knife

Post by cRaB »

isn'it boring to play every night the same damn thang? after a couple of dates in 2006 he dropped the gunner's dream...and after that, the set remained untouched.
jeez Rog...bring some fresh air...something new!
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

I have a strong suspicion that old Rog used a great feedback from live 8 to start his tour.
Plus, he heard that Dave has something new coming out.
Whas there plans for his tour before live 8?
I'm not quite sure...plus, theres no new material...to me it all looks like he just wants to have big piece of a Floyd market cake with this tour.

Every credit to him and his music, he still is one of my heroes...but this all sounds a litlle bit cheesy.
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

it´s all about demand.... people are willing to pay insane ticket prices for stupid cover bands like aussiefloyd so why shouldn´t he give the people the REAL thing...
another thing about his show: since 1999 he always changed little things about the setlist and lightning and movies of his shows and at least in my opinion he seems to find a setlist that once again tells some kind of story during the concert...
changing the setlist?`Waters? Floyd (with Waters) never did that and Waters on his solo tours never did that...
fatoldbob
Judge!
Judge!

Post by fatoldbob »

Waters is a perfectionist and likes the precision that playing the same set gives him.

Having seen the show last year, I have to agree with him, he has it down to a tee.
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

Yucateco wrote:changing the setlist?`Waters? Floyd (with Waters) never did that and Waters on his solo tours never did that...
at least in those days theyd have one sets worth of new material
DoctorFloyd

Post by DoctorFloyd »

Well, my earls court tickets have arrived - about a month ago now actually. Excellent stuff. I am looking forward to it.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

DoctorFloyd wrote:Well, my earls court tickets have arrived - about a month ago now actually. Excellent stuff. I am looking forward to it.
Hopefully mine will turn up soon then - any progress on the NEC ones
Cowards
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Cowards »

I hate you both*! You and your money and your tickets and your future enjoyment of Roger Waters and your being you!! Grr!

At least I'm more attractive than you!

Enjoy the shows, ya lucky bastards!

*DoctorFloyd and draf

I WISH I could join you.
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

Cowards wrote:At least I'm more attractive than you!
Blasphemy! :shock:

Drafsack is the most attractive person on NPF (and wider).
REMEMBER THAT!!!

lol