Roger Waters 2007

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
fatoldbob
Judge!
Judge!

Post by fatoldbob »

Parish wrote:Image

at

Image :D

Got the tix this morning!
Good for you, Matt.

I'm on the fence about Oakland.
wiped
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by wiped »

Wooo Hoo ... got a Tik for the Point on May 14th ...
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

I just got back from Budapest and Roger Waters' The Dark Side Of The Moon show... Simply brilliant! I've seen him already in 2002. and I can say that In The Flesh tour is no match to the new one. Doesn't even come close. The best show I've ever been at!!!
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

what a brilliant show! Best concert i ever attended, even the Floyd show in 94 wasn´t as good as what i´ve seen on Wednesday in Leipzig! I was just a few meters away from the stage (no evidence of lipsynch btw) and the old man had so much fun on stage it was brilliant to see him rockin for nearly 3 hours. Hell even Snowy White was smiling all the time!! And the whole concept of the show with the rqadio (ABBA on a Waters concert!) is so clever. A perfect show. Anyone who has the chance to see this and is not going must be completely insane :lol: Sound, visuals, performance all oprobably the best i´ve ever seen.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

Has anyong had their NEC tix yet
alma
Hammer
Hammer

Post by alma »

Yucateco, that could be used as a descrition of the Köln Show too.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

Rog NEC Tix arrived today :D and I've just scallped some Point Dublin ones for 150 euros each :shock: Just booked the flights - 1p each way and including airport tax it was £36 for the pair. Just as a comparison its costing £56 for the coach to London. Going to give Manchester a miss as its to far to drive there and back and get into work on the Tuesday - although I do have my eye on some on ebay that were quite cheap
carefule eugene
Knife
Knife

Post by carefule eugene »

It's a pity he plays still exactly the same set as in 2006. People who saw him that year see now exact the same show. At that point I did like more Gilmour's concept of changing every gig one or two songs.

Anyway I'm still happy I will see him this month for the second time this tour.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

I see they are selling tickets for the MEN show with a rear view of the stage - gonna see lots there - i dont think
cRaB
Knife
Knife

Post by cRaB »

saw the milan gig yesterday night: the concept with the radio is cool. The band is tight. No surprise set. Snowy completely missed and messed the shine on intro (with big laughs from all the other band members).
Plus they jumped from part I (keybords part) directly to part III (ta-ta-ta-taaa) omitting part II (the guitar line): a really weird Shine on, which I didn't like.
But against all my initial reluctance, I must admit I enjoyed the concert and I'm happy to have seen the creative genius.
wiped
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by wiped »

drafsack wrote:Point Dublin ones for 150 euros each :shock:
Hey Nick ... did you buy Standing or Sitting ? - If sitting ... hopefully not Block B (Stevie Wonder Block) :?
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

cRaB wrote:saw the milan gig yesterday night: the concept with the radio is cool. The band is tight. No surprise set. Snowy completely missed and messed the shine on intro (with big laughs from all the other band members).
Plus they jumped from part I (keybords part) directly to part III (ta-ta-ta-taaa) omitting part II (the guitar line): a really weird Shine on, which I didn't like.
But against all my initial reluctance, I must admit I enjoyed the concert and I'm happy to have seen the creative genius.
Yes, they tend to do it with Shine On these days. They did exactly the same thing in Budapest. :? Why on Earth would he keep on desecrating the piece this way? I really enjoyed the (Budapest) show too, I even dared to call it the best I've ever seen, but what they did to Shine On is a one big minus for Mr. Waters. :(
araen
Embryo
Embryo

Post by araen »

Greetings for every Floydian! I'm really glad to pitch on you and this forum!

I was also sorry that they made a hash of the Shine On's best part in Budapest. Apart form this, it was the best show I have ever seen. Just like in 2002 in Budapest :D The sounding and scenic sights was perfect (leastwise for me... ) Roger is amazing!
In fact the house's performance irritated me. The beer was more important for ones, that they let come onto the beginning of the concert. :(

Liz
(Apology for my English in advance! :) )
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

Hi there Liz!

I noticed the beer thing... I'm only glad the event did not occur in Serbia, otherwise 90% of the crowd would be dead drunk until the end of the radio teaser. I just can't get what's with those people. I mean, I am a beer drinker myself but I can't make myself drink more than one, perhaps two, before such a show. There's no point in that.

A friend of mine couldn't even make it passed the entrance at Deep Purple's Belgrade show in 2005. :lol:
araen
Embryo
Embryo

Post by araen »

There's nothing problem with the beer, just I don't like, if they pour it in my neck :lol:
I only hated the much coming and going under the first song and after the break. Supposably they weren't Rog fans :)