Double Core Artwork

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

"Neptune Pink Floyd proudly presents
a new Pink Floyd hoax album"

Hoaxes aren't really going to attract people to hear it!!
Dowie100

Post by Dowie100 »

Double Core the New album from Pink Floyd

Rogar Walters: Vocals, Bass, Acoustic Guitat
Nick Masone: Drums
Davidov Gilmoor: Lead Guitar, Vocals
Riichard Right: Keyboards, vocals

Some idea's for spelling mistakes for the album lol.
Narek
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Narek »

I would change the inside for "Deep Horizon" it reminds me too much of the final cut. Maybe have like Double-Helix's in the background?
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

You're right, "hoax" will never work :) So let's make it hmmmmmmm ah let's simply drop the word :)

Background... The most simple would be to use a wall.
And as for the inside of DH, well it's how I feel it and I feel it's right. Sry ;)
henno

Post by henno »

why not use the word surrogate, as i has a strong Floyd connection....
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

There seems to be some confusion...I'll try to clear it up.

The idea of this thing is to bring into being the album that was suggested by the hoax. However, the idea is NOT to suggest that Pink Floyd have ANYTHING at all to do with this.

That would open the project up to litigation.

We don't want that.

The fact that this disc is being distributed through NPF will say all that needs to be said about Pink Floyd in relation to this project.

Perhaps Keith will be kind enough to mention Double Core in the newletter once it's ready to go :D

Speaking of which...the deadline is less than a month away. As everyone finishes their songs, I'll need to you to pm me your credit information (the name of your band, who plays what, who wrote your song, who produced and engineered, yadda yadda yadda) and then I'll pm you back with the addy to send your song to.

I'd like all songs in wav format on cd's, please.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

If we don't at least mention Floyd, less people will go for it, Moses
BigDim
Blade
Blade

Post by BigDim »

If the cover and inlay display the NPF logo (and text reading the words 'Neptune Pink Floyd' somewhere) then people are bound know.

Surely that would be sufficient?

To be fair, the whole things is only likely to appeal to us lot anyhow.

My interpretation was that it is aimed at the NPF members/friends, that the project is intended for us. Have I got that right? It'd be fantastic to distribute outside of the organisation, but that would bring up all manner of legal issues I'm sure.

Ps. We might possibly get some more interest in the album if we were to mention it is endorsed by Stevie G, the drummer outta Darkside - just a thought.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Big Dim's right...I doubt that many people outside this forum would be very interested in Double Core, anyway.

To put the name Pink Floyd on this project would be to imply an association with the band which doesn't exist. It would be as though we are saying 'Pink Floyd approves of this project,' when the fact is that they aren't even aware of it's existence.

The NPF logo somewhere on it should be sufficient. Although, to be honest, I think that would spoil the cover art (no offense to the logo...it IS a very nice logo.)
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

BigDim wrote:Ps. We might possibly get some more interest in the album if we were to mention it is endorsed by Stevie G, the drummer outta Darkside - just a thought.
Yes, that is a great idea!
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

BigDim wrote:Ps. We might possibly get some more interest in the album if we were to mention it is endorsed by Stevie G, the drummer outta Darkside - just a thought.

Feel free to plug it at your shows. If you like, when it's finished, you could even distribute it at your shows...I don't think anyone would mind that.

Maybe we can do another album of Floyd-inspired original music in the future and you guys could put a song in.
Neil1567/2
Blade
Blade

Post by Neil1567/2 »

BigDim wrote:We might possibly get some more interest in the album if we were to mention it is endorsed by Stevie G, the drummer outta Darkside - just a thought.
Is that THE Stevie G out of Darkside??? Wow! There's no telling where such an endorsement could take us! Double Core my arse-more double platinum!
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Easy, now. Keep in mind that Darkside have a fanbase of their own which may not be aware of NPF.

An endorsement from a member of this band COULD pick us up a couple of new vine operators...or just some people willing to listen to the album and copy it to give to other people.

It COULD be helpful...don't be so quick to knock it.

"Double platinum?"
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Neil1567/2
Blade
Blade

Post by Neil1567/2 »

Whoops,sorry Mosespa.I wasn't being sarky-I've met the man and he is a legend!!
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

'scool, dude. Didn't know you were being sincere.

My bad :D