Double Core Artwork

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

There are no candidates for the sleeve...the sleeve has already been overwhemingly agreed upon :D
FloydCouncil
Hammer
Hammer

Post by FloydCouncil »

They might work for the booklet. What do you think? Zarquon do you have a picture where the background is maybe blurred/out-of-focus?
FloydCouncil
Hammer
Hammer

Post by FloydCouncil »

I took this the other day, I was thinking it might look good for Come and See. What do you guys think?

it might need to be recomposed and taken again (which isn't a problem), but I thought I'd ask anyway if you guys like this it.
Zarquon
Blade
Blade

Post by Zarquon »

I had a fiddle with a couple of the pictures I had and came up with

Unfortunatly I have no real editing suites on my computer...Not even Paint Shop Pro :(

If you think bluring or other photo effects would aid the pictures then feel free to edit them if you wish to use any of the pictures. :)

I have a couple more somewhere!

I personally thing those two pictures compliment each other quite well. The first one is reflections of two balls in a window and the second one is just a whole lot of balls! I like the way that the same scenery is in each ball :)
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

FloydCouncil wrote:Image
Zarquon wrote:Image
I think these 2 images are fantastic and get my vote for inclusion in the booklet!
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

I second that motion.
FloydCouncil
Hammer
Hammer

Post by FloydCouncil »

Zarquon could you send a high resolution of the edited picture that Stu mentioned? You can send it to my email. Doesn't matter how big it is.

Oh and thanks guys!
Zarquon
Blade
Blade

Post by Zarquon »

FloydCouncil wrote:Zarquon could you send a high resolution of the edited picture that Stu mentioned? You can send it to my email. Doesn't matter how big it is.

Oh and thanks guys!
I'll get on it
FloydCouncil
Hammer
Hammer

Post by FloydCouncil »

Thought I'd update this, mosespa saw some more photos in my Flickr stream and thought that the above one suits Come And See better then the previous one. So we'll most probably use this, unless ofcourse if anyone wants to submit or thinks the other was better, so speak up. :lol:

Zarquon did you get a chance to send me the pictures?
Zarquon
Blade
Blade

Post by Zarquon »

FloydCouncil wrote:Image

Thought I'd update this, mosespa saw some more photos in my Flickr stream and thought that the above one suits Come And See better then the previous one. So we'll most probably use this, unless ofcourse if anyone wants to submit or thinks the other was better, so speak up. :lol:

Zarquon did you get a chance to send me the pictures?
I upped the resolution for sure :) Havnt been near the computer for days! PM me you email address and i'll get them too you soon as possible
FloydCouncil
Hammer
Hammer

Post by FloydCouncil »

I made this for Stars. Basically I took a photo of the constellation Cygnus and applied some radial blur to it in Photoshop. I would LOVE to do it the 'real' way, that is expose the sky for 4 or 5 hours during the night, and the stars "move" across the sky, their trail is recorded on the film/CCD. Those are absolutely stunning.

But I can't really do that because the light pollution here makes a 5 hour exposure impossible. So I had to settle for a Photoshop radial blur. What do you guys think?

hummingman
Blade
Blade

Post by hummingman »

Just thought I'd bump this topic because that ^ is a really cool picture.
FloydCouncil
Hammer
Hammer

Post by FloydCouncil »

Heres another one for the booklet, not sure where I'll put it yet though. :lol:

Let me know what you guys think.
FloydCouncil
Hammer
Hammer

Post by FloydCouncil »

Come on guys, I need some input here! Heres another candidate for "Stars". Which one do you like better? The one I posted before (for stars) or this one?

Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Massed Gadgets »

I really like this one above...very striking...I love the contrast of the black and white to the bright yellow of the "stars". Though I think to be more effective, the signage at the bottom should be cropped or Photoshopped out.