Floyd Sculpted Figures Show

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
MikeWaters
Hammer
Hammer

Post by MikeWaters »

Hmmm the Figurines don't look too bad.. but pink and the scorpion look like theyre out of a bad comic book, neon green? Ughh

But i dont know, maybe its supposed to be like that, i just doesnt seem right to me compared to the rest.
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Those look awful, espcailly the judge. This is perhaps just me, but i would never want to have a collectable model arse in my house.
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Pugs on the Wing »

David Smith wrote:Those look awful, espcailly the judge. This is perhaps just me, but i would never want to have a collectable model arse in my house.
:lol: I think that's the best one! Wish there was a Girlfriend and Mother though. And the fornicating flowers. And for that matter, the entire band, of course.
Zepeleptic
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Zepeleptic »

Anybody going to the Comic-Con? I sure am!
floydboy75
Blade
Blade

Post by floydboy75 »

Creating figures from the movie is all fine and dandy. But I think what we would all like to see is figures of the band themselves with their respectable instruements. Maybe a 1970's set and a more recent set also. And to top it all off, make a special one of Syd. I'd pay very well for something like that. Maybe MacFarlane (the guy who has done all those Spawn,Kiss, and the rest of those figures) would be up to the task. I think he would be the best one for the job. Who knows, maybe someday they will make figures of the band. After all, if the make figures of the Beatles with a Yellow Submarine they should do about anything!
Brian
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

floydboy75 wrote:Creating figures from the movie is all fine and dandy. But I think what we would all like to see is figures of the band themselves with their respectable instruements. Maybe a 1970's set and a more recent set also. And to top it all off, make a special one of Syd. I'd pay very well for something like that. Maybe MacFarlane (the guy who has done all those Spawn,Kiss, and the rest of those figures) would be up to the task. I think he would be the best one for the job. Who knows, maybe someday they will make figures of the band. After all, if the make figures of the Beatles with a Yellow Submarine they should do about anything!
Brian
As much as I'd like to have miniature bandmembers too, I really can't see this happening. I would think they (floyd) would have to grant permission to use their likenesses on these creations, and I just can't see them doing that as they have always been very private and not using their own images much (note lack of their faces on their album covers).

The Beatles Yellow Submarine figurines are not The Beatles, but the cartoon images of them from the animated film. MacFarlane would have to had gotten permission from the makers/animators of the film, most likely.

I think MacFarlane also makes a Jim Morrison figurine, which is realistic, but again, I think they would've had to have gotten permission from his estate....or maybe it's different with the deceased and using their likeness.
floydboy75
Blade
Blade

Post by floydboy75 »

Pugs on the wing, I just mentioned MacFarlane b/c I've seen his KISS figures. And they were very well done. I agree about the way Floyd is a private ol' bunch. So more than likely they would never agree to something like this. But then again, they are getting older and the music just isn't pouring out like it once was. So maybe, just maybe (to fill our Floyd-void) they might humor all of us child-like fans and give us some cool toys to play with while we take our baths!!! Or for some, to collect and show them on display.
Brian
quicksilver
Hammer
Hammer

Post by quicksilver »

I'd like to see them make a set of bath tub toys, so I can give them to my nephew for his birthday.
Anna-Roza
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Anna-Roza »

Yesterday I nearly bought myself a huuuuge pink toy pig, because it looked very much like that one from the "Animals" cover...
Fortunately, it was too expensive :lol: , because all my younger cousins would look at me as I was totally mad :oops:
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Anna-Roza wrote:Yesterday I nearly bought myself a huuuuge pink toy pig, because it looked very much like that one from the "Animals" cover...
Fortunately, it was too expensive :lol: , because all my younger cousins would look at me as I was totally mad :oops:
We have two stuffed pink Pigs and two stuffed Sheep. We bought them for our two Dogs. Having dogs is always a good excuse to indulge your craziness.
Anna-Roza
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Anna-Roza »

Pugs on the Wing wrote: Having dogs is always a good excuse to indulge your craziness.
The whole, naked truth...
:lol: :lol: :lol: