Roger recent interesting Radio Interview

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
Parish
Knife
Knife

Post by Parish »

"David is now, the douche Roger was..."

That should be the name of any new Pink Floyd record
fatoldbob
Judge!
Judge!

Post by fatoldbob »

I think it is fair to say that Rick would not have anything to do with Roger if David wasn't part of the band as well.

Anyone who saw Rick and David together on David's last tour can tell you how much of the PF sound comes from those two.
Parish
Knife
Knife

Post by Parish »

I respectfully disagree Bob. I saw both Dave and Rog this year and comparing both shows the three Floyd shows I have seen in the past I would have to say Roger's had the "feel" of a Floyd show down better than Dave's.
cymbaline212
Hammer
Hammer

Post by cymbaline212 »

J Ed wrote:maybe they should just not pick Dave up in their van when theyre driving to their first gig
:lol: hahahahha, priceless
fatoldbob
Judge!
Judge!

Post by fatoldbob »

I see your point and agree in most parts. But I think the feel of the Floyd show came from the bigger stage production of Roger's tour versus the small venues David played. I feel completely spoiled to be able to see two exceptional tours this past year.
DBlaze
Knife
Knife

Post by DBlaze »

J Ed wrote:maybe they should just not pick Dave up in their van when theyre driving to their first gig

:lol: lol imagine the irony...too bad Syd is gone...he woulda made a great replacement 8)
Tenniru
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tenniru »

There's a chance Roger would not bring political lyrics to the table. He seems almost done with that; Flickering Flame and Hello (I Love You) have nothing to do with politics, and Each Small Candle is mostly optimistic philosophy.
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

Tenniru wrote:There's a chance Roger would not bring political lyrics to the table. He seems almost done with that; Flickering Flame and Hello (I Love You) have nothing to do with politics, and Each Small Candle is mostly optimistic philosophy.
hehehe yes... next thing is he´s gonna sing stuff like "Soon the blue, So soon, Soon the Blue, So soon".....
Demolition Man
Knife
Knife

Post by Demolition Man »

Tenniru wrote:There's a chance Roger would not bring political lyrics to the table. He seems almost done with that; Flickering Flame and Hello (I Love You) have nothing to do with politics, and Each Small Candle is mostly optimistic philosophy.
Care to explain "Leaving Beruit" and " To Kill A Child" then?
peesea
Knife
Knife

Post by peesea »

Each small candle non-political?

Oh I LOL'd...
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Parish wrote:I respectfully disagree Bob. I saw both Dave and Rog this year and comparing both shows the three Floyd shows I have seen in the past I would have to say Roger's had the "feel" of a Floyd show down better than Dave's.
But the comment to which you are responding was about the SOUND...not the FEEL.

Roger may have had the "feel" of a PF show...but since it's pretty much been objectively proven once and for all that Gilmour and Wright ARE the Pink Floyd SOUND, your disagreement is pointless.

Gilmour's guitar and Wright's keyboards ARE the elements that people associate with the SOUND of Pink Floyd.

Not Roger's lyrics...nor his politics...nor even (it would seem) his voice.

It's Gilmour's guitar and Wright's keyboards.

When these elements went missing from The Final Cut (you know, the album that everyone says sounds NOTHING like Pink Floyd...because Wright was gone and Gilmour might as well just have phoned his shit in,) people noticed. They said that it didn't sound like Pink Floyd anymore.

Now...if Roger was all about the FEEL of the Floyd, and the FEEL is enough, then why would people complain about the SOUND being different once Gilmour and Wright were stifled?

Just my fifth of a dime on all of that.