Roger willing for another Floyd reunion!

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
FransT
Axe
Axe

Post by FransT »

That's a fair reaction of you, David. And I appreciate your views.

Really, I'm not a Gilmour hater at all, I love his guitar playing but I couldn't believe it then, that he worked under the name Pink Floyd between 87 and 94.
To me he would have been more honest if he toured in those years under his own name. I think that the 'brand name' made him think that what he did without Roger was as important as the years before 1985 and in mine opinion it just isn't.

i guess it's also my frustration that these guys didn't work together after '82. For instance, I've often wondered how Radio Kaos would have been with Gilmour..

By no means i'm trying to create an new 'theological debate' about Dave versus Roger. i've read to much nonsense on this subject in the last decade..
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

Gilmour says he is lazy, but, you know over the years he has produced and performed with all kinds of people...Brian Ferry, Pete Townshend & the Who (Quad in 96?), Paul McCartney, Smoke On The Water tribute, Strat pack, B.B. King...
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

FransT wrote:....but I couldn't believe it then, that he worked under the name Pink Floyd between 87 and 94.
To me he would have been more honest if he toured in those years under his own name.
Roger Waters quit Pink Floyd, so when he left Pink Floyd consisted of David Gilmour and Nick Mason. What the hell is so wrong with them touring with the name that is legally and rightfully theirs?!
Vlad The Impaler
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Vlad The Impaler »

jambo wrote:
FransT wrote:....but I couldn't believe it then, that he worked under the name Pink Floyd between 87 and 94.
To me he would have been more honest if he toured in those years under his own name.
Roger Waters quit Pink Floyd, so when he left Pink Floyd consisted of David Gilmour and Nick Mason. What the hell is so wrong with them touring with the name that is legally and rightfully theirs?!

Especially since everyone thought it just dandy to continue without Syd who is responsible for Pink Floyd and it's name in the first place. I always found it odd that Roger could feel we can go on without Syd but you can't go on without me.

:roll:

Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

Vlad The Impaler wrote: Especially since everyone thought it just dandy to continue without Syd who is responsible for Pink Floyd and it's name in the first place. I always found it odd that Roger could feel we can go on without Syd but you can't go on without me.

really? well with Syd they had just one album, and it was even a big seller, the Floyd were still nothing back in the days... with Rog they had Dark Side of the Moon and The Wall. Quite a difference in my opinion.
Vlad The Impaler
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Vlad The Impaler »

Yucateco wrote:
Vlad The Impaler wrote: Especially since everyone thought it just dandy to continue without Syd who is responsible for Pink Floyd and it's name in the first place. I always found it odd that Roger could feel we can go on without Syd but you can't go on without me.

really? well with Syd they had just one album, and it was even a big seller, the Floyd were still nothing back in the days... with Rog they had Dark Side of the Moon and The Wall. Quite a difference in my opinion.
Not to me.

P.S. Dragging Dark-Side and the Wall into this is completely irrelevant to the point I made.

nemesis11f
Blade
Blade

Post by nemesis11f »

cRaB wrote:polly samson as lyricist sucks, imho.
They let a WOMEN write a songs? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

What kind of village this? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

nemesis11f wrote:They let a WOMEN write a songs? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Now thats just rude. Watch your language.
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

And your grammar!