The FOOTBALL thread

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
zag
Judge!
Judge!

Post by zag »

PublicImage wrote: All sports are boring except for snooker and cricket!
Cricket !!!!

say no more... :lol:
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

Bill Bryson referred to Cricket as boredom with bats.
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

Stephen wrote:I live 3 miles from Old Trafford, is that close enough to qualify ?
Of course it is.
pompeii purple
Hammer
Hammer

Post by pompeii purple »

PublicImage wrote:I hate people from the UK that support Man Utd despite not being from Manchester. Or any other team, for that matter.
It's like the equivalent of New York Yankees fans. They are everywhere. They will outnumber the opposing team's fans vastly at a Toronto Blue Jays home game.

Boooooooooo. Booooo.
kagee
Judge!
Judge!

Post by kagee »

snifferdog wrote:Bill Bryson referred to Cricket as boredom with bats.
Crickets a great sport! Its one of the few sports left where you can go and watch a game and get pissed at the same time.

There are 3 cricket grounds within walking distance of my house. One of them is used by the Irish cricket team for training.

Theres nothing better than sitting over there on a Sunday afternoon drinking a few pints in the sun whilst watching a match.
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

pompeii purple wrote:It's like the equivalent of New York Yankees fans. They are everywhere. They will outnumber the opposing team's fans vastly at a Toronto Blue Jays home game.

Boooooooooo. Booooo.
Yes, that really is out of hand. I've seen people wearing Yankees hats who probably haven't even seen them play a game in their life.
kagee
Judge!
Judge!

Post by kagee »

PublicImage wrote:I hate people from the UK that support Man Utd despite not being from Manchester. Or any other team, for that matter.

Glory-seeking pugs.
the chant of London FC was always a favourite of mine.

Mind you I am Irish and support an English football team. Not Utd of course.

I also support a League of Ireland team so that balances things out. Come on the Drogs!!
Chris Clarke
Blade
Blade

Post by Chris Clarke »

Stephen wrote:

Glory-seeking pugs.

I live 3 miles from Old Trafford, is that close enough to qualify ?
I've been to Old Trafford twice but to see a real game rugby leaque :D "come on the saints"
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Football made me like green and chasing :)

I support Estonian clubs in abroad championships, also like Madrid Real because Figo is in it, and Munich Bavaria because of Oliver Kahn. And Arsenal because of our goalkeeper Mart Poom (our boy is one of world's best goalkeepers AWWWWWWWW :D !!!). Sadly for Arsenal, he's leaving it...
pompeii purple
Hammer
Hammer

Post by pompeii purple »

Mr. L. is starting to get pretty jazzed about Toronto F.C. It's a miracle. He previously said this sport was for wusses.

Apparently, Torontonians are psyched, too. I'm told for their 20 000 seat stadium (I know, paltry compared to elsewhere, but it's MLS, remember) they have approx. 14 000 season ticket holders. Mind you, it's their first season. I hope it lasts. We need someone to give the blasted Leafs fans a run for their money.
I'll watch more once you-know-who starts playing for Los Angeles. :)
Syd'sSexy
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Syd'sSexy »

Well, the Manchester fans must be commiserating, as no one has commented on today's match. What a disappointment.
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

I was delighted that Chelsea won. As much as I dislike Jose Arrogantino, I will never support the filthy chewing gum obssessed Alex Ferguson's team.
wiped
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by wiped »

Possibly the most boring Cup Final ever ....
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

Yeah, it was piss poor, wasn't it? Some football pundit guy on the radio said the other evening that it would only be a good game if Man Utd scored first, thus making Chelsea have to attack rather than sit back. Anyway, the FA Cup final was only the 3rd/4th place play-off for the Champions League :twisted:
jonesy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by jonesy »

what a load of shite that game was !!!!!

i actually watched it in bed cos i had a bad hangover from the night before.. i usually put up a fight with the hangover and goto the pub for hair of the dog and watch the footy but it was a bit of a belter :lol:
good job really cos it was a crap game and the blue c*nts won ..

i have not posted till now cos i had a gig on saturday night and tried to forget about the result straight after the final whistle was blown :wink:

next time gadget !!! :lol: