"In The News" Discussion Thread

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

I see nobody really gives a shit about the Cutty Sark. LOL.
kagee
Judge!
Judge!

Post by kagee »

my breakfast. wrote:I see nobody really gives a shit about the Cutty Sark. LOL.
I wouldn't say I don't give a shit. Its a pity it got torched alright. I went down to see it once when I was in London. Fine ship.

Its just that there are other far more important things happening in the world.
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

kagee wrote:Its just that there are other far more important things happening in the world.

Such as Madalene McCann?

Anyway. Yeah I Cutty Sark last year around this time. It was a bit flakey and rusty back then.
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

How much of the original ol' Cutty Sark was left on it anyway? Sometimes these things are renovated so much there's little left of the original
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: "In The News" Discussion Thread

Post by nosaj »

I've been known to drink Cutty Sark, when the good stuff is unavailable...
davidjay
Hammer
Hammer
Location: spiraling down to the hole in the ground where i hide

Post by davidjay »

i'm watching our "commander in thief" g w bush on tv right now. he's such an embarasment to the american people. to my fellow americans, i'd like to preface my statements by saying that i'm a moderate independent, not a radical democrat. the president continues to spout the same old lines. he's defending freedom. he's protecting the american people from terrorists. i won't go on forever about how wrong he is. many people already have made my case, so i won't rehash old arguments. all i'd like to say is that bush has made the world a much more dangerous place for americans, not a safer one.

when we went to war in afganistan, i was guarded, but supportive of bush's actions. we were trying to bring the terrorists that attacked us on 9/11 to justice. that was a noble goal. when we shifted our focus to iraq, it was pretty apparent to me that bush was trying to settle an old score against sadam hussien. it had little to do those who were responsible for 9/11.

here we are, years later. bush continues to give us flimsy excuses that fly in the face of logic. i can say one positive thing about our president. he's got balls the size of melons! how else could he go on like this?

to the world, i'd like to say, "i'm sorry". not all americans are like g w bush. we'll have a new president next year. hopefully he or she will be able to undo some of the damage inflicted by the current administration. i'm a proud american, though not always proud of what our country is doing. i guess i cant really say more than that.
Syd'sSexy
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Syd'sSexy »

Here's a total shocker! Charles Manson was denied parole for the 11th time...

http://www.courttv.com/news/2007/0524/manson_ap.html
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

Oh well, there's always next time....

Charles Manson's one of those notorious killers in prison who'll never be let out no matter what. I wouldn't fancy Mark Chapman's chances either or Ian Brady (Moors Murderer)
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re:

Post by drafsack »

snifferdog wrote:How much of the original ol' Cutty Sark was left on it anyway? Sometimes these things are renovated so much there's little left of the original
Pretty much all of it was original
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

Heads are rolling over a recent Doc Martens ad campaign. They've sacked the advertising agency responsible for their ad campaign with dead music icons in heaven wearing Docs. Courtney Love got upset about Kurt Cobain appearing in one of the ads. No word on what Joe Strummer, Sid Vicious or Joe Ramone had to say on the matter...

PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

This is their latest advert:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVIrcaet1Jw
corie
Judge!
Judge!

Post by corie »

Anyone else hear Paris might have to serve little if any Jail Time becuse of overpopulation. or maybee Daddy made a nice contribution . Feh !!!!!!!!!!1
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

corie wrote:Anyone else hear Paris might have to serve little if any Jail Time becuse of overpopulation. or maybee Daddy made a nice contribution . Feh !!!!!!!!!!1
There goes any chance of "my first shower hell" video
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by 2066 »

snifferdog wrote:Heads are rolling over a recent Doc Martens ad campaign. They've sacked the advertising agency responsible for their ad campaign with dead music icons in heaven wearing Docs. Courtney Love got upset about Kurt Cobain appearing in one of the ads. No word on what Joe Strummer, Sid Vicious or Joe Ramone had to say on the matter...
Weird! So what's their slogan this time around? "Live fast, die young and leave a good looking pair of boots"?
Syd'sSexy
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Syd'sSexy »

Ha, looks like Paris is going to jail on Tuesday...more of the never-ending saga... :roll:

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=264018&GT1=7703