"In The News" Discussion Thread

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: "In The News" Discussion Thread

Post by PublicImage »

The good thing about heaven is that only the pious can gain access to it - and of course, Bin Laden was the most pious of them all. This means that the 72 virgins he was promised will be equally pious, and their devoted brothers, fathers and cousins will also be there - so, if Bin Laden dares to even take a glimpse of their flesh, they will have to be stoned to death for dishonouring their families. A true haven for Islamic fundamentalists!
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

IMO in the end he got it better than Sadam at least, who was killed being a prisoner, and humiliated by his captors right before his death, when he no longer represent any threat for the world at large or for the people of Iraq. Actually I don't even think Sadam ever represented a real threat for the world at large, just for his neighbors and oppositors. He was still a bastard murderer though.

In the case of Bin Laden I'm OK with the killing of someone like Old Sammy, you just don't negotiate when trying to capture religious fanatic suicide bombers who have murdered more than 2000 people in USA, Spain and England. That said, I would have prefered that he had been captured and given the Guantanamo five stars treatment.
wiped
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by wiped »

^ I disagree ... you just create a whole heap of other problems (fair trail etc) .. they did the right thing killing him point blank. Who gives a flying fuck if he was unarmed ...
justabagofatoms
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by justabagofatoms »

PublicImage wrote:The good thing about heaven is that only the pious can gain access to it - and of course, Bin Laden was the most pious of them all. This means that the 72 virgins he was promised will be equally pious, and their devoted brothers, fathers and cousins will also be there - so, if Bin Laden dares to even take a glimpse of their flesh, they will have to be stoned to death for dishonouring their families. A true haven for Islamic fundamentalists!

lol!!

As far as humiliating Saddam, I think that hiding in a hole in the ground in a country that once bore your likeness on the currency would be humiliation enough. Saddam was far from a harmless coward, he is responsible for poisoning the Persian Gulf, thereby ruining the lives of a large portion of Iraqis-the Marsh tribes-and inflicting ecological mass murder. As for murder, he and his sons were well known for kidnapping and murdering brides from their own weddings (making sure to off the groom first, of course), amongst other atrocities that they commited against their population. I could go on, but I'd rather not. The Iraqi people meted out Saddam's end, even though it was America that dug him out, and for that I am glad for them.
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

Yeah, just as I said, he was a real danger for Iraq, but not for the world at large, like Bush Jr. wanted us to believe. They didn't go there because of the "WMDs" or to solve the social injustices and crimes, they just got there because of the oil. End of story.
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

They went for the wrong reasons, but the capture and execution of Saddam Hussein is not a bad achievement.
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

Hmmmm, in a way it is. Afterall Saddam's secularism was the main roadbloack against the expantion of Iran's radical islamic fundamentalism over the middle east. With him out of the scene they have gained a bigger grasp over the Iraqis, so now Iran is becoming the powereful big bad wolf for America. So in the end the USA just did it again, by trying to solve a problem they ended up fueling just another one.
justabagofatoms
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

You're welcome! :D
PooF
Hammer
Hammer

Post by PooF »

PublicImage wrote:They went for the wrong reasons, but the capture and execution of Saddam Hussein is not a bad achievement.
Having captured him, how does executing him make it an even better achievement? Without resorting to Hitchensian fanaticism, what other executions would you recommend for the betterment of "Western Civilisation"?
justabagofatoms
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

I wouldn't mind feeding Kim Jong Il a missile sandwich. :D
Of course, the millions of North Koreans that are currently being subjugated by the "Little Elvis" (with apologies to dead Elvis), may disagree with me. I doubt it. It is the one country on Earth that goes black at night. Except for Kim Jong's palace, of course. He is ensconced with his cd collection and his Scotch and I don't want to imagine what else. Do you think he will ever leave that position voluntarily, Poof? Or would it require execution/assassination? What about Quadaffi? He is currently taunting the Nato forces that are currently ineffectually trying to eradicate him. He is murdering his own people, do you think he is willing to walk away from that job? Both of these tyrants deserve nothing less than death, in my violent opinion, because they make millions suffer for their own gratification and gain. How else does one get rid of such vermin?
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

justabagofatoms wrote:It is the one country on Earth that goes black at night.
You said it as if that were a bad thing. Right now THAT is exactly what the Earth needs! We are the worst pest for the planet. And particually the USA and western Europe, just watch this pic, it looks like the whole continent is on a permanent christmas celebration, 365 days a year!

http://gallery.hd.org/_exhibits/places- ... P-ANON.jpg
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

http://www.themusicmagazine.co.uk/eurov ... 1-thoughts

Scroll down to see what they have to say about Estonia. Overall, a nicely sympathetic review, but... gay bars of Eastern Europe?

And

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BriU4G33Hd0

OUR boys riding a bike at an airport! I sense a case of the Moom's Desease lol
PooF
Hammer
Hammer

Post by PooF »

justabagofatoms wrote:I wouldn't mind feeding Kim Jong Il a missile sandwich. :D
Of course, the millions of North Koreans that are currently being subjugated by the "Little Elvis" (with apologies to dead Elvis), may disagree with me. I doubt it. It is the one country on Earth that goes black at night. Except for Kim Jong's palace, of course. He is ensconced with his cd collection and his Scotch and I don't want to imagine what else. Do you think he will ever leave that position voluntarily, Poof? Or would it require execution/assassination? What about Quadaffi? He is currently taunting the Nato forces that are currently ineffectually trying to eradicate him. He is murdering his own people, do you think he is willing to walk away from that job? Both of these tyrants deserve nothing less than death, in my violent opinion, because they make millions suffer for their own gratification and gain. How else does one get rid of such vermin?
It sounds like you want to save the world, not just the West. Are you sure you know what the world needs (now)? As a good person, how do you balance the probability of being mistaken, or excessive, when you're recommending the finality of execution of vermin? Is the execution of such people so important (they will die anyway, eventually)?
Idisaffect
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Idisaffect »

moom wrote:Scroll down to see what they have to say about Estonia.
Estonians often eat their young?
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Idisaffect wrote:
moom wrote:Scroll down to see what they have to say about Estonia.
Estonians often eat their young?
We're not prehistoric! We take good care of them, feed them all that's good so that they look fleshy yet fit. And only then we eat them.

Osama's new and latest recording.