"In The News" Discussion Thread

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: "In The News" Discussion Thread

Post by Hudini »

Gilmour had been accused of stealing a mannequin leg
:smt043
Flying pig437
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Flying pig437 »

ddebil wrote:Almost forgotten about this.....
http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/9138393. ... sentenced/

\:D/
The Guardian headline is Student to be sentenced for rampage! Seems strangely OTT for Guardian!
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

There was this thing that happened in Norway in the weekend that I find really unsettling.
pastchristmas
Blade
Blade

Post by pastchristmas »

Been following this US debt ceiling thing and just finished reading this article: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/07 ... -response/

I have been interested in this, mainly because I am an American and am directly affected by it, but also because I am wondering if this isn't proof that the apocalypse is really near.

If nothing else, it brings back the words of Abraham Lincoln, who said that if this nation falls, it will fall from within, brought about by apathy. When legislators are refusing to do what is right because they are not getting what they believe they should in return, then it is indeed true that apathy is reigning supreme. If not that, then at the very least it is greed and opportunism.

Bottom line, I have rarely seen politics stoop so low.
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

danielcaux wrote:There was this thing that happened in Norway in the weekend that I find really unsettling.
It is, isn't it? There's something incredibly chilling about the calculated way in which he went about the whole thing, from the act itself right down to the posed photos and that he seems to have intended to come out of the whole episode alive.
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

danielcaux wrote:There was this thing that happened in Norway in the weekend that I find really unsettling.
And the EU has scrapped the death penalty thanks to it's Human Rights laws, despite nobody (not even his family) shedding tears if this sad, terrible man faced it.
I see the point of getting rid of it... but come on. Surely it was designed for psychos like this?
And his actions will be for nothing as the Norway Labour party are clearly going to sweep back to power and unite Norway further. Good. Anything that makes his living days a further hell of failure.
pastchristmas
Blade
Blade

Post by pastchristmas »

I have been incredibly, deeply moved by this piece of news I have read today. It has affected me deeply and I haven't been able to stop crying. Be warned that it is not easy news to read. Please don't blame me for ruining your week if you click on the link:

http://www.christianpost.com/news/kim-k ... sis-52880/
Stinibobs
Axe
Axe

Post by Stinibobs »

my week has been ruined, thank you!

seriously though, I have absolutely no time for the Kardashian's in any shape or form.
pastchristmas
Blade
Blade

Post by pastchristmas »

Stinibobs wrote:my week has been ruined, thank you!

seriously though, I have absolutely no time for the Kardashian's in any shape or form.
I generally have no use for them either, but I was so shocked by the news reports I had to share one of them. What initially got my attention was the report that she was diagnosed with an autoimmune disorder. It sucked me right in. I clicked the link thinking it was Lupus or AIDS or something like that, but it ended up being Psoriasis. Seriously? :lol:

Shame on me, though. Got sucked in pretty good, as they intended. :lol:
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

I keep seeing her name being mentioned in stuff but I have absolutely no idea who or what she is or does. Apart from being very good at getting her name in the papers that is.
Stinibobs
Axe
Axe

Post by Stinibobs »

snifferdog wrote:I keep seeing her name being mentioned in stuff but I have absolutely no idea who or what she is or does. Apart from being very good at getting her name in the papers that is.
Yep, thats about it!
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

So the world won't end if she's got psoriasis? Phew.
Stephen
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Stephen »

Stinibobs wrote: seriously though, I have absolutely no time for the Kardashian's in any shape or form.
Me neither, I never trusted that Gul Dukat.
oldhippy
Judge!
Judge!

Post by oldhippy »

I have a wonderful friend just a few doors away from me. She phoned me yesterday to say she wanted to what she thought was fart and ended up with a follow through. :lol: :lol: :lol:
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

I've recently found out that Lembit Öpik is a candidate for Mayor of London, coming from Wales.
BUT

He's Estonian.

HA! 8)