"In The News" Discussion Thread

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: "In The News" Discussion Thread

Post by snifferdog »

Yeah. I was being somewhat cynical. There are times when one wonders if what replaced the bad guy is as bad if not worse. I'm sure the areas that have oil will do fine
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

snifferdog wrote:I just wonder what will replace him?
I like that you're saying "what" instead of "who".
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

It's a machine, isn't it?
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

A puppet. Who will "pave way" for democracy. *puts his sarcastic mask on* Yeah, I can totally see where democracy there will grow. *mask off* Yuck...

Aside from not being perfect for anybody, democracy will never work out there, at least not in the nearest 300 years. There'll always be islamists and them fighting democrats, and hardly anybody will be smart enough - or should I say humble/noble enough - to move and/or split the country and just go on with their lives peacefully. No offense to muslims, but your extremists sure love jihads and always blame jews and christians and America, don't they? Whining abou losing one very small piece of land that Israel, I think, rightfully claims (look at the historical maps and just put an end to these wars, you're involving your own people in them as well!)
Flying pig437
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Flying pig437 »

moom wrote:A puppet. Who will "pave way" for democracy. *puts his sarcastic mask on* Yeah, I can totally see where democracy there will grow. *mask off* Yuck...

Whining abou losing one very small piece of land that Israel, I think, rightfully claims (look at the historical maps and just put an end to these wars,
Everyone keeps going on about going back to the pre-1967 borders why not go back to the borders from biblical times? :D
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

That's what I was talking about :) I, of course, do not mean to restore those borders centimeter by centimeter, tho.
Beowulf
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Beowulf »

moom wrote:First he quits Apple, then snap, he's dead. Respect, mr Jobs. Rest in peace. I thought I'd never use iTunes - but I do now.
I thought I'd never use iTunes - so I don't.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

I have to in order to use iPod. For videos, actually.
justabagofatoms
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by justabagofatoms »

Stop the presses!! :roll:

A soon-to-be-extinct term, I'm sure.

Just got a Tweet from the asteroid YU55. It will be passing Earth today.
We hope.

Unless it takes a left.

It was discovered in 2005. It is approximately the size of an aircraft carrier. For some reason, which I cannot fathom, it was not studied until 2010 to determine if it's trajectory posed a threat to the planet.
I guess I will believe the people that say it won't hit us, as it doesn't seem that we have any sort of contingency plan in place in the event that they are lying.

I'm not worried, as you may have heard, archaeologists recently discovered the previously unknown Mayan Calender-Part Two.

What? You didn't hear that??

Beowulf
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Beowulf »

snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

We'd all better say what we need to say before the thing hits
Beowulf
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Beowulf »

snifferdog wrote:We'd all better say what we need to say before the thing hits
Bye then
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

I heard about this very odd story from Australia this morning...
A BANK MANAGER has told a court in Australia that he robbed $40,000 from his own branch after he was told to do so by ‘Irish revolutionaries’ who injected him with a poison that could not be cured.

He claims that he was car-jacked by two men who stabbed him in the neck with a needle and demanded he rob a bank and deliver the money, or else he would die.

Appearing at Southport District Court the manager of the Mudgeeraba Bank said he was told that if he stole the money and delivered it then somebody would throw him a rock wrapped in paper with details of where to find a red tablet that would cure him from the effects of the poison.

Forrester claims that one of the men had an Irish accent and said the money was for the revolutionary cause, to stop the oppression of his people.

The Gold Coast Bulletin reports that when Forrester arrived at the bank he instructed employee Scott Hale to open the safe and check it as they did every morning. He then took the cash from the safe, put it in his backpack and walked out of the branch without saying a word.
Amazingly, he walked free and is now back at work..in his old bank
Beowulf
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Beowulf »

snifferdog wrote:I heard about this very odd story from Australia this morning...
A BANK MANAGER has told a court in Australia that he robbed $40,000 from his own branch after he was told to do so by ‘Irish revolutionaries’ who injected him with a poison that could not be cured.

He claims that he was car-jacked by two men who stabbed him in the neck with a needle and demanded he rob a bank and deliver the money, or else he would die.

Appearing at Southport District Court the manager of the Mudgeeraba Bank said he was told that if he stole the money and delivered it then somebody would throw him a rock wrapped in paper with details of where to find a red tablet that would cure him from the effects of the poison.

Forrester claims that one of the men had an Irish accent and said the money was for the revolutionary cause, to stop the oppression of his people.

The Gold Coast Bulletin reports that when Forrester arrived at the bank he instructed employee Scott Hale to open the safe and check it as they did every morning. He then took the cash from the safe, put it in his backpack and walked out of the branch without saying a word.
Amazingly, he walked free and is now back at work..in his old bank
I have some of whatever he'd been drinking ...
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

You mean you don't believe him?