"In The News" Discussion Thread

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
iwantmypinkfloydnow
Hammer
Hammer

Post by iwantmypinkfloydnow »

First the FBI wiretaps the internet. Now the Bush administration is tightening copyright laws with longer JAILTIME!

http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-9719339-7.html

A big F U to the MPAA and the RIAA. This is for making ideas into products and giving back only 5% to music artists.

Humans are so easily curroptable.
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

All wetern countries are upping the copyright thing...I have copyright lawyers in the office next to me, and clients that back a lot of this...computer chips for the brain I say...thought crimes.
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

Prince Harry isn't going to Iraq. Damn. I wanted that ginger runt to be used as a human shield. Its about time the publics taxes aren't used to line the assholes of the royal family with diamonds... But of course Harry cannot go. Maybe if he was killed they would do an autopsy and realise that Prince Charles in NOT the father (obviously) its James fucking Hewitt.

Anyway. The media is so fucking stupid. "Prince Harry Might Go To Iraq Everybody" broadcast for about a week on every fucking frequency... then suddenly the insurgents know about it? Those dastardly insurgents, they must have been watching BBC world service! Oh and they want to make the little ginger runt a specific target! So ging goes back to being just another useless member of the royal family. Great.
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

It's ridiculous, princes joining the army/navy. They're only playing at soldiers - just joining up so they can pretend they're working like the rest of us.
corie
Judge!
Judge!

Post by corie »

snifferdog wrote:It's ridiculous, princes joining the army/navy. They're only playing at soldiers - just joining up so they can pretend they're working like the rest of us.
and don't forget all the really cool clothes and toys they get . :?
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

Prince Harry's Comrades called him "The Ginger Bullet Magnet" apparently. Hilarious.
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

Oooh. Looks like the Cutty Sark is royally fucked.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,, ... 31,00.html

Ouch.
Syd'sSexy
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Syd'sSexy »

For the ladies...not really news, but someone sent me this link and it totally cracked me up. Check these mailorder husbands out!

http://www.mailorderhusbands.net/order/

Here's my man below. What more could a woman ask for? :lol: :lol:

Name: Earl
I deal in reality...and the reality is that I'm ready for love. I can chop lots of wood and can even climb a greased pole. I keep in shape by chasing chickens around my back yard. I keep my self clean and take baths weekly.
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

Hahahahahaa. These look like they should be on the FBI's Most Wanted :lol:

An cheaper and quicker alternative for a woman who's feeling a bit....lonesome is to buy this gizmo. Doing the hoovering will never be the same again
Syd'sSexy
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Syd'sSexy »

snifferdog wrote:Hahahahahaa. These look like they should be on the FBI's Most Wanted :lol:

An cheaper and quicker alternative for a woman who's feeling a bit....lonesome is to buy this gizmo. Doing the hoovering will never be the same again
I just ordered three of them! Thanks for the tip! :lol: :lol: :lol:
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

Wow, I cannot believe that David Cameron is withdrawing the Conservative Party's support towards grammar schools. That is not very conservative!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6676447.stm
kagee
Judge!
Judge!

Post by kagee »

PublicImage wrote:Wow, I cannot believe that David Cameron is withdrawing the Conservative Party's support towards grammar schools. That is not very conservative!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6676447.stm
Didn't they say they are withdrawing their support because it turned out that it was only benefiting rich kids?

Cameron is already under fire because of his public school background whilst trying to appear as a man of the people.

He can't appear to be too elitist.
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

Yes, because they are dominated by the middle classes. He really is trying to turn the Tories into a second Labour party!
kagee
Judge!
Judge!

Post by kagee »

PublicImage wrote:Yes, because they are dominated by the middle classes. He really is trying to turn the Tories into a second Labour party!
From what I can see I don't really think there is much difference between both parties anymore.

Labour are at this stage only slightly left of centre and the Tories and only slightly right of centre.

IMHO there are very few differences in modern politics and anyone who is tends to be seen as slightly radical. Its all just different shades of blue.
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

You get parties that start out with one ethos gradually moving to the centre/the right. Then another smaller party moves into the void they've left behind...then that party gets bigger & gets notions of power and starts changing. It's like The Wall - an ever-repeating cycle :lol:
Last edited by snifferdog on Fri May 25, 2007 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.