Rog this week - who's going

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

Going on friday night.
Not sure if i am looking forward or not to Roger's rendition of 'Dark Side' really but hopefully the band will be up to the mark.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

moodyblue wrote:Going on friday night.
Not sure if i am looking forward or not to Roger's rendition of 'Dark Side' really but hopefully the band will be up to the mark.
Dont worry if they play it like they did last night at the NEC you wont be disapointed.
wiped
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by wiped »

Have to wait til next Mon for me .... Dublin , Point Depot 8)
hummingman
Blade
Blade

Post by hummingman »

CDWheeler wrote:I'm going to the show on Friday in London. I'm really looking forward to it, my first show with a member from Pink Floyd.
Same here on both accounts :D
PooF
Hammer
Hammer

Post by PooF »

I've got tickets for tomorrow (Fri). I suppose I'll have to go then. What a drag!
corie
Judge!
Judge!

Post by corie »

for Toronto and those willing to Travel ? I guess Theyy cant sell enough tickets it was moved into a Large Venue so here if you are intrested:
Set Two presents Roger Waters and band performing "The Dark Side Of The Moon," one of the defining works of rock music history, from start-to-finish.
Starting Friday, May 11th at 10am, when you purchase one 500 level ticket @ $39.50, you’ll get your second ticket for half price!!
The password is: MONEY

(Please note: This offer is for 500 level tickets only. Limited quantities of discounted tickets are available. Applicable taxes and service charges are not included in ticket price. This offer expires Friday, June 1st at 5pm or while supplies last)

Enjoy the show!

Andrew from Club Q
hummingman
Blade
Blade

Post by hummingman »

Any NPF peoples meeting up?
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

I'll be whereever the NPF peoples choose tomorrow! Most likely O'Neils opposite the venue, which will most likely be carnage due to its location but its worth a shot!

Highlights of the tour so far for me are hooking up with Neil from the Amber Herd and having an absolute blast journey wise, lets face it, I was travelling with a fellow Pink Floyd & Dr Who fan, it couldnt go wrong! He was the perfect host and a good friend, I'll not forget that generous hospitality!

Other highlights...., giving up on hooking up with The Non Believers;) and then stumbling upon them completely by accident as I left the M.E.N. dazed and confused and thinking I may have to walk from Manchester to Brighton!

I think I may have seen Keith at the MEN and its quite possible Neil was sitting very close to him but yet again theres been no hook up with the Jordan and the jury is now even further out regarding wether or not he really exists!;)

And so on to the brum gig....

The crowd were much more subdued, something that would have been great 30 years ago but in this context just seemed dull! it was great to hook up with the mighty Drafsack again and be superior whilst talking about all you non-admin folks;) for a moment we were kings!!!!! OK we didnt really talk about the forum other than our friend Jedi who is very stable and balanced...seriously tho...It was great to hook up with Nick again and I look forward to doing so over the next 2 days in London.

It doesnt matter how many gigs I go to each year tho, one question still pains me....
''Why do people choose concerts to talk about their holidays?''
OK, if youve been on holiday and had a good time and fancy telling yer mate about it then fair play...the Earth isnt small by comparisom of your holiday...but! for some reason there are folks who think discussion of their sojurn to Benidorm has to be discussed in the middle of a Roger Waters concert blocking the view and impairing the hearing of people that have paid for such gig!. I could completely understand their decision to do so if I was a rude c*** but Im not and having been to over 2000 live shows I have a certain taste of perspective. If anyone planning on going to the Earls Court shows is reading this, get your mundane drabness banter off your chest now and let the people that have paid for concert tickets see the show they have paid for!!!

P.S. Has anyone seen Jedi? You can say ''yes'' even if its only for a laugh!!

Part 2 of the UK Waters tour follows tomorrow, possibly followed by a best of DVD of the footage I got from the shows.....5 hours worth so far!!!!!
Neil1567/2
Blade
Blade

Post by Neil1567/2 »

Just back to earth after the first two UK shows this week.Probably the best arena shows I've seen, including Pros and Cons in '85.Manchester on Monday was the daftest of the two and it was clear everybody had been enjoying a few beers in the bank holiday sun beforehand.It could have all kicked off in the interval with the Ring Of Fire chants and the station afterwards was a bit messy but all of this seemed to fire up the band who put in a great gutsy performance.Rog told us we'd made him feel like he was 20 again! He also told us he was pleased Chelsea didn't win the title which,from a gooner,was understandable,really.The new films and stuff were good.Didn't see the astronaut at Hyde Park as we were too close to the stage so good to see him and the ticker tape from god knows where around piggy was effective.The nearby jazz fags helped too...Good to see Jonesy and his massive again at the end-I hate to tell you that Stu saw the same t-shirt seller floggin em at a fiver each on Tueday night! He obviously had to get back to Liverpool to sign on rather than heading down to London.As he notes below,Simple Dumb Pilot accompanied me on this leg of the odyssey and we found a bar in the Printworks afer for a beer whilst waiting for the stupid 8 quid car park to clear."Special Event Rate" indeed.
Tuesday was a more laid back affair with the crowd a lot quieter but,to me,was the better evening musically of the two.Kilminster was a lot less flashy than at Hyde Park and his solos on Cigar,Sheep and Time were great.His joint solo on CN with Snowy was better tonight too.Really noticed Graham Broad's rototom bit on Time as well-watch tonight how he moves from that kit back to the main kit witout missing a beat! It took DG's Floyd two drummers to do that! Having said that,there may be two drummers tonight...A highlight of both shows for me was the Final Cut tunes-irrespective of who sang what and when.It'd be great to see a full FC show but probably unlikely.My money's on Rog doing a full Wall show in a year or two.It seems to me to be the only thing that can possible match this tour.
SDP and I dished out a load of flyers for Frome before and after the show and bumped into Dave from Breathe for a beer beforehand.Thanks a lot for the company Stu.Look forward to doing it again soon.Hope two hours at Nottingham bus station at midnight on a Tuesday wasn't as cack as I'd imagine!
Hope you all have a fantastic time you lot going to the last three UK shows.Looking forward to seeing and hearing some footage soon.
gnomad
Blade
Blade

Post by gnomad »

I went to Roger's concert at Earls Court on Saturday 12th May The big surprise of the night was Nick Mason on drums for DSOTM and the encores.

This now means I have seen Nick play more times than any other Floyd member!!
Parish
Knife
Knife

Re: Rog this week - who's going

Post by Parish »

Madison Square Garden last night :D

Supremely awesome show...
kjh1965
Axe
Axe

Post by kjh1965 »

Parish wrote:Image

is that a bandage around piggies left leg?? seems to be taking a long time to heal from the sydney fall of grace.....
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

What an excellant picture
Parish
Knife
Knife

Post by Parish »

drafsack wrote:

What an excellent picture

Thanks...I'll have my review to post shortly :)
corie
Judge!
Judge!

Post by corie »

kjh1965 wrote:

is that a bandage around piggies left leg?? seems to be taking a long time to heal from the sydney fall of grace.....

Couldv'e got a niffty reapir kit from canadian tire :D