Earls Court

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

decampos wrote:
In my cynical mind having to uncap bottles is just so you buy more drinks. The excuse given to me (at the earls court gig) was - 'someone was hurt by having a cap thrown at them'. What nonsense - a coin can do far more damage when thrown but they don't ban them.
Well, you have to admit at every concert you get the odd occasional bunch of cretins who just can't resist throwing anything just for the sheer hell of it if they are given the opportunity or the ammunition for it.
I have seen along with many others i am sure when people have been allowed to buy bottles at open air gigs, people urinate in them and on occasion, throw them around out of sheer boredom.
It only takes one idiot to spoil it for the rest of us !
decampos
Hammer
Hammer

Post by decampos »

moodyblue wrote: Well, you have to admit at every concert you get the odd occasional bunch of cretins who just can't resist throwing anything just for the sheer hell of it if they are given the opportunity or the ammunition for it.
I have seen along with many others i am sure when people have been allowed to buy bottles at open air gigs, people urinate in them and on occasion, throw them around out of sheer boredom.
yeah, I suppose you're right. Pissed me off though as I'm diabetic and usually carry a bottle of something sweet. Tried to explain that to them but they couldn't care less. had to throw it away.
bangers10
Embryo
Embryo

Post by bangers10 »

this is my first post an my 2 pence worth, I felt the show last friday was greatand I have been to:-

Pink Floyd - Pulse in '94 Earls Court
Roger Waters @ Glastonbury 2002
Pink Floyd @ Live 8 2005
David Gilmour @ Heineken Music Hall 2006
David Gilmour @ Royal Albert Hall 2006
Roger Waters @ Hyde Park 2006
Roger Waters @ Earls Court 2007

I dont feel it right to compare and say one is better than the next, Pulse was amazing as it was my first PF concert and the light show was amazing.
Roger in Glastonbury was special as the quad was superb. Live8, well, that speaks for itself.
Gilmour both times was brilliant for guitar and voice and Waters in Hyde Park and Earls court on this tour for me were special because of the emotion in the concerts and being with all my mates who are big fans too.
With regards the sound, we were 20 rows back from the fornt and it was superb, well worth paying the extra, yes there were also some drunk twats about, just ignore them innit.

If I never see another gig, be it the band or solo, I will die a happy man

as for Aussie Floyd, I saw them a few years ago and were not too impressed.
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Re:

Post by simpledumbpilot »

drafsack wrote:Another good show last night - not so many wankers with their beer tonight and the crowd were a bit more respectful. Nick Mason turned up tonight and played on the dark side part as well as the encore. Looked for Stu again but couldn't see him. Was with mrs Drafsack tonight so there wasn't the same amount of letching at the femail members of the audience as there was the previous evening . :wink:
Hey Nick, I spotted you on the second night but a tad too late! You were about a quarter of the way back on the inside edge of the first block or 2 on the left but just as I shouted Nick and got up to come over to try and grab your attention the lights went down for the second half and I didnt spot you again after. Im pretty sure you had your FLips shirt on again, or at least something of a red nature, I was equally grubby by being Grandaddy'ed up again ;)

Oddly it seems our experiences of the first and second nights seem to be the exact opposites, were you further back on the first night? I was quite near the front on the first one (not too far from where I spotted you on the second night) and had a ball with almost no interuptions but was further back on the second one and almost felt like leaving due to the beer and piss pests! I even had one drunk bloke fall on me!!

I thoroughly enjoyed the tour, it was wonderful to meet some more NPFers, particularly PooF who Im sorry I couldnt have spent more time with, seemed like a genuinely nice guy. Hopefully next time we'll all have chance to grab a drink together. Best show is a tough call between Manchester and the first Earls Court show.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Earls Court

Post by drafsack »

Sorry i missed you stu
PooF
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Re:

Post by PooF »

simpledumbpilot wrote:Oddly it seems our experiences of the first and second nights seem to be the exact opposites, were you further back on the first night? I was quite near the front on the first one (not too far from where I spotted you on the second night) and had a ball with almost no interuptions but was further back on the second one and almost felt like leaving due to the beer and piss pests! I even had one drunk bloke fall on me!!

I thoroughly enjoyed the tour, it was wonderful to meet some more NPFers, particularly PooF who Im sorry I couldnt have spent more time with, seemed like a genuinely nice guy. Hopefully next time we'll all have chance to grab a drink together. Best show is a tough call between Manchester and the first Earls Court show.
Good to meet you too, Simpledumbpilot. I didn't go to the Sat night show, but I was also quite near the front (B3) on the Fri night and saw very little beer except for the ones I guzzled. Great evening.