Cameras allowed?

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
narcissus
Axe
Axe

Re: Cameras allowed?

Post by narcissus »

DBlaze wrote:
narcissus wrote:Guys, thanks for the continued advice and tips...3 days to go and I'm still considering my options!
I'm guessing you went yesterday then huh? Anyway, I had no problems when I was there...other than the fact that my pictures suck :lol: It's good enough for my personal use but it's of no good use on the internet or the NPF gallery.
Yes, I was there! Where were you? I thought my floor position (Section 5) would allow me somewhat of a chance for halfway decent shots...unfortunately I didn't take into account the numerous tall, big-haired people directly in the field of vision between me and the stage. :roll: As you said, I was able to take a few shots and record some bits good enough for my collection, but nothing worth sharing (though I think I have seen shakier, grainier stuff on YouTube).
And yeah, the irony of it all is that no one even looked twice at my bag, much less in it!
DBlaze
Knife
Knife

Post by DBlaze »

You were in Section 5? I was actually in 52 :lol: I doubt your pictures could be worse than mine (considering that I took it on a phone :lol: )...I may post one eventually so we can compare :D
amanda_t_
Axe
Axe

Post by amanda_t_ »

Okay. I know this is a kind of old thread. But i'm going to see Roger on saturday (July 14) at Roger's Centre(skydome) in Toronto and i'm wondering if anyone is in toronto and knows how tight security is there. I haven't been there since before Roger's bought it so i don't know if it's changed at all since then. I'm not really looking to bootleg anything. Hehe. I just want to know if i should leave my camera at home or try to take it in.
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

amanda_t_ wrote:Okay. I know this is a kind of old thread. But i'm going to see Roger on saturday (July 14) at Roger's Centre(skydome) in Toronto and i'm wondering if anyone is in toronto and knows how tight security is there. I haven't been there since before Roger's bought it so i don't know if it's changed at all since then. I'm not really looking to bootleg anything. Hehe. I just want to know if i should leave my camera at home or try to take it in.
I don't know. But meet other Pink Floyd fans before the show at Casey's on Front St. Here is a link, http://forum.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/vie ... =9&t=16342, go to page 11 for a map.
narcissus
Axe
Axe

Post by narcissus »

amanda_t_ wrote:Okay. I know this is a kind of old thread. But i'm going to see Roger on saturday (July 14) at Roger's Centre(skydome) in Toronto and i'm wondering if anyone is in toronto and knows how tight security is there. I haven't been there since before Roger's bought it so i don't know if it's changed at all since then. I'm not really looking to bootleg anything. Hehe. I just want to know if i should leave my camera at home or try to take it in.
Good question, because it looks like I'll be there, too (!) Not to jinx anything, but all my worry about the last 3 shows I've attended turned out to be completely pointless. I'm thinking for the majority of venues, even if the venue normally has a No Camera/Video, etc. policy, it sort of depends on the artist. If the artist specificially states "I don't want cameras, etc.", then the venue tries to enforce it. If, like Roger, the artist doesn't seem to care, the venue takes a less strict approach.
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

narcissus, you going to meet up at Casey's before the show?
narcissus
Axe
Axe

Post by narcissus »

nosaj wrote:narcissus, you going to meet up at Casey's before the show?
Hmm...don't know...what's the atmosphere like? I'll be with my sister, who's not yet of legal drinking age.
Freddie Mercury
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Freddie Mercury »

I always just take a disposable camera, then I can get rid of it if I need to. You have to make sure you get one with film for lower light levels though.
amanda_t_
Axe
Axe

Post by amanda_t_ »

Doh! I didn't read this before i went to the show. Oops. I didn't end up taking a camera. I figured it was better NOT to lose it. I planned on getting a disposable but i ran out of time on the way there. It was a great show though!