Piper 40th Anniversary Re-Release Confirmed: 3CD Box Set

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Syd'sSexy
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: Piper 40th Anniversary Re-Release Confirmed: 3CD Box Set

Post by Syd'sSexy »

FransT wrote: a special edition is planned for release via EMI Records on Tues 28th August in North America, and Monday September 3rd in Europe.
:shock: We're getting it in the States before Europe! Wow! I have marked my calendar. Thanks for the information FransT!
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

I thought that this might have had something interesting on it, but unfortunately it sounds as though it will have nothing new. What a pity.
Chris Moise
Knife
Knife

Post by Chris Moise »

I really hope that's not the complete tracklist of the 3rd disc. As I've mentioned earlier there is really only 3 items left over from the Piper session that exist. A version of Matilda Mother with vocals from the Floyd's first EMI session, an alternate instrumental take of Ch. 24 that reached the overdub stage, and the unique mono mix of Interstellar from the Arnold Layne EP. It would be a shame if all 3 aren't used..
Tenniru
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tenniru »

Well, the bonus tracks are... somewhat disappointing. Still better than nothing, though; I guess Dawn Of The Piper Rev. B is due now.

I wonder why they included the stereo Apples and Oranges but not the stereo Paintbox, though.

What could the "other activities" be, I wonder? More showing up at Syd tribute gigs? A live album? Roger doing something special at one of his gigs (any alteration to his robotic setlist would be excellent)?
corie
Judge!
Judge!

Post by corie »

Tenniru wrote:.

What could the "other activities" be, I wonder? More showing up at Syd tribute gigs? A live album? Roger doing something special at one of his gigs (any alteration to his robotic setlist would be excellent)?

That would be nice, but i bet we will just keep on guessing untill the press release
Meneer Jansen
Knife
Knife

Post by Meneer Jansen »

Wild guess: no mention of 'Scream thy last scream' or 'Vegetable man'?
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

Don't mention them. They only exist on bootleg, ****************************

EDITED BY ADMIN - You have received a warning for your post above. Do not flame others. Read the forum rules.
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

gosh I cant understand why someone would want to download Dawn of the Piper or What Syd Wants when they could buy an expensive reissue of an album they already have (three vinyl copies in my case)
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

Yeah, ditto I cannot understand why anybody would type (for example) "Pink Floyd The Wall Rapidshare" into google either.
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

Meneer Jansen wrote:Wild guess: no mention of 'Scream thy last scream' or 'Vegetable man'?
These songs are actually from A Saucerful Of Secrets sessions, so I guess we will have to wait till 2008 for another extortion in the form of A Saucerful Of Secrets 40th anniversary 3 CD pack with these two (that we all already have) and mono mixes (that no one needs). :twisted:
pffan1990

Post by pffan1990 »

It would be so nice if they include "It Would Be So Nice", no pun intended.
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

pffan1990 wrote:It would be so nice if they include "It Would Be So Nice", no pun intended.
The same goes for that one.

The only thing possible and appropriate to include beside the already mentioned material would be the original session of Remember A Day, if such a thing exists at all. :-k
wiped
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by wiped »

Looks like EMI have to make the $80million back that they gave to Robbie "Fat Dancer Out Of Take That" Williams.

Ironic then that I once remember seeing Williams wearing a Division Bell Tour T Shirt
Chris Moise
Knife
Knife

Post by Chris Moise »

pffan1990 wrote:It would be so nice if they include "It Would Be So Nice", no pun intended.
Why? It Would Be So Nice has nothing to do with Piper. It was recorded after Syd left the band. Also, we already have a great sounding version of that track on the Early Singles disc.
Chris Moise
Knife
Knife

Post by Chris Moise »

Hudini wrote:
The same goes for that one.

The only thing possible and appropriate to include beside the already mentioned material would be the original session of Remember A Day, if such a thing exists at all. :-k
What "original" Remember A Session?