Piper 40th Anniversary Re-Release Confirmed: 3CD Box Set

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: Piper 40th Anniversary Re-Release Confirmed: 3CD Box Set

Post by Hudini »

An earlier version of Remember A Day has been recorded during 'The Piper' sessions, but it has been cut out from the album. I don't know if this version exists anywhere now.
Chris Moise
Knife
Knife

Post by Chris Moise »

Hudini wrote:An earlier version of Remember A Day has been recorded during 'The Piper' sessions, but it has been cut out from the album. I don't know if this version exists anywhere now.
Not true. The only Remember a Day recording sessions were in October 1967 at De Lane Lea. The Relics liner notes are wrong. The only song recorded during the Piper sessions that wasn't used on the album is She Was A Millionaire. The Random Precision book covers this.
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

Andy Mabbett's book lists Remember A Day, She Was A Millionaire and Sunshine as out-takes from 'The Piper'.
Chris Moise
Knife
Knife

Post by Chris Moise »

Hudini wrote:Andy Mabbett's book lists Remember A Day, She Was A Millionaire and Sunshine as out-takes from 'The Piper'.
He's wrong. The best source by far for session info is Random Precision: Recording The Music of Syd Barrett 1965-1974. The author had access to the original EMI recording sheets, tape boxes, an other internal EMI documents and thus is your best source for accurate session info.

"Sunshine" is simply an edit piece that was recorded for Matilda Mother, it isn't a song. Right before the "for all the time spent in that room" you hear the band shout "sunshine"..

Remember A Day was recorded at the same batch of October '67 sessions that yeilded Jugband Blues, Vegetable Man and Beechwoods. The session comes from the tape boxes.
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

Chris Moise wrote:The best source by far for session info is Random Precision: Recording The Music of Syd Barrett 1965-1974. The author had access to the original EMI recording sheets, tape boxes, an other internal EMI documents and thus is your best source for accurate session info.
And is that author paying you to advertise him? :lol:
Chris Moise
Knife
Knife

Post by Chris Moise »

Hudini wrote:
Chris Moise wrote:The best source by far for session info is Random Precision: Recording The Music of Syd Barrett 1965-1974. The author had access to the original EMI recording sheets, tape boxes, an other internal EMI documents and thus is your best source for accurate session info.
And is that author paying you to advertise him? :lol:
Funny. My point is that book is only book that uses the tape boxes and recording sheets as a source. If questions such as "when was Remember a Day recorded" interest you you will find the answers in the book.
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

Suppose you are an advertising agent. My next question would be: 'Where can I buy that book and how much is it?' and then you would take a copy out of your briefcase and say: 'Priceless!' :lol:
vizor
Axe
Axe

Post by vizor »

:D I like Remember A Day because it shows Barrett's genuis guitar work. He doesn't sing on it, and the song was writtten and sung by Rick. I read somewhere that Syd had said to Rick, ' See, anyone can write a good song' , and I would think that it was to this song that Syd said it to Rick. :D I wish that the Pink Floyd would have played this song in thier recent public performances because it certainly is Gilmour's place to play Syd's part, and would do so to the believable point that the song was being recreated faithfully. So I look at Remember A Day as one last moment in which Syd was able to shine with true uninhibited brilliance. :D
Chris Moise
Knife
Knife

Post by Chris Moise »

Hudini wrote:Suppose you are an advertising agent. My next question would be: 'Where can I buy that book and how much is it?' and then you would take a copy out of your briefcase and say: 'Priceless!' :lol:
Here you go..

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Random-Precisio ... 936&sr=8-1
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

Jeez! I was only kidding, you know...

So how much are they paying you anyway? :lol:
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

w00t. I got a warning for my little rapidshare thing. Sorry Keef.
Chris Moise
Knife
Knife

Post by Chris Moise »

Hudini wrote:
Jeez! I was only kidding, you know...

So how much are they paying you anyway? :lol:
Did you not ask if any early versions of Remember A Day exist? I answered your question and showed you where the info comes from. I couldn't possibly care if you buy the book or not. I'm simply trying clear up some mis-information regarding the provenance of Remember A Day.
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

my breakfast. wrote:w00t. I got a warning for my little rapidshare thing. Sorry Keef.
But it was true! I do similar things all the time!
zag
Judge!
Judge!

Post by zag »

Chris Moise wrote: I'm simply trying clear up some mis-information regarding the provenance of Remember A Day.
Take a step back, Hudini. Chris has adviced us (well, David Parker actually :lol: ) many, many times during the years and I really do appreciate his patience for doing this over and over and over again.
So do yourself a favor, read that book (Random Precision) and get your facts in order.
Syd'sSexy
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Syd'sSexy »

Sense of humour please? Both Hudini and Chris were quoting different sources, but his "off-the-cuff" comments were in jest!