Las Vegas tommarow. Should I stay or go?

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
tea-set
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Las Vegas tommarow. Should I stay or go?

Post by tea-set »

I didn't enjoy the show because:

a- I felt no connection at all with the performance or the songs, when i saw Gilmour at the Albert hall it felt like he was singing the songs to me and only me, mainly because it was such a small venue but I felt fully conected to him and all the other musicians, I felt every beat and every note.

b- The arena was filled to the brim with over excited tw*ts, people who really have no clue about Floyd but have heard Wish You Were Here and Comfortably Numb and smoked some pot in college. It might make me sound a bit snobbish but I don't care. They seemed to loose interest when Final cut songs were played, the same happened with sheep (which was probably the highlight for me)

c-I got really bored by about half way through DSOTM and was just waiting to leave.

d- The whole point of the show, from the first second when Roger walked out, hands in the air, lapping up the applause to the moments he walked off stage seemed to be about feeding his oversized ego and nothing else. Yes he wrote some of the best songs of all time and i respect him greatly but i don't worship him and I think he thinks everyone in the world does or at least that they should! He doesnt seem to respect the songs he plays one bit.

I know people will argue with me about my opinions but please don't bother, i prefer Gilmour and that is that, lets not waste server space with childish crap
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

tea-set wrote:I know people will argue with me about my opinions but please don't bother, i prefer Gilmour and that is that, lets not waste server space with childish crap
Looks like you already have. :)
tea-set
Hammer
Hammer

Post by tea-set »

explain PI?
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

Re-read your post!
tea-set
Hammer
Hammer

Post by tea-set »

yeah, a couple of people asked me to explain the reasons why I didn't enjoy the show so I did exactly that.

Whats the problem with it?

or is this once again just a pointless posts adding to your post count
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

tea-set wrote:I know people will argue with me about my opinions but please don't bother, i prefer Gilmour and that is that, lets not waste server space with childish crap
One of the most blantant wastes of server space dedicated to childish crap that I've seen recently. Or at least it correlates perfectly to your definition of 'childish crap'.
tea-set
Hammer
Hammer

Post by tea-set »

in what way though?

come on, you should at least be mature enough to break down what I wrote and tell me what exactly was so childish about it
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

Your post is essentially a collection of anti-Waters sentiments, followed by a completely unrelated and pointless pro-Gilmour statement and then a request for people not to disagree. It's blatantly provocative.
Syd'sSexy
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Syd'sSexy »

Perhaps, Roger. The bottom line is however, that he has watched both Gilmour and Co. perform as well as Waters and Co. and had a more enjoyable experience at the former. I do believe he is entitled to that opinion. :)
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

No, he's not. That would be defying the laws of reality.
tea-set
Hammer
Hammer

Post by tea-set »

Syd'sSexy wrote:Perhaps, Roger. The bottom line is however, that he has watched both Gilmour and Co. perform as well as Waters and Co. and had a more enjoyable experience at the former. I do believe he is entitled to that opinion. :)
Thank you :D