I met Roger Waters tonight in Oakland.

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
Freddie Mercury
Hammer
Hammer

Re: I met Roger Waters tonight in Oakland.

Post by Freddie Mercury »

I LOVED hearing On The Run in surround like that! So intense and mesmerizing while watching the screen.

Do you think the guys asking Roger to sign Pulse were kidding possibly (hopefully)?! In any case it shows Roger again seems to be in a MUCH better mood lately...I'm not so sure what his reaction would have been a few years ago.
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

fatoldbob wrote:Jon Carin does a great job covering the slide and much of Gilmour's vocals as well as the heavy lifting on the keys. He is one extremely talented musician.
Don't forget Dave Kilmister does a lot of vocals, and Harry also plays both keys and guitar.
generalhooha
Blade
Blade
Location: Deep beneath the rolling waves, in labyrinths of coral caves.

Post by generalhooha »

Wow your lucky. I came close to watching the show from backstage at the Bowl. My dad is a stage hand and was able to get Waters to sign his (my dad's) backstage pass for me. Right after that a stage manager came up to him and told my dad that he could invite me to come see the show from backstage (I was at home at the moment).

I had already gone to the 2006 show and told my dad not to by tickets for the next one (I'm nice and wanted to save him some money because the shows are the same). Somehow he got the impression that I didn't want to see it twice (even if it was free). So I was at home all night, unaware of that, while my dad sat right behind Harry Waters for most of the show.

Well, at least I got an autograph :lol: .
narcissus
Axe
Axe

Post by narcissus »

generalhooha wrote:Wow your lucky. I came close to watching the show from backstage at the Bowl. My dad is a stage hand and was able to get Waters to sign his (my dad's) backstage pass for me. Right after that a stage manager came up to him and told my dad that he could invite me to come see the show from backstage (I was at home at the moment).

I had already gone to the 2006 show and told my dad not to by tickets for the next one (I'm nice and wanted to save him some money because the shows are the same). Somehow he got the impression that I didn't want to see it twice (even if it was free). So I was at home all night, unaware of that, while my dad sat right behind Harry Waters for most of the show.

Well, at least I got an autograph :lol: .
AHH!!! :shock: That sucks! I know it wasn't intentional, but if my father had done that to me, there would've been some repercussions!!
nemesis11f
Blade
Blade

Post by nemesis11f »

quick question: Where does Roger and Co. enter the typical venue for soundcheck, and about how early does he usually do this? If I could meet the man, I'd really get a kick out of that; invite him over for a beer or two afterwards, get him on a table with a lampshade.
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

I've seen them live twice, and both times they were doing soundchecks at about 5 P.M. (both shows started at 8 P.M.) I haven't seen any of these, but I heard them from outside the venues. They certainly have a back door somewhere where they come in, and chances are if you find out where their entrance is and hang there from about 4 P.M. onwards, you'd get the chance to see them.
nemesis11f
Blade
Blade

Post by nemesis11f »

delete
Last edited by nemesis11f on Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nemesis11f
Blade
Blade

Post by nemesis11f »

Last edited by nemesis11f on Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nemesis11f
Blade
Blade

Post by nemesis11f »

I missed him, I hung out at the backstage entrance but they got there at like 1 or something. The soundcheck started at three, so they must have gotten there at one, and I saw their vans parked near the backstage; I was crushed. It was a great show though, definitely the best from both this years and last years tour so far. They had an interesting set up with mobile cameras, and a digital recording desk, different and far separated from the soundboard and pulling from different sources than the board, and some parabolic microphones set up all over. The band also seemed to really be going all out (so was the audience, but thats another story) and trying to get everything perfect tonight, so I wouldn't be suprised if there was a CD out of this.
nemesis11f
Blade
Blade

Post by nemesis11f »

sorry about the triple post, but my internets acting up.