Right...Back To Square One, Anyone?

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
PooF
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Right...Back To Square One, Anyone?

Post by PooF »

Good stuff all round.
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

Great. I'm glad you gentlemen like it. It is indeed a wonderful thing for people to come together across the world and make something like this happen. It is indeed the miracle of the internet. A world of information and communication right there in your own house.
filthyfish wrote:My hand is getting better and yesterday this idiot fell 20ft off a cliff while climbing without a rope! managed to walk away with nothing more than a bruised heel!
Perhaps I really should have stayed at home, as the surgeon suggested for all 8 weeks of my recovery! :?
Na, I don't f**king think so! :lol:
Next time, do what your wife tells you, Big Nose, because now you see what happens if you don't. :lol:
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

I feel like I need to apologize for not finishing the music for Tanner's song yet. I have a lot of work to do so I don't really have time to finish it right now. Anyway, I will dedicate my first free afternoon completely to it. I want to get it done as soon as possible like anyone else.
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

Hudini wrote:I feel like I need to apologize for not finishing the music for Tanner's song yet. I have a lot of work to do so I don't really have time to finish it right now. Anyway, I will dedicate my first free afternoon completely to it. I want to get it done as soon as possible like anyone else.
Hey, just like you have told me, life happens. No need to apologize. There's plenty of time. I have already completed the acoustic guitar part for Alabama Sky. I'm getting ready to round up the posse (which is Dan) and get it cranked out. :lol:

I'll be changing it around just a bit, putting the bridge in sooner into the song, after the verse about listening to the banjo play in the distance. Then, the bridge will come in with, you guessed it, a banjo part.

So I'm thinking acoustic guitar, a little piano, a drum kit played with brushes jazz style, bass, a little cello, lead vocals and harmonies.

I was going to start working on Anjanine next but that is on hold until Massed Gadgets gets back to me with how he imagines his song being recorded, parts and all. I could start it now but I figure it would be wise to wait so nothing has to be redone or scrapped.

I plan on getting us pulled as far ahead on this as we can to allow for any incidentals that may come up.
cwta eugene
Hammer
Hammer

Post by cwta eugene »

Ha ha! I was just reading your reply, Geoff, when I thought "how cool would it be to put some Banjo into Alabama Sky" and, a few sentences down, I read that you were putting a banjo into the song!

Holy cow! Talk about long-distance mind reading! We must have some ESPN thing going on. Quick, tell me what number I'm thinking of between 23 and 25? :lol:

And Hudini- don't sweat it man. I'm just thrilled you're tackling it at ANY rate! 8)
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

cwta eugene wrote:Ha ha! I was just reading your reply, Geoff, when I thought "how cool would it be to put some Banjo into Alabama Sky" and, a few sentences down, I read that you were putting a banjo into the song!

Holy cow! Talk about long-distance mind reading! We must have some ESPN thing going on. Quick, tell me what number I'm thinking of between 23 and 25? :lol:

And Hudini- don't sweat it man. I'm just thrilled you're tackling it at ANY rate! 8)
Yeah, we've got both ESPN and PSP going on. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am knocking out the bass, piano and lead vocals tonight. I will then pass it on to Dan for backing vocals and whatever else he thinks would be a good idea. While he is doing that, I will do up the banjo and cello parts.

Should be another day or two, depending on how long it takes us to get our parts recorded and together. Shouldn't be very long at all.
filthyfish
Blade
Blade

Post by filthyfish »

afriad Ive not got started on Alabama Sky yet as I deep into an Orchestral Arrangement. which will probably keep me busy till the end of the week :?
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

That's cool, man. We have a little bit of spare time but not much. So I think that if you are able to shoot me something back by the beginning of next week we will still be on track.
filthyfish
Blade
Blade

Post by filthyfish »

bpmolder wrote:That's cool, man. We have a little bit of spare time but not much. So I think that if you are able to shoot me something back by the beginning of next week we will still be on track.
Indeed I can, I just about finished my Orchestral thing.. which you can hear without vocals http://www.pirateradiohead.co.uk/audio/wth.mp3
I think its turned out quite nice,
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

filthyfish wrote:
bpmolder wrote:That's cool, man. We have a little bit of spare time but not much. So I think that if you are able to shoot me something back by the beginning of next week we will still be on track.
Indeed I can, I just about finished my Orchestral thing.. which you can hear without vocals http://www.pirateradiohead.co.uk/audio/wth.mp3
This is really nice. Have you considered throwing a French Horn in when the oboe arpeggios hit during the choruses? Just a line that follows the root notes of the chords. That would rule!

I definitely would like to hear this with the vocals on it as well. It's the shit. The very style that I love to write in when doing my own stuff. Bravo!
filthyfish
Blade
Blade

Post by filthyfish »

bpmolder wrote:
filthyfish wrote: Indeed I can, I just about finished my Orchestral thing.. which you can hear without vocals http://www.pirateradiohead.co.uk/audio/wth.mp3
This is really nice. Have you considered throwing a French Horn in when the oboe arpeggios hit during the choruses? Just a line that follows the root notes of the chords. That would rule!

I definitely would like to hear this with the vocals on it as well. It's the shit. The very style that I love to write in when doing my own stuff. Bravo!
Its for a Girl to sing to at a wedding, I have no real intention of adding any vocals to it. I have some other ideas for it, but i need to add her vocal first as I cant mix it without it to the extent i'd like to.
When its finished I'll pop it up on here.
BTW I didn't write it Its a track called Waiting to Happen By Marillion, but I dont think they would have thought to have used this kind of arrangement :lol:
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

filthyfish wrote:
Its for a Girl to sing to at a wedding, I have no real intention of adding any vocals to it. I have some other ideas for it, but i need to add her vocal first as I cant mix it without it to the extent i'd like to.
When its finished I'll pop it up on here.
BTW I didn't write it Its a track called Waiting to Happen By Marillion, but I dont think they would have thought to have used this kind of arrangement :lol:
I see, said Stevie Wonder. :lol: Very nice arrangement though, nonetheless. In any case, I would love to hear the finished product.
filthyfish
Blade
Blade

Post by filthyfish »

Ok i have finished my last piece, which I think is really quite fine and hope to get on to my next Task, sorry that I haven't got as far as I'd hoped but when theres money involved I have to fill my pockets first.
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

filthyfish wrote:Ok i have finished my last piece, which I think is really quite fine and hope to get on to my next Task, sorry that I haven't got as far as I'd hoped but when theres money involved I have to fill my pockets first.
No worries. I'm wrapping up my parts of Alabama Sky and beginning quite an inspired acoustic guitar part for Mortality, so it's all good. We will still most probably be looking at both being done by the end of the week anyway and the first volume will be ready for final mixing and mastering. No sweat at all. :smt023
filthyfish
Blade
Blade

Post by filthyfish »

ah yes indeed I forgot, heres my finished article, http://www.pirateradiohead.co.uk/mp3/wth8a.mp3 which is nearly the best thing I think I have ever done.. turn it up I'll get some vocals on in a while...