Right...Back To Square One, Anyone?

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
Lord!!
Lord!!

Re: Right...Back To Square One, Anyone?

Post by 2066 »

Well done.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

What a laconic conversation :lol: .
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by 2066 »

Well...somebody has to be laconic around here. :D Been brushing up on tour "big" words, eh? Try using laconic in your next piece.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

I think you mistook me for someone else, my posts are rarely long :) .
cwta eugene
Hammer
Hammer

Post by cwta eugene »

Moom,I like the line "Nobody calls me since the judgement days..." very nice! So is this going under the "fake Final Cut" period of songs?

Sorry I haven't listened to your composition yet, filthyfish, but hopefully I can download it at work today. (I only have dial-up at home). :(

So...Should we set a deadline on this project? That's how the Hoover Dam was built, they set a deadline! :lol: That's how Americans landed a man on the moon, JFK set a deadline! :lol:
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

Yes, it indeed is TFC-tish, since I love that album and am trying to write in the same key at the moment :) .

That line refers to the days when everybody that used to call me - i.e. friends - died in a war. "The days of judgement" :) .
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

I'm not setting a deadline yet for two reasons:

1. Double Core still hasn't gotten it's proper attention yet and I need to get on that.

2. This project is still very much in what is called "Pre-production." We COULD set a deadline, but I'd much rather see how things start developing without the restriction of a deadline.

Once Double Core's promo is finished, I may set a deadline for submissions on this project...but I really don't see that happening for awhile, yet.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Bumping this topic back up to see how everyone's coming along on their stuff.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

I'll be ready quite soon, I hope 8)
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

I am currently (and very slowly too) working on a set of lyrics where a wall has a great role (not really in a Floyd manner, but still), so if it ends up satisfactory I'll post it here when it's done.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

Yesterday and today I wrote three lyrics.

One - almost exactly to the tune of Van Der Graaf Generator's "Man-Erg" (which's live version is in my CD-player at the moment, playing - the middle part, my most fav one :D ) :

Just a man

1. The suitcase on the left there,
It's empty - I am staying.
My will has not been written,
I will speak it, -
I decide.

Ch.: I'm just a man
With own heart to live, mind and soul
Packed in a meaty bag of bones,
And aging
ev'ry day,
But yet the
spirit's going on.

2. An angel lives behind me,
I'm sure that so do twisted folks.
But they must get inside me
To corrupt me
To the end.

Ch.: I'm just a man,
I'm free to live my life, I'm free
To be just my own boss, I'm free
To care for us,
that's you and me
Inside
my big coloured world.

improv.

3. Shall my name go down in history?
You know, it would be nice :) .
I'd like to be remembered
As a man
Who could see things

Ch.: Cause deep inside
There is a soul that has survived
All that you'de never wish damned guys,
Declined insane
for sanity,
To carry on
while the spirit lives.
-------------------------
I can't quite put my finger on where I put the lyrics in Estonian that I wrote yesterday . Well, it's a possible song for that TV show's finals I'd passed into, and the lyrics are about ... well, just a love-song, but very good one. It also includes the line that translates as "... and I don't care if anyone here thinks if I'm ugly or not, cause I've got you", - a reply to some folks that called me ugly and my performance tasteless
-------------------------------------------------

Today I've wrote a song about a goth-girl that suffers from being from high-society, loked in a golden cage.

High-society gothess (goddess~gothess ;) )

verses are ~ exactly to the tune verses of "Starlight" by Muse, choruses are to the tune of some modern song.

1.No time,
No time for freedom, there is no time
To be herself and, maybe, go out.
Yes, she's better off alone.

2.But no time,
for daddy she has to be outlined
So that his friends won't make him feel ashamed,
And when she's happy she's alone.

bridge: The only real thing she got -
The fateful faith in goth.

Ch.1: She's stuck iside the cage,
turns her into a phage.
She needs to loose her rage.

Ch.2: She feels so insecure,
Martini drinks the pills,
She's sure The Cure will cure.

3. Must be like
In prison right behind the fence, and Mike,
Her only boyfriend is out there, divided.
She can only guess one thing -
4. What's it like
To live for real in a real time;
Is it that dark on the Moon's dark side?
She is so jaded, daddy.

bridge:

Ch.1:

Ch.2:

If you'd like to express your opinion, or don't understand a line or two, - I'm here for you :D
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

I would like to get in on this project and have read through the thread to see what's going on, but I still see a bit of indecision. Here are my questions. I will number them to facilitate mossification:

1. What is the concept we are working with? Are we going with the fictitious Floyd-esque band throughout the years?

2. How close are we staying to the Pink Floyd sound here? I ask because I find too close of an imitation to be in vain, as it lacks creativity.

3. Would variations on the sounds be acceptable in an attempt to give a piece of music new depth, while still sticking to a Floyd-like sound? For example, adding something like a Mellotron would be a good way to keep the late 60's sound while not sounding too much like the Floyd.

4. I am mainly a melody writer. I am not so good with lyrics, although I am working hard to hone that skill. Would anyone who is good with lyrics but not so much with melodies be willing to get together and pool talents?

I can come up with tons of stuff to get this going, but I would like to be sure about the direction so my contributions will be as valuable and relevant as possible.

I am constantly writing and recording, so it won't be a problem to start getting some demos going. I just need to know where we are at, and if we still haven't pinpointed it, I would like to help nail the theme down first, kinda get this thing organized.
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

I would contribute to this, but my music will definitely ruin the flow, as it will inevitably contain fuzzed up guitars with lots of phasing and a digital drum machine.

Damn.
Syd'sSexy
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Syd'sSexy »

bpmolder wrote: I will number them to facilitate mossification:
:smt043 :smt043 :smt043

Roger, that's nonsense! There is absolutely no reason you shouldn't contribute a track to the project! Your demo (or whatever it was) that I listened to last week was pretty darn good.
FloydCouncil
Hammer
Hammer

Post by FloydCouncil »

bpmolder wrote: 2. How close are we staying to the Pink Floyd sound here? I ask because I find too close of an imitation to be in vain, as it lacks creativity.
4. I am mainly a melody writer. I am not so good with lyrics, although I am working hard to hone that skill. Would anyone who is good with lyrics but not so much with melodies be willing to get together and pool talents?
[/quote]

2. You should really check out Double Core(along with the artwork 8) 8) ), I think it will give you a some idea.

4. You can be Gilmour. :lol: