Right...Back To Square One, Anyone?

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
cwta eugene
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Right...Back To Square One, Anyone?

Post by cwta eugene »

You made a funny, but true, observation a while back when we were debating American vs. British Rock about how half the time you don't know what Thom Yorke is whining on and on about.

I hear yea, and Thom to, although I only understand you. :lol:

"Kharma Police" is also off OK Computer. That and "Fake Plastic Trees" rank in my top ten of ANY band.
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

I just wanted to let you all know that things have been a bit slow here lately. I am still mastering whenever I can and am prepping the next track. Unexpected stuff has come up, unfortunately, that is causing me to have to break my back doing a bunch of ridiculously unnecessary stuff.

My woman, who has lived with me for about 2 years now, just got a written notice from her father out of the clear blue sky telling her to remove the rest of her stuff from his house, in her old bedroom, by the end of this month, or he will notify the county court. Crazy old man to make a long story short.

She has had an injured tendon in her hand for about the past month and can't use the hand at all. Naturally, he had no idea of this before sending her the threatening letter. After she tried to call him and let him know she only has one hand right now, he just said, "Oh never mind then." But she is adamant. Very principled as I am. So I am going back and forth between her father's house and here with as much stuff as I can load into the car before we take the moving van down at the end of the month. In the process, I am completely rearranging our house by myself to make way for her stuff, which amounts to more than what is already here. Whatever can possibly go to storage is.

So for the next few weeks, I will be working my balls off, moving the bulk of our collective belongings around by myself, leaving the heavy stuff for when her brothers help load the van at the end of the month. I will be doing this during the day and working on music at night, in addition to getting her to her physical therapy when she needs me to.

I still expect to have the mastering done on schedule. which is by the end of next week, and will have 2 more tracks posted by then.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

mosespa wrote:I rather like The Bends...but it's an album that I really don't know the individual track names of. It's one of those albums that I just throw on and let it play out.

I've heard good things about OK Computer...but I think I've only heard Paranoid Android off of it.
I, too, think The Bends, along with Hail To The Thief and Pablo Honey, is their best.
OK is pretty awesome actually, but... sometimes not as fun. And, personally, Fitter Happier is the best off it and sounds like Nobody Home.

Geoff... such a sad story about your woman and her folk... :( yes, work hard, it'll help you relive.
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

I've just about got the mastering done. I have made a few more passes and will be posting the finished tracks within the next day or two. Things are still hectic here and will continue to be for the next couple of weeks. It won't be long before the first volume is finished though. Stay tuned!
filthyfish
Blade
Blade

Post by filthyfish »

Good news, seems like momentum is slowing, what is the plan for generation interest once its done? and what is the plan with it when it is done? It would be nice to think people will listen to it.
Duckboy
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Duckboy »

has the site been updated recently?
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

Just a quick update. With moving and my internet connection developing some problems this week, I am unable to post the finished product of the Charybdis album volume 1. As soon as I get these things worked out I will post it and make it available for all to download.
Duckboy
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Duckboy »

awesome
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

Hello everyone! Just dropping to say hello and leave you the music file for Tanner's hitch hiker song. In case anyone's forgotten what song that was, here it is:

I become a small speck in a rear view mirror
As another car passes me by-
And I hang my head and count my footsteps
As the tears well up in my eyes-

My legs, they hurt from all the walking
And my thumb has done its part-
But the thing that aches the most for me
Is my poor, poor broken heart-

I've given away my guitars, mom
And shelved the record deals-
And all I need is peace and quiet
And perhaps a home cooked meal?

I left the popstar in London
I've said goodbye to him-
And now I'm headed south to Cambridge-
Back to where I lived as a kid-

And as I look ahead at the overpass
I see the sun is sinking low-
And though that sun may soon retire-
I still have far to go-

And though these hands once held the world
They now just hold a sack-
Full of dissapointed dreams
Now flung upon my back-

I gave away my guitars, mom
And shelved the record deals-
And all I need is a soft, clean bed
And perhaps a home cooked meal?

I left the popstar back in London
I said goodbye to him-
And now I'm headed south to Cambridge
Where I lived once as a kid-

And though my old band may make a million
As across the world they roam-
All I'll be needing,
Is some painting and some weeding,
And a place I can call home-

Cheers everyone. That's all from me for now.

Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

bpmolder wrote:Just a quick update. With moving and my internet connection developing some problems this week, I am unable to post the finished product of the Charybdis album volume 1. As soon as I get these things worked out I will post it and make it available for all to download.
And I promise I'll get the booklet sorted out as soon as possible.

Sorry for the double post.
cwta eugene
Hammer
Hammer

Post by cwta eugene »

Hudini, that's great! I can't wait to hear it with the words. The smilies aren't working for me, but just envision ten dancing bananas!!
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

cwta eugene wrote:Hudini, that's great! I can't wait to hear it with the words. The smilies aren't working for me, but just envision ten dancing bananas!!
<ii> <ii> <ii> <ii> <ii> <ii> <ii> <ii> <ii> <ii>
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

cwta eugene wrote:Hudini, that's great! I can't wait to hear it with the words. The smilies aren't working for me, but just envision ten dancing bananas!!
I'm glad you like it, after all it's your song! :D

I can't wait to hear it with vocals and solo too!
cwta eugene
Hammer
Hammer

Post by cwta eugene »

Thanks Moom!
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

cwta eugene wrote:Thanks Moom!
I'm a dancing banana 8)