Who is Roger referring to at the end of WYWH?

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
sydsfloyd
Embryo
Embryo
Location: All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be

Re: Who is Roger referring to at the end of WYWH?

Post by sydsfloyd »

I was at a funeral a few weeks ago , a friend had lost his young son and during his eulogy he paused and played "Wish you were here", he was playing this song for his son, his grief while it was playing was so heart rending everyone in the church broke down and sobbed for him.

I suppose the point i am making is that this beautiful song realy doesnt need to be explained ,it means so much to everyone.

And as the coffin was carried out crazy diamond was playin in the background, i thought my heart was goin to burst.!!!!
lostplay
Judge!
Judge!

Post by lostplay »

bassplayerforpulse wrote:At the end of WYWH on In The Flesh, Roger says " How I ( or we) wish they were here." Anyone know who he is referring to?
syd
his daddy
himself
and maybe all the brave young men who died in senceless wars

yet i feel that it was all syd
only after some time had passed did its meaning change

no other word except for [[ they ]] would have fit in that line
so maybe roger took some poetic licence here
lostplay
Judge!
Judge!

Post by lostplay »

sydsfloyd wrote:I was at a funeral a few weeks ago , a friend had lost his young son and during his eulogy he paused and played "Wish you were here", he was playing this song for his son, his grief while it was playing was so heart rending everyone in the church broke down and sobbed for him.

I suppose the point i am making is that this beautiful song realy doesnt need to be explained ,it means so much to everyone.

And as the coffin was carried out crazy diamond was playin in the background, i thought my heart was goin to burst.!!!!
wow
very heavy indeed
thank you for sharing that
garygreen
Judge!
Judge!

Post by garygreen »

You can stop now, if you want :lol:
AtomHeartMomma
Knife
Knife

Post by AtomHeartMomma »

bassplayerforpulse wrote:
mosespa wrote:I think he's referring to anyone who happened to flash through your mind while the song was being played.

Whoever you were missing in that moment, Roger was speaking for you and pretty much said so with "how we wish they were here."
Excellent point.
I agree.
Duckboy
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Duckboy »

i think he was talking about me, he wishes i wsa there so he could give me huge sums of cash and then we would release an album together and t would be mediocre at best but i would still be happy because he didnt make me eat any brocolli
Annoying Twit
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Annoying Twit »

bassplayerforpulse wrote:
Cowards wrote:Messrs. Gilmour, Wright and Mason.
Yes, I've suspected this too. Even though there has been a big battle among them, he still feels a brotherhood with them.
I agree with Mosespa's analysis. But I'm sure Roger would like the have Gilmour, Wright, and Mason around. As long as Rog was in full creative control and G/W/M were happy with that.