Why Doesn't it Matter if Roger Lip Synced?

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: Why Doesn't it Matter if Roger Lip Synced?

Post by PublicImage »

my breakfast. wrote:Does it not annoy people that musicians use MIDI interfaces instead of real orchestras for live shows?
I'd just like to say that MIDI is the best thing that has happened to music since sliced bread. If it's used properly.
ESLAFTK2112

Post by ESLAFTK2112 »

my breakfast. wrote:
ESLAFTK2112 wrote:Sound effects tapes are one thing, I can tolerate things like pre-recorded sound effects, pre-recorded music sans the vocal track (Queen, Rush, Styx and Genesis had done it) but LIP SYNCHING a pre-recorded vocal track is a WHOLE OTHER STORY.
This is very much your (triple posting troll) opinion, and you haven't justified it in any of your three posts. But... you do have ANOTHER crack at Britney Spears where it isn't necessary.

My Breakfast, I am trying not to get all bent out of shape like I would have done moons ago but I am entitled to my own opinion and I respect your opinion. I know you and Mosespa (and some other members) do not like me anymore and I understand that. I know I burned many bridges with several forum members over my erratic posts (some I did as a joke though some don't see my warped/demented humor). I realize that I am not on the forum for a popularity contest anymore like I used to be (which I admit was wrong). I am here to share opinions, post things Floydian and so on.

Vocal tracks are a different story as opposed to using instrumental and/or sound effects tracks. If a person is a singer/performer sings and is required to sing live when they tour, THEN SING LIVE and don't pull the wool over the eyes and play a taped vocal track from a multi-track over the PA and don't fool the crowd. Anyhow, I stand by my opinion that Roger has resorted now to LIP SYNCHING ala Ashlee, Britney, Madonna and Beyonce and so on! I wish I had a better ability to compound my opinion in ONE post but that is life.
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

You still haven't got past the whole "cos madonna etc does it" argument to justify your opinion that Roger Waters shouldn't be lipsynching. I might be the only forum member here who doesn't work on your wavelengh, or atleast for the time being we can pretend its that way. Explain to me clearly where the fault in Roger Waters lipsynching lies.
garygreen
Judge!
Judge!

Post by garygreen »

I suppose there wouldn't be anything wrong if DG started playing 'air solos' either..
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

garygreen wrote:I suppose there wouldn't be anything wrong if DG started playing 'air solos' either..
He used EMG pickups didn't he? They play themselves!
garygreen
Judge!
Judge!

Post by garygreen »

So why bother having having him on stage? We could have a 'canned ' audience as well.
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

garygreen wrote:I suppose there wouldn't be anything wrong if DG started playing 'air solos' either..
The fact that he still plays those same solos that we wrote 30 years ago is wrong. If they were more interesting, it would be okay, but he really needs a new trick.
garygreen
Judge!
Judge!

Post by garygreen »

Surprisingly, I agree :shock:
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

Yay!

It's a good style, but it's suffering from overkill. He should try out some thrash metal, really.
garygreen
Judge!
Judge!

Post by garygreen »

Now THAT I would like to see :lol: :lol:
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

PublicImage wrote:Yay!

It's a good style, but it's suffering from overkill. He should try out some thrash metal, really.
According to Karl Dallas, Gilmour is one of the finest heavy metal guitarists, anyway.

It's not that much further to the land of Thrash...maybe Davey-boy SHOULD give speed picking a try.
ESLAFTK2112

Post by ESLAFTK2112 »

my breakfast. wrote:You still haven't got past the whole "cos madonna etc does it" argument to justify your opinion that Roger Waters shouldn't be lipsynching. I might be the only forum member here who doesn't work on your wavelengh, or atleast for the time being we can pretend its that way. Explain to me clearly where the fault in Roger Waters lipsynching lies.
Madonna is, to steal the name of one of the greatest bands in rock history, a SUPERTRAMP! Don't mean to steal the name of Roger Hodgson and Rick Davies' baby to degrade a pop tart but I can't stand to see any person LIP SYNCH at a LIVE SHOW, it makes me sick. I was at the show in West Palm Beach this past May and I compared what I heard with the Cork VOIO from 2006 and Roger's voice sounded identical on "HAC", "TFMH", "Sheep" and "Time" every blooming time and also referenced Rio 2006 as well (he should have either sung the songs in a lower octave or changed the key to suit his voice now). I didn't realize my hearing was that great (turns out those who have Autism Spectrum Disorders have slightly better hearing than the average Joe, no disrespecting you) but my ears don't deceive me.

I like Waters for music first but could care less about lyrics. Then again, I am the same guy who preferred Dio and Ian Gillan in Black Sabbath than Ozzy a/k/a Ozzy the Apeman.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

You are also, apparently, the same guy who doesn't realize that he's already apologized to Roger Hodgson and Rick Davies for using the name of their band to describe Madonna verbatim in two different posts. :lol: :lol:
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

ESLAFTK2112 wrote:
my breakfast. wrote:You still haven't got past the whole "cos madonna etc does it" argument to justify your opinion that Roger Waters shouldn't be lipsynching. I might be the only forum member here who doesn't work on your wavelengh, or atleast for the time being we can pretend its that way. Explain to me clearly where the fault in Roger Waters lipsynching lies.
Madonna is, to steal the name of one of the greatest bands in rock history, a SUPERTRAMP! Don't mean to steal the name of Roger Hodgson and Rick Davies' baby to degrade a pop tart but I can't stand to see any person LIP SYNCH at a LIVE SHOW, it makes me sick. I was at the show in West Palm Beach this past May and I compared what I heard with the Cork VOIO from 2006 and Roger's voice sounded identical on "HAC", "TFMH", "Sheep" and "Time" every blooming time and also referenced Rio 2006 as well (he should have either sung the songs in a lower octave or changed the key to suit his voice now). I didn't realize my hearing was that great (turns out those who have Autism Spectrum Disorders have slightly better hearing than the average Joe, no disrespecting you) but my ears don't deceive me.

I like Waters for music first but could care less about lyrics. Then again, I am the same guy who preferred Dio and Ian Gillan in Black Sabbath than Ozzy a/k/a Ozzy the Apeman.

For christ's sake you still haven't answered my fucking question.
PooF
Hammer
Hammer

Post by PooF »

my breakfast. wrote:For christ's sake you still haven't answered my fucking question.
ESLAFTK2112 posts are vectors; they have more than magnitude, they also have direction - in that they may be off the radar. Relax.

(Sorry, ESLAFTK2112, a poor joke at your expense)