Flaming Lips

Talk about any music other than Pink Floyd/Solo Stuff
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Flaming Lips

Post by drafsack »

moom wrote:
drafsack wrote:They are totally amazing both on record and Live - which 2 albums have you got??
the 1st 3 :) I have also dwnldd most of the rest, but haven't had time to listen yet.

here it is, oh my god and telepathic surgery
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by 2066 »

drafsack wrote:With regards to the Flaming lips a good place to start is "The Soft Bulletin"
I've probably played that album more than any other album from the 90's. It's really inspired; musically and lyrically.
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

I have listened to Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots a few times and do not like them at all. Oh well.

And I hate their cover of Bohemian Rhapsody!
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Debut album is actually "Hear it is", like... Hear, it is The Flaming Lips :D Good idea for an album name, just as the second title is ;)

I'm discovering more and more and love 'em more and more :D

Bohemian Rhapsody and generally Queen are hard to cover as they are unique, very unique. Still, give those early albums a try, Roger ;)
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

If you like the early stuff get hold of 'finally the punks are taking acid' and 'the day they shot the hole in the jesus egg' they contain the first couple of albums and bonus tracks
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

I usually get torrents beside HTTP downloads, so I hope I'll find this one as well, thanks for the advice :)
Do you think their latest albums are worth :) ?
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

Here, the Lips with Hogtown's very own Peaches covering Black Sabbath's War Pigs :shock:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=s0O0apxdQAg
Hogtown
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Hogtown »

And so the long awaited Christmas on Mars album is released! http://www.flaminglips.com/christmassplash/ \:D/
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

nosaj wrote:Here, the Lips with Hogtown's very own Peaches covering Black Sabbath's War Pigs :shock:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=s0O0apxdQAg
Oh my :shock: :lol: :D 8)

1:15!

Thanks for your Xmas gift to me, Jason :lol:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=aTBwGk3OR ... re=related
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

Hogtown wrote:And so the long awaited Christmas on Mars album is released! http://www.flaminglips.com/christmassplash/ \:D/
Yeh just picked up the special edition with a cd, T shirt a bag of popcorn and some stickers
Hogtown
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Hogtown »

Merry Christmas drafsack. I want to get that just for the popcorn!
Idisaffect
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Idisaffect »

I talked to my friend in the Lips last night. Don't worry if you have no idea what the new film is all about. Noone does. Including Wayne.(?) It's avant garde. People who are in it have no idea what it's about. It's open to interpretation. I'm waiting for my copy. I might not make it through the video but I'll eat the popcorn.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

You're friends with the band :D ? Well, that might mean you'll get yer copy for free :D
cwta eugene
Hammer
Hammer

Post by cwta eugene »

Suprisingly, I found the movie pretty coherent. Alot more than I expected from watching the trailers and stuff!

On a side note, back in February I accompanied my friend on a business trip through Arkansas, Texas, and Oklahoma since I used to live in Oklahoma and Texas. He visits universitys in an attempt to recruit for study abroad programs. Anyway, he was at the college of Oklahoma City and I had to kill two hours so I went and took a photo of me standing in front of Wayne's house, which I knew was about a 1/2 mile away:

Idisaffect
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Idisaffect »

That's pretty funny. Is that really Waynes house? Do you mind if I send that pic to my friend?

So...what would you say the movie is all about? Im still waiting for my copy. They told me that they had no idea what it was about.