This is where you can download Double Core

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Re: This is where you can download Double Core

Post by moom »

Keith Jordan wrote:I will add them to the NPF server over the weekend so there will be a permanent link from the magazine section of the site.
*with "Ed, Edd 'n' Eddy" Johnny's voice and toe* "Right on :D !!! "
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

FloydCouncil wrote:I'd love your comments on the artwork, Bran! Especially because I know you're a photographer. :D
Imho, the art very much reflects the mood of the album. And that is very important that art is linked with the music.
Some brilliant pictures you've done for that. I aspecially like those out-of-focus ones. Cover is very good. My favorites are photos of peoples/children...or more like their shadows.
Good work! :D
I'm proud of you my son! :lol:
Annoying Twit
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Annoying Twit »

I have downloaded, and am enjoying, Double Core. And from this NG, it seems that there is a second project almost finished.
CDWheeler
Axe
Axe

Post by CDWheeler »

Just to let people know it seems likely that I will have to stop hosting the Double Core files at http://www.the-clock.co.uk/NPFDC as my hosts have somehow come to the decision that it is illegal for me to host these files. I am in conversation with them at the moment and will let you know the outcome but I thought I should let people know.

Edit: I have just had the word from my hosts that the files have to be removed as they have decided that they are not legal to be hosted. I apologise for this and hope that somewhere else can be found to host these files.
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Massed Gadgets »

I wonder why on Earth they think that they are not legal? :-k
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by 2066 »

Yeah. I don't get it. Are there gremlins ifrom the Kremlin?
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

They must be gun shy over the whole MP3 piracy thing and not wanting to take any chances. A lot of people who offer server space are starting to put it into their agreements that no MP3s of any sort are to be hosted, even if they are yours. They don't want to take any chances on any types of disputes so they figure they will just nip it in the bud by not allowing any MP3s of any kind. It's just the CYOA philosophy.....cover your own ass.
cwta eugene
Hammer
Hammer

Post by cwta eugene »

Whatever happens, thanks cdwheeler for everything!
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Massed Gadgets »

bpmolder wrote:They must be gun shy over the whole MP3 piracy thing and not wanting to take any chances. A lot of people who offer server space are starting to put it into their agreements that no MP3s of any sort are to be hosted, even if they are yours. They don't want to take any chances on any types of disputes so they figure they will just nip it in the bud by not allowing any MP3s of any kind. It's just the CYOA philosophy.....cover your own ass.
Hmm, that is too bad. Maybe it's what the major labels had in mind all along though, get everyone so whipped up into such a hysterical frenzy that they might be sued, that it ultimately stomps out any venue for independent artists to promote their works, thus effectively wiping out the competition.
CDWheeler
Axe
Axe

Post by CDWheeler »

I have managed to find a new host that will allow me to put the files up as long as they are behind a registration system to prevent people from hotlinking the files themselves. They are available at the same link http://www.the-clock.co.uk/NPFDC but there is now a free registration process to get to the files. The information required will be your name, email address and your chosen username and password. These details will never be passed on to anybody else.

I am in the process of uploading the files again now so hopefully it will all be working again in the next few days.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Thanks, CD 8)
Working hard, as usual.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Yes...thank you, CD.

You're the man, dude. :D
henno

Post by henno »

mosespa wrote:Is there any sort of expiration on that link? The reason that I ask is that I've notified a member of the local media about the project.

We could be getting some (admittedly local,) press time on this project.

I'll keep everyone posted.

good stuff mossey... keep us posted !!! :)
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

Is CD still in the process :) ?
CDWheeler
Axe
Axe

Post by CDWheeler »

The files were all uploaded. Then they mysteriously disappeared from my hosting account and having sent many emails to the hosting company they then said that they hadn't removed the files and that obviously someone had got hold of my login details and had deleted the files. This seemed unlikely but still I changed the login details and uploaded the files again. The next day they once again had been removed this time with a message informing me of a maximum file size of 1000KB. I am awaiting a final response from the hosts regarding whether they will keep their word that I can host these files and I will let you know the reply when I receive it.

I seem to make bad choices when choosing web hosting packages.