Live cd from Gdansk

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
Flying pig437
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Live cd from Gdansk

Post by Flying pig437 »

You know at the start where everyone's chanting 'DAvid David David' if they'd been chanting 'Dave Dave Dave' do you think he'd have come out and gone 'David, please.' :lol:
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

So? Almost 3 years to the day since the Live in Gdańsk CDs/DVDs were released, does anyone ever listen to them? Does anyone ever listen to anything off it apart from the Pink Floyd songs?
Flying pig437
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Flying pig437 »

snifferdog wrote:So? Almost 3 years to the day since the Live in Gdańsk CDs/DVDs were released, does anyone ever listen to them? Does anyone ever listen to anything off it apart from the Pink Floyd songs?
Yeah. It's nice to put on every now and again. I've got a massive playlist with 27 songs on it. I installed them from a c.d I got from the library for 90p too so good vfm.
progo
Axe
Axe

Post by progo »

snifferdog wrote:So? Almost 3 years to the day since the Live in Gdańsk CDs/DVDs were released, does anyone ever listen to them? Does anyone ever listen to anything off it apart from the Pink Floyd songs?
Yeah?! The setlist is a classic one. I prefer the live OAI to the studio album. Echoes rocks and C-Numb is the definite one. What's there not to like? \:D/
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

I used to put it on occasionally back at the old job. There were just three of us in office, and one of the guys also liked Pink Floyd while the other was pretty indifferent to music at all, so we listened to David Gilmour from time to time. I think I already stated that I like to listen to Gilmour's works while working because it doesn't distract me. Now, there are six people beside me here in the new office, (most of which are mid-aged women) and we listen to the radio. I'd actually listen to "Live In Gdansk" if I had my way... But not at home.
everton1690
Knife
Knife

Post by everton1690 »

seriousley i saw it live and ive got the 3 disc /2 dvd box set

and the on a island guitar solo IMO is the best guitar solo hes ever written

better than CN, OTTA, DOGS, TIME blah blah blah
Beowulf
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Beowulf »

Yes, from time to time. But I was never much of a fan of 'On An Island' so often skip those tracks ...
grelch
Knife
Knife

Post by grelch »

I don't actively seek it out, but I listen to any of the songs when they pop up on random. TBF, that can be said of most of my music if it's not something I've recently purchased. Occasionally I will put something I've had in the library for a while on when the mood strikes, but mostly I try to listen to stuff that is new to me.
Beowulf
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Beowulf »

grelch wrote:I don't actively seek it out, but I listen to any of the songs when they pop up on random. TBF, that can be said of most of my music if it's not something I've recently purchased. Occasionally I will put something I've had in the library for a while on when the mood strikes, but mostly I try to listen to stuff that is new to me.
Yeah; I get that ... I have a similar perspective
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

I don't think i've even opened it yet
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

I pop the DVD on every now and then and the set gets a play on my iPhone sometimes too.
wiped
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by wiped »

Brought it with me in the car the other day ... listened to High Hopes, Echoes and Great Day For Freedom then ejected it and put on the new Mastodon album ...
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

Makes me think of this story which I so wish was true
An Australian man was driving down the freeway when he noticed the woman in the car beside him waving. When they pulled up at the lights he wound down the window.

"I've just bought the new Coldplay album", she said. "Do you want it? It's crap!"

The man said yes, and she chucked the CD through the open car window. At that point he realised it was Muriel's Wedding star Toni Collette.