Roger Waters 2008 Concert Dates

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.

Would You Like To Watch A Roger Waters Concert in 2008?

Yes
86%
No
8%
Indifferent
7%

Total votes: 91

alma
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Roger Waters 2008 Concert Dates

Post by alma »

Freddie Mercury wrote:It was actually the cheapest concert I've been to in a long time
Ooops, whose concerts do you usually attend? Or other question: how much did he chrage? The ticket for the April 07 concert in Cologne was actually the most expensive one I've ever bought. It was 160 dollars (at current exchange rate), which I think is a lot of money. But he was worth it. Usually I go to the small clubs and venues here in town -we've got a lot of them- and see those bands who don't charge that much money. And these concerts are often brilliant.
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

When I saw him in Budapest this April the ticket I bought was 70 Euro, and that was about an average price.
Freddie Mercury
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Freddie Mercury »

alma wrote:
Freddie Mercury wrote:It was actually the cheapest concert I've been to in a long time
Ooops, whose concerts do you usually attend? Or other question: how much did he chrage? The ticket for the April 07 concert in Cologne was actually the most expensive one I've ever bought. It was 160 dollars (at current exchange rate), which I think is a lot of money. But he was worth it. Usually I go to the small clubs and venues here in town -we've got a lot of them- and see those bands who don't charge that much money. And these concerts are often brilliant.
I think both shows I went to at the Hollywood Bowl ended up at around $55 even after all the Ticketmaster fees...not bad for seeing all of Dark Side Of The Moon performed by Roger Waters :) The Pet Shop Boys show was over $80...I'm talking major artists' ticket prices though instead of indie bands of course...and I've heard it wasn't as cheap in other countries....
Neil1567/2
Blade
Blade

Post by Neil1567/2 »

According to Dave Kilminster in the Fleeting Glimpse web chat on Wednesday, there WILL be more than two shows in 2008-he just wasn't allowed to say when or where.I think we could have guessed this.What was a little disappointing was that he answered my question about whether they were planning to do Welcome To The Machine at these shows in the negative.I think its highly unlikely we're gonna get anything different than the well-drilled '06 and '07 shows.Dave said that the rehearsals prior to the very first leg were only a week long-I suspect they may all have even less time this year-thus I think its unlikely we'll get Kaos or something as the first set.Someone mentined a rumoured UK date this year-any further news or conjecture about this? I'm hoping for another outdoor show 'cos I can't justify seeing the exact same show indoors again this year and although I was at Hyde park at least that was a while ago.Assuming Hyde park and Glastonbury(or any other festivals-except perhaps Cropredy) are out what does this leave us with? Old Trafford CCC for Move or something? Victoria Park? Horseguard's Parade? Any unfounded rumours welcome!
princessDungan74D
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by princessDungan74D »

Roger please come back to Nebraska
cymbaline212
Hammer
Hammer

Post by cymbaline212 »

so Roger Waters is playing Coachella this year isn't he? anyone going?
sjoerd
Embryo
Embryo

Post by sjoerd »

I voted no, which is not entirely true. I would love to see Roger Waters live, just not his current show.
bluewaters
Blade
Blade

Post by bluewaters »

Yes, I will be seeing Roger on May 4th at the Cynthia Woods Mitchelle Pavilion in Houston/Woodlands, TX!!
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

sjoerd wrote:I voted no, which is not entirely true. I would love to see Roger Waters live, just not his current show.
Why not?
momentaryhawking

Post by momentaryhawking »

I would not go outside of Arizona to see him, but he is coming awfully close to here. This is exciting.
alma
Hammer
Hammer

Post by alma »

Do you refuse to leave Arizona in general or is it just that you don't want make a long journey only to see Roger Waters?
momentaryhawking

Alma my friend was visiting and I showed him the dates Roger is doing in Ca. and Texas and he said the way it looks Roger is not going to come to Phoenix by the way he is scheduling. I am optimistc.
My friend says lets go and I am open to the idea of course. I think Phoenix has one coming because we were skipped last time. I am optimistic.
momentaryhawking

OK Alma you my have nostrils flaring at the idea of going to Indio now. I'll reconsider. Please have a piece of German chocolate for me.
Last edited by momentaryhawking on Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
momentaryhawking

Ok so now I remember going to the Coachella Valley Arts and Music festival web page and looking this over about a week ago. 3-day passes are still available for 269 U.S. dollars. Single day passes are 90 U.S. dollars but are sold out. There are people buying and selling single day passes on the forum at the coachella site. I like the fact that they are warding off scalping.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Roger Waters manager has confirmed to NPF the following concert dates. More may well be added but the ones below are confirmed!

Roger Waters was the creative force behind Pink Floyd before leaving in the 1980s and was also the bass player.

To received updates when more venues are announced, please make sure you are subscribed to the free NPF Newsletter. You can unsubscribe automatically at any time and your email address is not shared with any 3rd party!

Ticket Sales and Prices

Tickets are priced at £55.00 /£45.00 in London and £50.00 in Liverpool. Tickets go on-sale to the general public on Friday, February 29th at 09:00am. Box Office: http://www.livenation.co.uk or 0844 576 5483 (all tickets subject to a booking fee).

PRE-SALE: However, there is a special pre-sale for web site subscribers, which will allow you to purchase the best seats before they go on-sale to the general public. This pre-sale goes live from 09:00am on Wednesday, February 27th at http://www.livenation.co.uk/rogerwaters.

April 2008 - USA

Sunday 28th April - COACHELLA FESTIVAL (on bill with other acts), INDIO CALIFORNIA (NR. PALM SPRINGS)

Wednesday 30th April - DENVER, PEPSI CENTER ARENA (arena)

May 2008 - USA & Europe

Friday 2nd May - DALLAS, SMIRNOFF MUSIC CENTER (shed)

Sunday 4th May - HOUSTON, CYNTHIA WOODS MITCHELL PAVILION (shed)

Friday 9th May - SPAIN, GRANADA (ATARFE) FOOTBALL STADIUM (open-air show)

Sunday 11th May - HOLLAND, MEGALAND, LANDGRAAF nr. MAASTRICHT (open air, own show)

Tuesday 13th May - DENMARK, ODENSE STADIUM (open air, own show)

Thursday 15th May - UK, LIVERPOOL ARENA (indoors, own show)

Sunday 18th May - UK, LONDON 02 DOME (indoors, own show)

You can view the tour schedule in a Microsoft Excel File.

http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/text/ ... hedule.xls