US elections

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: US elections

Post by Damn!t »

Maybee its just my ignorent balkanian opinnion, but a country that elected Bush, twice, will NOT elect a black guy to run a country.
lostplay
Judge!
Judge!

Post by lostplay »

J Ed wrote:I was hoping itd be Hilary vs Giuliani
after all these years of Suthi'n redneck dominance I was looking forwards to two New Yorkers being the choice
but apparantly its all being decided today by one state so that outcome s not going to happen

so if Obama wins, based on the fact he can give a rousing speech about "change", who's going to surround him as his cabinet and backroom advisors?
thats the scary thing about having an inexperienced kid as president, and the worlds had enough of that these last seven years
it is not based on one speech >>> yes he has laid out a great possible future for the world with his speechs ,

learn his past dude
read his bio

most important play his pod casts
or visit his web site to see his views on dozens of issues .

besides the fact that he HAS already passed great bills .

bush was not a kid
bush was a 20 yr drunk coke head who surrounded him self with his buddies who fucked this country

barak is so exciting and real the countries best and brightest will
flock to be in his admin.

fuck the press and there 2 minute spins .
dig a bit deeper and listen to his 30 minute policy speech 6 months before he threw his hat in the ring

peace

bruce
obama 08
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

These people aren't fooling anyone. They all know, no matter what political party they are affiliated with, that they must run on a ticket of change in order to succeed. It's a bunch of crap too, because both the democratic and republican candidates who have been senators have voted for most of Bush's bills that they are now criticizing. They know that since Bush is now so unpopular and a lot of people are fed up with his regime, that the only way to draw sufficient votes is to have a platform for change and vowing to undo as much of Bush's decisions as they possibly can.

The kicker though is that it really doesn't matter at all, like a few others have said, because the people don't elect presidents here, no matter how much people want to delude their thinking otherwise.

The electoral college elects presidents. They vote on what they guess the popular vote will dictate and if they are wrong, then oh well. Oop-sy! They are just telling us that they are voting on behalf of the people, but they have no way of knowing what that vote is going to be, so they just make their own choices, probably based on what the people who are really in control want.

I am not too much of a conspiracy theorist, but I don't deny for a second that a lot of shady shit goes on here. As George Carlin once said, it is a big, exclusive club and you and I are not in it!
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

davidjay wrote:on another note, i find it interesting that an anarchist would be a moderator of anything. :lol:
:lol: :lol: The only reason that I became a mod in the first place is because I noticed people were donating to pay for the server and I (having terrible credit problems) lack a credit card to be able to donate...so I thought that donating my time as a moderator might be a good idea.

After several years of people accusing me of "abusing my power" simply because I refuse to reign myself in just because the word "moderator" appears under my name, I've repeatedly asked Keith to remove my "mod powers" so that these idiots who accuse me of such can see that I would act no differently without my awesome power. (rolls eyes)

Keith continues to keep me on as a moderator. I like to think it's because he recognizes that my "loose cannon" personality actually does more good than harm as a moderator...despite what the morons who claim I'm "abusing my power" whine about.

So, really...the only reason I'm a moderator at all is because I can't contribute financially to the running of my single most favorite spot on the internet.

But it IS kind of funny with me being opposed to power structures and all. :lol: :lol:

lostplay wrote:for moss well you can vote for perot
Yes...and that plays right into the puppet masters' hands as well. Remember, the only reason Perot was there was to alter the outcome of where it looked like the election was going.

Perot's role was to pull voters away from Bush and then, when the odds were stacked in favor of Bush losing, Perot bailed and encouraged everyone who voted for him to vote for Clinton instead.

When it looked like it might not have worked, Perot mysteriously decided to re-enter the race.

Clinton was going to win even if the puppet masters had to pull a "Dubya" eight years earlier.

This is why I exercised my right to write in George Carlin and Dennis Miller in the last election:

1. My vote isn't going to count, anyway because the outcome of the election has already been decided by the puppet masters...

2. If you're going to put comedians in the White House...at least make them funny, intelligent comedians, please.

If you're not going to give me an inspiring "leader," at least give me an entertaining one.

Dubya is so fucking stupid, he can't even misquote Pete Townshend properly.

Barb should have aborted him...and if you ask me, I think she may have tried.

That would certainly explain a lot. :lol: :lol:
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

Funny, unlike Bush Jr. and Mr. Clinton, Obama both snorted AND inhaled - he is obviously the next choice. :lol:

EDIT: it is an obvious progression, don't ya think? :lol:

In some way, given the choices Obama is appealing in a lot of ways.
pffan1990

Post by pffan1990 »

Craig Marion wrote:Ron Paul is the best chance for change in America in my opinion. If America wants change we need to get away from big government and special interest groups.

He advocates a non-interventionist foreign policy, having voted against actions such as the Iraq War Resolution, but in favor of force against terrorists in Afghanistan. He favors withdrawal from NATO and the United Nations, instead supporting the idea of strong national sovereignty. Having pledged never to raise taxes, he has long advocated ending the federal income tax and reducing government spending by abolishing most federal agencies; he favors hard money and opposes the Federal Reserve. He also opposes the Patriot Act, the federal War on Drugs, and gun control. Paul is pro-life, but opposes a Federal ban on abortion, advocating overturning Roe v. Wade to let states determine the legality of abortion.

If your not familiar with his views, because the media doesn't give him the coverage he deserves, check him out here http://www.ronpaul2008.com/
:smt038 \:D/ I'm glad there is another Ron Paul supporter other than me here!

Ron Paul 2008
oz1701
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by oz1701 »

i vote for alexandra paul - especially when she's running :lol: Image
lostplay
Judge!
Judge!

Post by lostplay »

http://www.evworld.com/images/alexandra_paul.jpg
oz1701 wrote:i vote for alexandra paul - especially when she's running :lol: Image
wiped
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by wiped »

lostplay
Judge!
Judge!

Post by lostplay »

Damn!t wrote:Maybee its just my ignorent balkanian opinnion, but a country that elected Bush, twice, will NOT elect a black guy to run a country.
Maybee its just my ignorent balkanian opinnion, ???

no your right
Maybee its just my ignorent balkanian opinnion,
no you right
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kkc2KinHWiM&feature=user

no no really your right
Maybee its just my ignorent balkanian opinnion,

i give up
The Gunner's Dream
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by The Gunner's Dream »

I don't feel that people should allow themselves to be led by someone whose only qualification is that they conned a block of people into voting for them.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Damn!t wrote:Maybee its just my ignorent balkanian opinnion, but a country that elected Bush, twice, will NOT elect a black guy to run a country.
You make a good point, Bran...except for one thing.

We didn't ELECT Bush. He was appointed by the Supreme Court after he kept whining and whining about Gore actually winning by election.

So...his daddy bought it for him.

But no one actually elected him.
lostplay
Judge!
Judge!

Post by lostplay »

SOME people here think that no matter what we do the game is already over
the game is already fixed
so they sulk and piss on the world ...........
i see there point
up to a point that is ....

be cuzz

1>> the far right wing neo's plan is too fuck up your head so bad
that you put your self on the sidelines

2>>> so when a true soul arrives that could finally bring us back from the brink of world destruction you stand before us frozen ..

>>>>>>>>>>>>>> come join me and john in a little sing along>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
As soon as your born they make you feel small,
By giving you no time instead of it all,
Till the pain is so big you feel nothing at all,
A working class hero is something to be,
A working class hero is something to be.
They hurt you at home and they hit you at school,
They hate you if you're clever and they despise a fool,
Till you're so fucking crazy you can't follow their rules,
When they've tortured and scared you for twenty odd years,
Then they expect you to pick a career,
When you can't really function you're so full of fear,
Keep you doped with religion and sex and TV,
And you think you're so clever and classless and free,
But you're still fucking peasents as far as I can see,
There's room at the top they are telling you still,
But first you must learn how to smile as you kill,
If you want to be like the folks on the hill,
If you want to be a hero well just follow me,
If you want to be a hero well just follow me

>>>>>>>>>>>
Keep you doped with religion and sex and TV,
And you think you're so clever and classless and free,
But you're still fucking peasents as far as I can see,
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
come moss join us
>>>>>
obama 08
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Sorry, Lossy...I don't join. :D

Another reason for my belief of prinicpled anarchy is this:

Power corrupts...this is a truism.

Thus, the pursuit of power is the pursuit of corruption.

The pursuit of corruption is a moral failing and may even indicate insanity.

I trust NO politician. They're ALL corrupt.

I'd much rather live my life by my own rules. So far, I've been pretty successful at it regardless of WHO "my president" is.

So...fuck them all. I put THEM on the sidelines because they're irrelevant to me.

Every single last one of them.
lostplay
Judge!
Judge!

Post by lostplay »

i love you