Future projects

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
filthyfish
Blade
Blade

Re: Future projects

Post by filthyfish »

Annoying Twit wrote:I think the original question was answered some time ago. But as threads do, this one had morphed into a more general discussion of the philosophical issues concerning pitch correction.

Continuing the more philosophical trend, let's imagine this scenario. Someone plays you a track that you've never heard before. You listen to it, and like it. Later on, someone plays you a "remixed" version. The only difference is that the singing voice does not sound so good. They then tell you that the first had considerable "work" (including pitch correction) done on the voice. Does this make the second version now better than the first, even though without that knowledge, you would have preferred the first?
I guess it depends on if you like your art raw or processed. I ve spent far too long working with music to look at it like that.
If someone wants that produced sound, they'd have to look elsewhere..
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Re: Future projects

Post by bpmolder »

filthyfish wrote:I guess it depends on if you like your art raw or processed. I ve spent far too long working with music to look at it like that.
If someone wants that produced sound, they'd have to look elsewhere..
Yeah, same here. I will quantize if necessary but that's as far as I go. If it doesn't capture the essence and presence of a real performance while having the normal studio sound and polish, then it's not my style.