Cats.

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
justabagofatoms
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: Cats.

Post by justabagofatoms »

Kali looks like she has Ocelot in her. :o Very pretty.

You should get a kitten Beowulf, there are so many that could use a loving home. Or even better, an adult cat that doesn't have a bright future, you would perk each other up. 8)

My dog has a terribel flatulence problem. She has to lay on the floor next to my side of the bed and have at it all night long. I get up and move to the couch to get away from her and she follows me in and lays by the couch...cough..cough..gag. I discovered the perfect solution, I get a fashion magazine that's always loaded with those perfume samples, they used to irritate me, but now I rip one open and lay it next to my nose and I can sleep. And my husband doesn't wake up yelling about a fog of air freshener. I know this is a cat thread, but she's irritating the cats too so I'm on topic.
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

justabagofatoms wrote: My dog has a terribel flatulence problem.
Change the food. I had that problem with my dog too. Things like that are all about the food. Your dog might be pissed of first (of course no way as much as a cat might be) but it really helps. Try some differnt things and see what works best.
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

We feed our dog potatoes (yeah....I know) mixed up with dog food. End result = no flatulence.
Beowulf
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Beowulf »

justabagofatoms wrote:You should get a kitten Beowulf, there are so many that could use a loving home. Or even better, an adult cat that doesn't have a bright future, you would perk each other up.
Sadly I don't want to do that until I have more settled accommodation, and I'm trying to change jobs so don't know where I might be living anytime soon; plus which there is a greyhound living in this house and he goes berserk at the sight of cats. It'll have to wait a bit.
Trudy Grapevine
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Trudy Grapevine »

Sorry for the delay, here is Simba. 8)

oldhippy
Judge!
Judge!

Post by oldhippy »

Trudy Grapevine wrote:Sorry for the delay, here is Simba. 8)

What a gorgeous puss.

I had to take Cookie to the vets the other day she had gone off her food completely, she has always been fussy. I even went to town and bought her a cooked chicken, anything I thought just to get her to eat. The vet says theres nothing wrong with her and cats sometimes do this. I'm happy to say she is back eating again, it helps when her brother crumble comes in and has his meals, he's quite the opposite he shovels his down and has one hell of a belch when he's finished.
justabagofatoms
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

I do not trust vets and here's why. My cat Harry, a beautiful Maine Coon, died because of a lying vet. I took him in to have his teeth cleaned. No problem. A week later I was rubbing his throat and I felt a lump. I immediately took him in, and they had me leave him so they could do tests, etc. They claimed they had no idea of what was the matter. I spent the summer literally driving him back and forth to the vet, leaving him, forcing medicine down his poor throat. They kept giving me different diagnosis, different medicine. Don't give up, that's what they said. He became so ill that I took him to be euthanized and they refused. He's a fighter. Let's try this medicine. He just got smaller, and more miserable. He died at home. I never did get an answer from his vet about what was wrong. I changed vets, I told them about Harry, and immediately they suggested that when the vet had cleaned his teeth and had also punctured his trachea with the anesthetic tube, and knew it, and put us through that hell all summer just to cover his own ass. Not to mention the $1,500 that I spent trying to save him. :(

I stopped having my animals teeth cleaned after that. I think that can be one of the causes of the dog's farting, but she'll have to deal and so will I.
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by 2066 »

:cry: I'm saddened to hear that bag-o. It's hard enough to have a cherished pet die but, because of an idiot vet? Terrible.
justabagofatoms
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Have you been hitting the hash? I'ts only three o'clock. :?

Thank you though. Actually that was last summer, it was a precursor to the shit hitting the fan with every human I know though, so it was just an ice-breaker. :(

My cat Nick likes to drag neckties around between his legs and sing an opera through clenched teeth. I wouldn't mind if it weren't three in the morning when he does it. He likes the acoustics in the bathroom.

Between him and the Buffy farts I'm not getting alot of sleep.
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by 2066 »

My cat walks up and down my body at the crack of dawn and meow, meow, meowing right in my face. I know her bowl is full, her litter box is clean and the door is left open a bit for her to get out, so it's like she's saying "get your fat ass out of bed you lazy bastard!" I don't need an alarm clock with her around.
Hogtown
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Hogtown »

Wow, Simba is quite a unique looking cat.

I love cats!!

When I used to be nosaj, I most certainly would have used a different word than cat and, well, you know.
justabagofatoms
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Are you down to the g-string again Nosaj! :shock:

You Northerner's. I thought it was chilly in Canada.

My cat just walked into the kitchen and made a really strange noise and puked a hair-ball next to my foot. I thought that was really thoughtful of her.
oz1701
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by oz1701 »

justabagofatoms wrote:Are you down to the g-string again Nosaj! :shock:

You Northerner's. I thought it was chilly in Canada.

My cat just walked into the kitchen and made a really strange noise and puked a hair-ball next to my foot. I thought that was really thoughtful of her.
the gift of love :lol:
mandy35353535353
Knife
Knife

Post by mandy35353535353 »

Cats are so fun. Especially when you find them on the street like I did, with my Toastifer "Syd". He was in love with the house when we first brought him in. It was darling beyond all reason.
filthyfish
Blade
Blade

Post by filthyfish »

we have two big black fluffbags, I wake every day with cat fur in my beard.... they are little gits, but I'd not have it any other way.. Cats rule.