Cats.

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
Yownas
Blade
Blade

Re: Cats.

Post by Yownas »

oz1701 wrote:the gift of love :lol:
I wonder what the strangest thing your cats brought home?

One of our cats, don't know which one, once left a bat in our living room.

Atleast it wasn't as disgusting as the huge rat they left in the wardrobe...that we didn't find until after about a week. :smt118
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by 2066 »

My cat likes to bring home little sticks, june bugs and live birds. A little pack rat just like me!
Hogtown
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Hogtown »

justabagofatoms wrote:Are you down to the g-string again Nosaj! :shock:

You Northerner's. I thought it was chilly in Canada.
No! I have been cured!!!

I am much better now.
:smt040 :smt119 <.8.> <ii>
Beowulf
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Beowulf »

Yownas wrote:
oz1701 wrote:the gift of love :lol:
I wonder what the strangest thing your cats brought home?
One of my ex-wife's cats used to bring me freshly caught prey regularly, the 'best' one was a large, live grass-snake that she presented to me while I was in the bath ...
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

There is currently a cat at my back door...in between the back door and the screen door.

*sigh*

I can't stand to see a poor animal potentially starving, so I let it eat the macaroni and beef tv dinner I was going to have for lunch.

*shrug*
justabagofatoms
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by justabagofatoms »

Let it in the house. Buy it some food, litter, get it some vaccinations. Soon you will be the proud property of a formerly starving cat.

Just help the poor thing and don't tell me why you can't. :?

I think a hunting cat might prove very useful to Beowulf if he does in fact become homeless. :D

Domestic cats do kill a huge amount of wildlife, especially songbirds, so if you do have a cat that won't kill you if you make it stay in, it's best to keep them indoors.
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by 2066 »

mosespa wrote:There is currently a cat at my back door...in between the back door and the screen door.

*sigh*

I can't stand to see a poor animal potentially starving, so I let it eat the macaroni and beef tv dinner I was going to have for lunch.

*shrug*
Awwww...cute...I think you have good vibes. Most cats don't cozy up to just anyone.
Beowulf
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Beowulf »

justabagofatoms wrote:I think a hunting cat might prove very useful to Beowulf if he does in fact become homeless. :D
Though it now seems that I have become a carer for my aged mother ... so I won't actually be homeless for now!
oldhippy
Judge!
Judge!

Post by oldhippy »

Each time I buy my cats there food, I get the boxes that have about 1doz little pouches, theres always one they don't like. So why don't they have mouse flavor cat food. My two are always coming home with mice.
Beowulf
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Beowulf »

Probably as it would be impractical to farm mice on an industrial scale sufficient to meet the needs of the cat food manufacturers I would think .... or maybe just because it's a pretty silly idea.
justabagofatoms
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by justabagofatoms »

Silly is fantastic. I can just see the mouse wrangler's, ornery little hamsters galloping around the mouse corral on their magnificent poodles...... :D
Beowulf
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Beowulf »

justabagofatoms wrote:Silly is fantastic. I can just see the mouse wranglers, ornery little hamsters galloping around the mouse corral on their magnificent poodles...... :D
lol, indeed ... but not the particular 'silliness' that I had in mind. In this instance I was thinking that maybe the reason that domestic cats don't eat beef/lamb/pork/horsemeat etc that they have caught themselves is that even a small cow/sheep/pig/horse is a bit of a daunting prospect for your average domestic moggy ... I suspect that they don't actually prefer mice!
oldhippy
Judge!
Judge!

Post by oldhippy »

My cats love mice.Crumble brought in one this evening. Besides there's such a thing as artificial flavoring. :lol:
Beowulf
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Beowulf »

So who is going to spend the time and effort to create artificial mouse flavour then?
oldhippy
Judge!
Judge!

Post by oldhippy »

Beowulf wrote:So who is going to spend the time and effort to create artificial mouse flavour then?
I don't know. This day and age it can't be that difficult to create.