Cats.

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
justabagofatoms
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: Cats.

Post by justabagofatoms »

My cats are smarter than most dogs. Or people. They live like royalty and they have never picked up the tabby once.
oz1701
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by oz1701 »

its always nice to be adopted by a cat 8)
Syd'sSexy
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Syd'sSexy »

bpmolder wrote:Try one of those 101 uses on one of my cats and God help you! :evil:
It was a joke dammit! :?

I am a dog person. Period, no ifs ands or buts about it. I want a pet with personality that I can play and have fun with. Cats simply don't cut it. Try to speak to a cat and have it cock its head when he/she is listening to you....do they fetch? Do they do much other than be finicky cats????

PS I had a cat once and he was totally cool, a Maine Coon cat, but every other cat I have ever encountered......

I don't want to make enemies. :lol:
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by 2066 »

oz1701 wrote:its always nice to be adopted by a cat 8)
My cat totally adopted me. She belonged to a couple in the apartment below me in the house I live in. I live on the top floor and she kept climbing up to my balcony and waltzing right in and staying longer and longer in my apartment. I totally fell in love with her so I said to the guy downstairs if you want to adopt her out I'll take her. His girlfriend got a male cat and they couldn't afford to have either of them fixed so I got the Princess!
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

Nick22 wrote:I have one cat, he bit my artery in my leg. damnded thing :lol:
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by 2066 »

Syd'sSexy wrote:
bpmolder wrote:I am a dog person. Period, no ifs ands or buts about it. I want a pet with personality that I can play and have fun with. Cats simply don't cut it. Try to speak to a cat and have it cock its head when he/she is listening to you....do they fetch? Do they do much other than be finicky cats????
Cats certainly have different personalities like dogs do (doggy do?) Cats can play. Just try waving a piece of string in it's face! They shit in a box. Low maintenance. I don't like picking up big steaming dog turds. And forget about mice when you have a cat. Never seen a dog catch a mouse...and sometimes dogs just won't shut up. Like those little yappie lap dogs. *punt*
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

2066 wrote:Cats can play.
They shit in a box.
Never seen a dog catch a mouse
Have you ever had a dog? I have three dogs and I can sure play with them. They also play with eacher other. They don't actually shit in a box but they know just where they can shit and where they can't, for maintenance reasons. And they catch both mice and rats. Even cats. :mrgreen:
PooF
Hammer
Hammer

Post by PooF »

BonsaiKitten.com is no longer what it was.
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by 2066 »

Hudini wrote:
2066 wrote:Cats can play.
They shit in a box.
Never seen a dog catch a mouse
Have you ever had a dog? And they catch both mice and rats. Even cats. :mrgreen:
All I ever had was dogs when I was growing up and living with my parents. They were all cool enough. Never saw one catch a mouse though. I know that some of the more violent breeds of dogs can sometimes (if they're lucky) catch and rip a slow cat apart...or a skunk. One of ours tried that once. What an idiot! We had some mixed breed dogs. We also had two Afghan hounds for a while. Nice looking dogs but fucking stupid.
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

I once had an American Staffordshire Terrier that used to catch and kill cats. I hated that habbit of his. Now I have a Daschund, a Boxer and a mixed breed (not between those two, BTW) and they chase cats just for fun, as it appears. Neither one of them ever harmed a cat, though they are fast enough to get them. The Daschund sometimes lets cats walk right in front of him without even bothering to look at them, which tells me it's not his compulsive need to chase them. He does kill both rats and mice though. And they are all quite smart. I know a lot of people who claim dogs are smarter than cats or vice versa, but I think they are both smart in their own special ways.
BeeJay
Hammer
Hammer

Post by BeeJay »

2066 wrote: *punt*
Nice conversion! :lol: :lol:
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by 2066 »

Hudini wrote:Daschund.. kills both rats and mice.
They were originally bred to go into rodent holes in the ground, I believe. Weiner dogs! They're kinda cute actually with their tiny legs. I've just discovered that my cat can climb right up the brick walls of the house that my apartment is in! My neighbors downstairs noticed it first. She's a real acrobat!
justabagofatoms
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by justabagofatoms »

My cat just came in and climbed on my lap while I was typing, I kept typing, he got up and wormed his way around until he was behind me in the chair, I kept inching forward, and he is now sprawled out with his bony little feet shoving into me and I am on a two inch edge at the front of the chair. I know when I'm licked. :?
greensubmarine
Knife
Knife

Post by greensubmarine »

Cats and dogs are both cool, but I prefer cats. [and yes I've had both as pets]

If I were to compare these animals to people from high school:

Cats would be like the seemingly stuck-up girl who doesn't talk to you unless you can do something to impress her, then when you do she's surprisingly great to hang out with later on, and is better than most regular chicks.

Dogs would be like retarded kid from your high school who follows you around asking for lunch money. He's fun to mess with sometimes, but after a while you really get annoyed and want to stick him in a cage.

Well that's quite possibly the oddest comparison I've ever made, but I think you all see what I mean.

Basically I can chill with a cat and watch tv and maybe play with him a little like by making my hand float around like a bird, but my dog won't sit still, and he tries to lick me in my face. Not to mention I've never seen an ugly cat, but god damn there are some butt ugly dogs.
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by 2066 »

Good, funny analogies there greensubmarine!