Charybdis Booklet Coordination

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: Charybdis Booklet Coordination

Post by Hudini »

Great! :D

I'm thinking of the design concept right now, and for now I can tell you those Duckboy's "space" and psychedelic pics from the Artwork thread will definitely fit in there a lot more than just nicely.
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

I have one request. Please, Duckboy, make plenty sure that the pictures you have submitted aren't infringing on any copyrights. I know a lot of them you have submitted were as jokes, like the Mario Kart Rainbow Road one, which I really got a kick out of, being a Nintendo fan, but please don't take any chances. If you aren't 110% sure that the image you find can be used and/or modified royalty free, it will only cause us trouble later on.
Duckboy
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Duckboy »

all of the ones that are still on the site have already been checked so except the rainbow road one but of course that ones not going on
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

Duckboy wrote:all of the ones that are still on the site have already been checked so except the rainbow road one but of course that ones not going on
Sweet. You're the man.
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

*BUMP*

Alright, folks. The last track of Volume One is just about finished and it will be time to start on the booklet. Since the track order is already set and we know we can't add any more material to this first disc, we can begin immediately. I will be rounding up the necessary credits and data to pass on to Hudini.

From what I can tell, all we need is:

1. A final version of the back cover idea that PooF has submitted
2. Names of 5 fictitious band members to round out that group feel, since it is down to a couple of us recording the tracks (That would mean adding a few extra pages for short fake band member info, like on the Traveling Wilburys albums)
3. Decisions on what albums these tracks have come from

Are we ready?
PooF
Hammer
Hammer

Post by PooF »

lemme have all the track info (credits and instruments, etc) too, please, bpmolder, so I can put it up on the website
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

Sure thing, man. As soon as I compile and send it, I'll shoot you a copy as well.
Duckboy
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Duckboy »

I got a virus and had to format my pc so the only pics left are on the site
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

Duckboy wrote:I got a virus and had to format my pc so the only pics left are on the site
Bummer, man. I hope you got it all sorted out. I'm sure we can make due with what's on the sight.
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

bpmolder wrote:Are we ready?
Ready when you are. I only have a little problem but it will be sorted out soon I hope - my internet connection has not been working for a while now, in fact right now I'm using a friend's computer to log in, so for now I can't come here on a regular basis as I used to. That's the main reason I've been away for a while. Anyway, I hope to get this sorted out as soon as possible so I can rejoin the project.

See you guys soon.
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

Hudini wrote:
bpmolder wrote:Are we ready?
Ready when you are. I only have a little problem but it will be sorted out soon I hope - my internet connection has not been working for a while now, in fact right now I'm using a friend's computer to log in, so for now I can't come here on a regular basis as I used to. That's the main reason I've been away for a while. Anyway, I hope to get this sorted out as soon as possible so I can rejoin the project.

See you guys soon.
That's a bummer, man. Hopefully you get it sorted out soon. It hasn't been the same around here with you not around.
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

OK guys, I'm still not fully back but I'll see to it that I come here more often than I did lately, until I get my internet connection back. Now, about the cover. It's doing nicely so far, but I still need the following information:
- which song comes from which album (just for the songs recorded)
- the names of the virtual band members
- song credits with the virtual band members' names
- virtual band biography (tours, successes, member changes...)
- actual project summary (how we came to this idea, what we did, who came up with up...)

If someone could get this sorted out, I'd be very thankful.
PooF
Hammer
Hammer

Post by PooF »

I'm happy to have a stab at the bio.

Re. band members (and credits): I'm not sure what the general consensus / plan is about them. Are 'real' people from NPF going to be members - in which case moom has to be one (if only because of his interview), or do we just make up some names - and randomly credit them with playing this or that?

P.S. Anybody heard from Annoying Twit recently?
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

Well, I was aiming at a general consensus on that, and I'd really appreciate it if we would all agree on Charybdis biography and members' names and member changes through virtual years. I'm starting another topic just for that, let's leave this one just for booklet coordination.
PooF wrote:Anybody heard from Annoying Twit recently?
And yes, this reminded me of something:
Where the hell is fatoldbob?! I haven't seen him here in ages!
Annoying Twit
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Annoying Twit »

Hi all. Sorry about me dropping out of things. It happened in quite a few areas. I have a bad habit of signing on the dotted line for too many things then being way unable to keep up.

If there's anything I can do to help, please tell me. But it may not be a good idea to give me too many tasks which require me to be reliable.