Listen To Zee Here Free

Talk about other Floyd related musicians here.
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Re: Listen To Zee Here Free

Post by flashback »

I got it somewhere in my record collection,never really listened to it much though.
oz1701
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by oz1701 »

i fell asleep. :shock:

i was tired alright :(
Atom Heart Sun
Blade
Blade

Post by Atom Heart Sun »

Beowulf wrote:I do vaguely recall, however, reading a quote from Rick about how much he (with hindsight) was less than happy with the outcome ... though perhaps my memory is playing tricks on me.
Yes I think so too. It wouldn't be a surprise. I doubt anyone would say it was perfect, particularly the man himself: in fact he'd probably have been it's harshest critic at some time or other. But then, most of the Floyds never had a very high opinion of Atom Heart Mother in most of it's forms either :wink:

Anyway, Thanks to Atom heart Sun for raising a 'different voice'
No worries, but someone would have done it eventually, that is if there can be any faith in music they would.
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

Beowulf wrote:I do vaguely recall, however, reading a quote from Rick about how much he (with hindsight) was less than happy with the outcome
I recall an interview of his from 1996 where he describes Zee as "an experiment that failed". However, he was probably the most self-criticising musician ever. In the same interview he said that he's not pleased with a lot of things on "Broken China" (that was released a couple of months before the interview) and that he disliked his first solo album from that distance. Rick was also known by nicknaming "See Saw" - his own song - "The Most Boring Song I've Ever Heard Bar Two".
moonrock62
Axe
Axe

Post by moonrock62 »

Great to have an opportunity to hear this music. Only heard about the album in past years. Whether it is good or bad depends on the listener doesn't it?! Has it got the power and persuasion of Floyd? I don't think so, but I found it an enjoyable listen in its own right anyway. Thanks for opportunity to listen- much appreciated.