On God and Science

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
mosespa

Re: On God and Science

Post by mosespa »

Well said. :D

Nothing I can disagree with nor do I feel the need to add anything to it. Imagine that, lol.

I'm curious, though...what, exactly, do you think is repressing those other senses?

I think this could take us down a few interesting roads.
Idisaffect
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Idisaffect »

Well...without thinking too hard about it I guess i'd say we have stopped using parts of our brain over the centuries and those parts lay dormant. Environment is probably a big factor. Maybe inventing language caused a certain repression in other more primitive means of communicating. If that makes sense.
cwta eugene
Hammer
Hammer

Post by cwta eugene »

So, I was just going through some old threads for fun and couldn't help but bump this one back up. Anybody want to add some further discussion to it?
The Gunner's Dream
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by The Gunner's Dream »

Yeah. I find it hilarious that, once upon a time, mosespa actually agreed with something Idisaffect said.
cwta eugene
Hammer
Hammer

Post by cwta eugene »

That really does make it a classic, don't it!
Vlad The Impaler
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Vlad The Impaler »

mosespa wrote:There IS a school of thinking which I find interesting that the human race was genetically engineered by a race of aliens from a planet orbiting Alpha Centauri. They engineered us for the purposes of mining gold in order to save their depleting ozone layer (or equivalent.) How that works, I don't understand, but it does explain a couple of things to me:

1. The human races obsession with gold

and

2. The human races obsession with enslaving other humans that they feel are "beneath" their particular race.

*shrug*

It STILL beats Pastafarianism for credibility points. :lol: :lol:

I find that theory interesting myself but still go on to wonder....where did the aliens come from (existence-wise) then? :shock:
voxish
Axe
Axe

Post by voxish »

mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Vlad The Impaler wrote:I find that theory interesting myself but still go on to wonder....where did the aliens come from (existence-wise) then? :shock:
I'm sure that at some point in their history, God created them. *shrug*

If there is no God then where did everything come from, anyway?

It makes as much sense to me that The Bible (Old Testament, at least) is documentation of contact with an extra-terrestrial (or inter-dimensional...or both,) race.

I mean...be definition, ANY idea of God has to be that he's not from Earth and not of this dimension in which we live.

So...any way you look at it, Christian or pagan or whatever...and notion of "God" is that of an inter-dimensional/extra-terrestrial being.

Who knows?

No one.
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

mosespa wrote:If there is no God then where did everything come from, anyway?
The same place where God came from.

No need for a middle man.
Idisaffect wrote:Our other senses have been repressed. Science is working on proving that, too. ...humans are always searching outward for the answers when the real search is the search inward. It's a great thing to ease physical pain and I'm glad that the doctor is there but the mental pain needs help, too. Mental pain often leads to mass physical pain in the form of wars etc. The journey within is the one that matters. How else could we begin to heal the mental suffering?
You sounded there just like the log lady from Twin Peaks :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJzKftpjXmU

Now please, give me my ring.
Isntthiswherewe
Blade
Blade

Post by Isntthiswherewe »

The trouble with you humans is, you are so Arrogant!
Dare to believe that you are created in the image of God when you spend most of the time eating, shagging and fighting like all the other animals on the planet :lol:
If the bible where really the word of God and not made up by men it would contain facts about things to come. For example, cast out from my temple those who believe that humans came from very very tiny creatures that changed into lizards and then monkeys. Dose it say that, No
The earth moves around the sun so dont waste a few hundred years putting people to death because you think the earth is the centre of the universe.

Im sure God exists but its nothing we can understand How about it could be a school boy making a summer project inside some quantum computer that lasts a few weeks but inside trillions of years pass. Just to see what happens in a universe. What would you think of that God??
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

I'd probably want to share an energy drink with him. After all, this little project has yielded some very cool things.

Pink Floyd, for instance.

And the internet.

And me.

Okay...that last one's a little subjective...
davidjay
Hammer
Hammer
Location: spiraling down to the hole in the ground where i hide

Post by davidjay »

Isntthiswherewe wrote:The trouble with you humans is, you are so Arrogant!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDKDBd22lNM