Your Favourite Cheese

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
Syd'sSexy
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: Your Favourite Cheese

Post by Syd'sSexy »

joombypharples wrote:Say what you mean tbaby
I try Joomby! :lol:

I just am not as eloquent as oldhippy. :lol:
oldhippy
Judge!
Judge!

Post by oldhippy »

Syd'sSexy wrote:
oldhippy wrote:The worst cheese I've tried is that bloody dutch crap with the red wax, its just like eating plastic. :smt078 Keith can we have a bigger vomiting smiley for this shit.
:lol: :lol:

oldhippy: you aren't supposed to eat the red wax! :lol:

Is that Edam or Gouda? I cannot remember. Rosm will have to enlighten us. It is a rather bland cheese, but nothing of the vomit caliber of that nasty maggot shite! :lol:
I didn't eat the wax :smt023

What's the betting the wax is better then then the shit inside. :lol:
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

Yucateco wrote:cheese is rotten milk :shock: .... i hate it brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr worst food ever!
It is not just rotten milk! It is a highly controlled process whereby a wild and natural process is reigned in and used as a means of preserving milk.

On a side note, a few british forum surfers here of the older generations will presumably remember getting milk at primary school, and the schools never regarded chilling it as a necessity. The number of people I have met who had this at school and were put off milk for life amazes me.

And on a second side note, Little Miss Muffet Sat on her tuffet eating her curds and whey. Why was she eating curds and whey? That truely is disgusting.
oldhippy
Judge!
Judge!

Post by oldhippy »

my breakfast. wrote:
Yucateco wrote:cheese is rotten milk :shock: .... i hate it brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr worst food ever!
It is not just rotten milk! It is a highly controlled process whereby a wild and natural process is reigned in and used as a means of preserving milk.

On a side note, a few british forum surfers here of the older generations will presumably remember getting milk at primary school, and the schools never regarded chilling it as a necessity. The number of people I have met who had this at school and were put off milk for life amazes me.

And on a second side note, Little Miss Muffet Sat on her tuffet eating her curds and whey. Why was she eating curds and whey? That truely is disgusting.
I can remember getting milk at my primary school. It never put me off. I love milk.

Let's not forget it was that bitch Thatcher that stopped free milk in schools. Is she dead yet? If not she should be. :lol: I can't wait for her demise. :smt023 :lol:
Stephen
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Stephen »

my breakfast. wrote: On a side note, a few british forum surfers here of the older generations will presumably remember getting milk at primary school, and the schools never regarded chilling it as a necessity. The number of people I have met who had this at school and were put off milk for life amazes me.
I used to be a milk monitor at school. which involved carrying the crates from where they were delivered into the classroom. One of the lads at school used to bring a carton of Nesquik with him to add to the milk and make it taste better.

I used to like milk but I haven't drunk it for a few years now although it wasn't the warm primary school milk that put me off it. I like cheese though :smt023
Syd'sSexy
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Syd'sSexy »

oldhippy wrote:Let's not forget it was that bitch Thatcher that stopped free milk in schools. Is she dead yet? If not she should be. :lol: I can't wait for her demise. :smt023 :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

We always got our milk in triangular containers like this:

There was a foil-covered hole to insert a straw. It was always chilled though. Perhaps the times of which you were speaking were before widespread refrigeration became invented? :o :lol:
Stephen
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Stephen »

Syd'sSexy wrote:Perhaps the times of which you were speaking were before widespread refrigeration became invented? :o :lol:
I don't recall too many days in Manchester where refrigeration was all that necessary. :lol:
rosm
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by rosm »

Syd'sSexy wrote:oldhippy: you aren't supposed to eat the red wax! :lol:
Is that Edam or Gouda? I cannot remember. Rosm will have to enlighten us...
I eat a lot of cheese, but I don't care if it's Edam or Gouda... I know Gouda is kind of the size of a bowling ball and Edam... haven't got a clue.
I buy young or old cheese, sliced. Way easier.
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by 2066 »

oldhippy wrote: I can remember getting milk at my primary school. It never put me off. I love milk.

Let's not forget it was that bitch Thatcher that stopped free milk in schools. Is she dead yet? If not she should be. :lol: I can't wait for her demise. :smt023 :lol:
Just send her some of that French maggot cheese mentioned earlier! Just tell her that it's called "Maggy Cheese" That'll do it.
oldhippy
Judge!
Judge!

Post by oldhippy »

2066 wrote:
oldhippy wrote: I can remember getting milk at my primary school. It never put me off. I love milk.

Just send her some of that French maggot cheese mentioned earlier! Just tell her that it's called "Maggy Cheese" That'll do it.
What a good idea. I'd love to see her choke to death, she might even choke on her own vomit. :lol:
wiped
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by wiped »

my breakfast. wrote:n a side note, a few british forum surfers here of the older generations will presumably remember getting milk at primary school, and the schools never regarded chilling it as a necessity. The number of people I have met who had this at school and were put off milk for life amazes me.
I am one of those soldiers ... man, our school used to leave the creates of milk out in the school yard in all types of weather ... so from Spring til the end of school year , our milk was always luke warm ... and we were made drink it so yes, growing up - I detested milk ....
orange floyd
Judge!
Judge!

Post by orange floyd »

We were forced to drink the milk that was always either half frozen or expired, it was pretty bad, but i didnt really mind drinking it; it had pictures of cows on the front.

Another cheese that's really nice is herb havarti; great on sandwiches, put that with some tuna, mâche or watercress or spinach and some pepper, yummmmm. Same goes for jalapeno monterey jack. yumyumyumy. Sandwiches should always involve greenery, cheese and vicarious amounts of pepper.
Syd'sSexy
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Syd'sSexy »

orange floyd wrote:Sandwiches should always involve greenery, cheese and vicarious amounts of pepper.
Absolutely! :smt023

And not that crappy iceberg lettuce...only good hearty romaine or green leaf lettuce for me. I can never have enough pepper either. :lol:

I had forgotten about pepper jack cheese. That's some tasty stuff! I love dill havarti. I haven't had that in a while, but it's quite good too.
Beowulf
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Beowulf »

orange floyd wrote:... vicarious amounts of pepper.
... er, what? Vicarious?
orange floyd
Judge!
Judge!

Post by orange floyd »

thats right!!

a LOT of pepper :P

to make up for everything exciting missing in my life.