No votes
Any one of them I forgot (Pre Rubber Soul) please state which
No votes

Total votes: 31

rosm
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by rosm »

ObscuredEchoes wrote:Believe it or not, I've never even listened to a Beatles album...
Try once. I also heard a lot of their songs on the radio, but never a complete album. But everybody kept writing about The Beatles in all time favourite album lists. So as a 'serious' music lover I thought I 'had to' listen to them. And actually I very much like them nowadays. And I think if you're really in to Floyd, you should enjoy the albums mentioned here.
supersky
Embryo
Embryo

Post by supersky »

i totally agree with skewed perception :)
i had to choose between magical mistery tour and sgt pepper's, and at the end i chose sgt pepper's, becuase of "within you without you"...
supersky
Embryo
Embryo

Post by supersky »

how could i forget "yellow submarine"????? ](*,)
there are some of the best songs ever written!!!!
ObscuredEchoes
Judge!
Judge!

Post by ObscuredEchoes »

rosm wrote:
ObscuredEchoes wrote:Believe it or not, I've never even listened to a Beatles album...
Try once. I also heard a lot of their songs on the radio, but never a complete album. But everybody kept writing about The Beatles in all time favourite album lists. So as a 'serious' music lover I thought I 'had to' listen to them. And actually I very much like them nowadays. And I think if you're really in to Floyd, you should enjoy the albums mentioned here.
I know the songs from Sgt. Pepper, as I saw the movie a few times, as a young teenager, but, of course, they were all redone by other musicians...
Where do you suggest I start? (some of their songs that I like are: While my Guitar Gently Weeps and Imagine... I have no idea what albums they are on, however...)
Useful Idiot
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Useful Idiot »

ObscuredEchoes wrote:
rosm wrote: Try once. I also heard a lot of their songs on the radio, but never a complete album. But everybody kept writing about The Beatles in all time favourite album lists. So as a 'serious' music lover I thought I 'had to' listen to them. And actually I very much like them nowadays. And I think if you're really in to Floyd, you should enjoy the albums mentioned here.
I know the songs from Sgt. Pepper, as I saw the movie a few times, as a young teenager, but, of course, they were all redone by other musicians...
Where do you suggest I start? (some of their songs that I like are: While my Guitar Gently Weeps and Imagine... I have no idea what albums they are on, however...)
While My Guitar Gently Weeps is from The White Album, but that's certainly not the best starting point. It's all over the place, and features just about everything you could possibly think of. Imagine is actually a John Lennon solo song from his album of the same title. I'm not an expert on John's solo work, so I'll ignore that.

I'd start with Abbey Road. It's more accessible and consistent than The White Album, less psychadelic than Revolver and Magical Mystery Tour, and more mature and developped than Rubber Soul. Since you've heard Sgt. Pepper, you may or may not want to check it out. Obviously, the songs sound better when done by The Beatles, but still. If you're into the psychadelia, I'd start with Revolver, but if not, go for Abbey Road. If you like it, branch out to to the more psychadelic Revolver and Magical Mystery Tour, then if you like those, check out the real Sgt. Pepper. Then The White Album, then Rubber Soul, and if you like Rubber Soul, be sure to check out their earlier stuff (especially Help). Only bother with Let It Be if you've decided that you like The Beatles. There's my advice...
ObscuredEchoes
Judge!
Judge!

Post by ObscuredEchoes »

Thank you! :D
darksidefan4
Embryo
Embryo

Post by darksidefan4 »

rubber soul is a damn good album.