Absolute Radio Rock-Off - Quarter Final - NPF WINS!

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
ddebil
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: VOTE NOW - Absolute Radio Rock-Off - Vote Pink Floyd!

Post by ddebil »

Pink v Yellow :lol:
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

In the semi final, Coldplay Vs Green Day and James Vs either us of RHCP. I recon Coldplay will win and we will go up against James and beat them!! That is what I think!! :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

Fingers crossed. It's handy being in work at one stage of the day and at home at another....
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

Oh dear. The RHCP fans are extremely bitter about their comparative lack of votes. It's just a game. Hahahahha.
ddebil
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by ddebil »

Yes, I see that yourself and BeeJay have been visiting.
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

Yes. BeeJay's posts are so damned idiotic. I cannot believe the man.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Yes, they do seem a little upset! They complained to Absolute Radio about my tongue-in-cheek comment about dropping and re-connecting your internet connection to vote again. I read on the Absolute Radio website that votes from the same "IP range" - which is different to IP - would not be counted. So dropping your connection and voting again would not count anyway.

Those RHCP people should chili the fuck out! :lol:
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

Or just start listening to decent music :lol:
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

The administrator from Stadium Arcadium banned me from their forum for nothing!! He also banned my IP so I cannot read his forum!!!!! How rude!!!!! :lol: \:D/

He also added the following as my "custom rank" so that I had no way of editing it - "I ASKED USERS ON MY SITE TO CHEAT TO WIN".

What terrible defamation of character!
Stephen
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Stephen »

Keith Jordan wrote:The administrator from Stadium Arcadium banned me from their forum for nothing!! He also banned my IP so I cannot read his forum!!!!!
That must have ruined your entire week. :(
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I think it has ruined most of Christmas for me actually! :lol:

I really think they should be more sporting about the whole getting beat by Pink Floyd! They follow a boy band who play watered down "music" and parade about half naked to please the "pink pound" fellas! :shock: What did they expect?

I learnt a lesson anyway for the next round. We got 83% in the first round and I send the newsletter out the day before so the last person on the list would have received it before the competition had even started! But this time round, I started sending the newsletter one hour before voting opened. It takes about 6-8 hours for the mailing list to send out the newsletter to everyone. So..... in the next round, I shall avoid the stress of being beaten for 80% of the time of the voting being open and just get a big head-start at the beginning. I could send a reminder email out the morning of the second day of voting too.

Nobody cheated here anyway. Certainly not I. We don't need to cheat. We have the numbers. We have the power! We have the band! We have the playlist (some would disagree). We are the champions my friend. We cannot be defeated. We are heroes! Men amongst men! Heroes of the free world!!!!!!!

Now I hope we actually do win! I am listening to Absolute Radio. Channel 0107 on Sky.
Beowulf
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Beowulf »

Keith Jordan wrote:I think it has ruined most of Christmas for me actually! :lol:

I really think they should be more sporting about the whole getting beat by Pink Floyd! They follow a boy band who play watered down "music" and parade about half naked to please the "pink pound" fellas! :shock: What did they expect?

I learnt a lesson anyway for the next round. We got 83% in the first round and I send the newsletter out the day before so the last person on the list would have received it before the competition had even started! But this time round, I started sending the newsletter one hour before voting opened. It takes about 6-8 hours for the mailing list to send out the newsletter to everyone. So..... in the next round, I shall avoid the stress of being beaten for 80% of the time of the voting being open and just get a big head-start at the beginning. I could send a reminder email out the morning of the second day of voting too.

Nobody cheated here anyway. Certainly not I. We don't need to cheat. We have the numbers. We have the power! We have the band! We have the playlist (some would disagree). We are the champions my friend. We cannot be defeated. We are heroes! Men amongst men! Heroes of the free world!!!!!!!

Now I hope we actually do win! I am listening to Absolute Radio. Channel 0107 on Sky.
And lo and behold, we won!
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

YAY NPF WIN AGAIN!! 52% - 48%.

Quite a recovery from when the competition opened and we were so far behind!

Thank you all for voting and supporting the site and each other! It has been an exciting, emotional and truly moving experience. We perservered in what was a tough competition - the RHCP fans are very determined - but the greatest band, playlist, website and forum won in the end!!

Well done. Or, as Foo Fighters may sing....

DONE! DONE! ON TO THE NEXT ONE!!!
MikeWaters
Hammer
Hammer

Post by MikeWaters »

That was close!
When I voted we only had 41%!!

Well done everyone, that made me happy to see that we came back! <ii>
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

When I voted, I think we had like 26% or something! :lol: