Absolute Radio Rock-Off - Quarter Final - NPF WINS!

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
ddebil
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: Absolute Radio Rock-Off - Quarter Final - NPF WINS!

Post by ddebil »

I am going to suck on a piece of damp carpet now. It's the least I can do for shaming this community.

(Please form an orderly queue to deposit your spittle on the carpet.)
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I am reigstering with some Pink Floyd forums to spread the word about tomorrow's competition. Any ones I am missing?

http://s7.zetaboards.com/Pink_Floyd/index/
http://foropf.pinkfloyd.cl
http://www.notaussiefloyd.com
http://www.pinkfloyd.ws/forum/
http://www.pinkfloydonline.com/forums/
ddebil
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by ddebil »

Yes, this one:

http://www.stadium-arcadium.com/forum/index.php

I'm sure that they will support us now they have realised their mistaken accusations. 8)

(ddebil forgives them, for they know not what they do.)
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Some of them said they would vote for us now that we won. That is grand of them and very much appreciated. Someone else will have to remind them to vote as my account was banned!
ddebil
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by ddebil »

Mine too! [-X

Calling Stoic Bastard......calling Stoic Bastard....!
RHCP
Embryo
Embryo

Post by RHCP »

Hey Pink Floyd fans just wanted to say it was a good competition. I am a big RHCP fan but I thought a couple people on our forums were acting immaturely thinking that cheating actually made the difference. Even when we were crushing you guys I expected it to turn out very close with that newsletter you were going to hand out, just saw the final score a few minutes ago and I thought it was pretty funny, I was expecting to go on the board and see some stupid accusations of cheating. It was obvious that it was just a joke and it didn't make a difference you seem like a nice guy Keith. In my mind it's just some stupid radio competition that doesn't even matter to me, I've never even heard of absolute radio (it's not in the US, right?). Even so I found it quite entertaining voting and competing with some of the best bands in this online tournament. It was exciting and I'm actually surprised RHCP almost won and I hope you guys ignore the accusations of cheating and I will be voting for you guys in the future, you will probably be the eventual winners. Just wanted to post here to say "good game" if the leaders on our board won't. (Coldplay and Green Day are tied 50 50 at the moment btw.)
ddebil
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by ddebil »

Thank you for that. 8)

Purely gamesmanship and no offence intended nor taken. As you say, a close thing....so help us out on the next round, yeah? :D
thehumanzoo
Blade
Blade

Post by thehumanzoo »

RHCP wrote:Hey Pink Floyd fans just wanted to say it was a good competition. I am a big RHCP fan but I thought a couple people on our forums were acting immaturely thinking that cheating actually made the difference. Even when we were crushing you guys I expected it to turn out very close with that newsletter you were going to hand out, just saw the final score a few minutes ago and I thought it was pretty funny, I was expecting to go on the board and see some stupid accusations of cheating. It was obvious that it was just a joke and it didn't make a difference you seem like a nice guy Keith. In my mind it's just some stupid radio competition that doesn't even matter to me, I've never even heard of absolute radio (it's not in the US, right?). Even so I found it quite entertaining voting and competing with some of the best bands in this online tournament. It was exciting and I'm actually surprised RHCP almost won and I hope you guys ignore the accusations of cheating and I will be voting for you guys in the future, you will probably be the eventual winners. Just wanted to post here to say "good game" if the leaders on our board won't. (Coldplay and Green Day are tied 50 50 at the moment btw.)
Good to hear this after having a glance at the RHCP forum. Sadly, you are talking to someone who has only ever listened to RHCP singles and not really enjoyed them that much. Since you are a big fan of the band, can you recommend something that perhaps may make me enjoy them a little more? I've always wanted to understand why so many people like RHCP so much and try to find what I am missing out on.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

RHCP wrote:Hey Pink Floyd fans just wanted to say it was a good competition. I am a big RHCP fan but I thought a couple people on our forums were acting immaturely thinking that cheating actually made the difference. Even when we were crushing you guys I expected it to turn out very close with that newsletter you were going to hand out, just saw the final score a few minutes ago and I thought it was pretty funny, I was expecting to go on the board and see some stupid accusations of cheating. It was obvious that it was just a joke and it didn't make a difference you seem like a nice guy Keith. In my mind it's just some stupid radio competition that doesn't even matter to me, I've never even heard of absolute radio (it's not in the US, right?). Even so I found it quite entertaining voting and competing with some of the best bands in this online tournament. It was exciting and I'm actually surprised RHCP almost won and I hope you guys ignore the accusations of cheating and I will be voting for you guys in the future, you will probably be the eventual winners. Just wanted to post here to say "good game" if the leaders on our board won't. (Coldplay and Green Day are tied 50 50 at the moment btw.)
Hey there RHCP. Welcome to the forum!

This is not just a competition. This is an extension of my ego. If we lose, that means I am a loser! Therefore I am very motivated to win!! :lol: For the purpose of clarity, I am, of course (As ever) joking*.

Cheating is not possible according to what I have read on the Absolute Radio website. They look at IP range and not IP address so re-connecting to the net and getting a slightly different IP address would make no difference when it comes to calculating the final score. The fact I suggested people do just that, is a foolish reason for the admin at Stadium Arcadium to fall out with me and ban my account. He even went as far as to edit my "user rank" to say I encourage people to cheat. I thought that was a disgusting thing for him to do and he ought to be ashamed of himself!

The current competition is really close isn't it? Not very exciting when it starts out at 50-50! I enjoyed the competition with RHCP because it took a while for my newsletter to email out to everyone and for people to start opening them and vote! I actually found it to be quite tense and exciting. That could well reflect on my life! :lol:

It would be nice to be the eventual winner. I would be made up for the community we have here and for Pink Floyd! ;-)

Again, welcome and thanks for stoping by. 8)

* A little!
RHCP
Embryo
Embryo

Post by RHCP »

thehumanzoo wrote:
Good to hear this after having a glance at the RHCP forum. Sadly, you are talking to someone who has only ever listened to RHCP singles and not really enjoyed them that much. Since you are a big fan of the band, can you recommend something that perhaps may make me enjoy them a little more? I've always wanted to understand why so many people like RHCP so much and try to find what I am missing out on.
Sure I'll list my favorite songs by them chronologically (I don't like them much before John Frusciante joined the band for Mother's Milk though). You can listen to the ones that you've never heard before.

Knock Me Down
Higher Ground
Pretty Little Ditty
Soul to Squeeze
Under the Bridge
Give it Away
Breaking the Girl
Suck My Kiss
I could have lied
Sir Psycho Sexy
My Friends
Aeroplane
Shallow Be Thy Game
Around the World
Parallel Universe
Scar Tissue
Otherside
Californication
Easily
This Velvet Glove
Quixoticelixer
Can't Stop
By the Way
The Zephyr Song
Dosed
Don't Forget Me
Venice Queen
I could die for you
Minor Thing
Midnight
Universally Speaking
Rolling Sly Stone
Fortune Faded
Save the Population
Snow
Wet Sand
Especially in Michigan
Make You Feel Better
Tell Me Baby
Charlie
So Much I
Readymade
Animal Bar
Funny Face
Hump De Bump
She's Only 18
Torture Me
(Also I personally think Dani California is an overrated song but it's probably the most popular on Stadium Arcadium)

I guess RHCP are just my taste, I grew up listening to the Californication album. You should listen to some of John Frusciante's solo work too, he's their guitarist and he's releasing a new album come January.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Hi RHCP :D

Glad to hear.

I'm another big fan, though know less than you.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Coldplay and Green Day have been at 50-50 for hours!!

I think you good chaps should vote Coldplay....

http://www.absoluteradio.co.uk/music/rockoff/