Absolute Radio Rock-Off - PF Vs James - NPF WINS 53%

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: Absolute Radio Rock-Off - PF Vs James - NPF WINS 53%

Post by PublicImage »

Keith,

Stop trying to be reasonable with them. It is clearly not going to work.

Yours truly,

Adolf Hitler.
ddebil
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by ddebil »

What's been happening?? I can't leave this place for 5 minutes and we're back to the old cheating malarkey.

I dunno!! :lol:
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

PublicImage wrote:Keith,

Yours truly,

Adolf Hitler.
For the record, that Kelvin (wasn't he a chipmunk?) is probably a peadophile himself and, because his conscious mind cannot deal with what his ego is feeing him about young boys, he has PROJECTED his dirty little fantasy onto my good self. I find him to be a disgusting and childish individual.

One of them has threatened to shoot me I think too. I am in two minds whether or not to involve the police. :roll:
Stephen
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Stephen »

Keith Jordan wrote: I am in two minds whether or not to involve the police. :roll:
So you are schizophrenic as well as all the other accusations? :lol:
ddebil
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by ddebil »

Stephen wrote:
Keith Jordan wrote: I am in two minds whether or not to involve the police. :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Stephen wrote:
Haha. I guess so!! :lol: [-D-]

NOW GO AND VOTE!!

http://www.absoluteradio.co.uk/music/rockoff/
Stephen
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Stephen »

I've just been posting a few random 'shouts' to PF listeners on Last.Fm so maybe that will help over the weekend.
oneofthethree
Embryo
Embryo

Post by oneofthethree »

Stephen wrote:
oneofthethree wrote:
It's quite sad that all those efforts have been wasted by someone going running crying to the radio station that they didn't like the fact that James fans were going out of their way to support their band and getting people to vote. That isn't cheating, it's dedication to a cause.
I can't see your point here, that's what the idea of the competition is all about surely and you wouldn't lose votes because of that.
The point is quite simple.

Pink Floyd are (or were, depending on whether they are going to do something going forward) one of the biggest bands in the world. James, whilst having some success over the years and still able to sell out relatively big venues in the UK, are way behind in record sales.

They get drawn together in the contest. Messageboards etc send out voting requests to their forums. Floyd's is bigger and therefore they take the lead. James fans decide to take action and get all their friends to vote. I have about 50 myspace bulletins from different people urging all their friends to vote, probably as many again with facebook statuses doing the same. People are on msn getting their friends on there to vote. I know at least fifteen people online doing exactly the same thing as I was.

This tends to happen when people are at home - ie after 6pm, so Floyd's lead is going to be eaten into at that point.

None of that is against the rules of the competition whatever you might say. If someone has gone in and messed around with IP addresses (and this forum and its admin can't claim to be whiter than whiter here), then the votes should have been deleted, but the voting patterns don't actually look that unreasonable with the facts above. We're hardly talking millions of votes in this contest.

It'd be nice for Absolute to actually give a reason why James had 50.8% of the vote when the poll closed yet lost.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

PublicImage wrote:Keith,

Yours truly,

Adolf Hitler.
"Get em up against the wall!" :lol:
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

What's that last minute ruling, that prob saved us :) ?
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

Who gives a fnck about this popularity contest anyway? I'm soo voting Green Day now, our playlist is a snorefest full AOR Sh!te! And I'm pretty darn sure Gilmour's management is behind all those fixed percentages! they got the power AND the ca-shing, so punk to them all the way, well... coporate-punk to them!
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

So you're saying, we bore you? Especially that half of this "AOR sh!te" is by PF? Well, sorry about that!
ricky66
Axe
Axe

Post by ricky66 »

Oh I must be old, all of the NPF list is on my MP3 phone, including some green day, but, Green day are a bit one dimensional, Can't agree that PF are boring......
olzen
Judge!
Judge!

Post by olzen »

oneofthethree wrote:It'd be nice for Absolute to actually give a reason why James had 50.8% of the vote when the poll closed yet lost.
Agreed. It all seems a bit fishy. Can't really complain because we won eventually, but I can imagine how you guys must feel. Plus, if this is rigged, it's all been pointless. Except that Absolute Radio have pretty much managed to make everyone hate each other :P

I'd agree with you, though. What you're describing has nothing to do with cheating. Didn't see anyone on your forums stating that they'd cheated either. I'm glad we won, of course, and I've voted for Pink Floyd once again, but I'm dumbfounded on this matter. I just hope we can bury the hatchet when this is over!
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

People's votes are probably stored in a database when they vote and the results displayed live on the website. When the competition had finished, they probably took the results and removed all the duplicate votes where people had voted more than once from the same IP range! So, those people who thought they were clever voting in two browsers because they thought they could get away with it, actually probably lost their second votes!! So that is why loads of votes were taken away from the James lot. Quite simply because some of them cheated to win. Those people know who they are.

It is not suspicious at all. It is perfectly logical and expected.