Absolute Radio Rock-Off - PF Vs James - NPF WINS 53%

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
ddebil
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: Absolute Radio Rock-Off - PF Vs James - NPF WINS 53%

Post by ddebil »

[-D-] [-D-]

I wish some members of the other forums could see that.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

ddebil wrote:[-D-] [-D-]

I wish some members of the other forums could see that.
They are too busy engaging in "group think" and venting their bitterness to even take that in! Instead, they have invented some conspiracy. The word on the street now is that I am in league with Absolute Radio and Pink Floyd have won already! Can you believe that??? :roll:

Pathetic.
ddebil
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by ddebil »

You mean you aren't??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

(For the benefit of lurkers, the smilies are there to indicate humour and to not take the reply literally!)
oneofthethree
Embryo
Embryo

Post by oneofthethree »

olzen wrote:
oneofthethree wrote:It'd be nice for Absolute to actually give a reason why James had 50.8% of the vote when the poll closed yet lost.
Agreed. It all seems a bit fishy. Can't really complain because we won eventually, but I can imagine how you guys must feel. Plus, if this is rigged, it's all been pointless. Except that Absolute Radio have pretty much managed to make everyone hate each other :P

I'd agree with you, though. What you're describing has nothing to do with cheating. Didn't see anyone on your forums stating that they'd cheated either. I'm glad we won, of course, and I've voted for Pink Floyd once again, but I'm dumbfounded on this matter. I just hope we can bury the hatchet when this is over!

I'm not suggesting it's rigged, and I'm certainly not ruling out the fact that someone might have cheated. Keith's claim that people were voting in 2 browsers would not explain a 3.8% reduction in the total percentage of the vote that James got though. I've seen lots of the myspace / facebook messages and been on all the forums that went out and there was no mention in any of them of anything that would cause that big a shift in the vote. Just people going out of their way to support their band.

If cheating occurred that caused that big a shift in the vote, it'd be probably likely down to one or two individuals who had found a way round Absolute's systems or someone who spent hours and hours continuously voting. If that happened the votes were rightly disqualified.

But whatever, it's nice to read some of the more recent comments on here, rather than the administrator's condascending responses to the fact that we actually got off our arses and got everyone we knew to vote for our band. That's not cheating as it doesn't break any rules. And it's nice to know we worried you enough that he had to go crying to Absolute because he didn't like the way the votes were going. If something untoward was going on, Absolute would have spotted it without his intervention.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

oneofthethree wrote:1 - I'm not suggesting it's rigged, and I'm certainly not ruling out the fact that someone might have cheated.

2 - Keith's claim that people were voting in 2 browsers would not explain a 3.8% reduction in the total percentage of the vote that James got though.

3 - I've seen lots of the myspace / facebook messages and been on all the forums that went out and there was no mention in any of them of anything that would cause that big a shift in the vote. Just people going out of their way to support their band.

4 - If cheating occurred that caused that big a shift in the vote, it'd be probably likely down to one or two individuals who had found a way round Absolute's systems or someone who spent hours and hours continuously voting. If that happened the votes were rightly disqualified.

5 - But whatever, it's nice to read some of the more recent comments on here, rather than the administrator's condascending responses to the fact that we actually got off our arses and got everyone we knew to vote for our band. That's not cheating as it doesn't break any rules.

6 - And it's nice to know we worried you enough that he had to go crying to Absolute because he didn't like the way the votes were going. If something untoward was going on, Absolute would have spotted it without his intervention.
1 - I imagine there were a very small group of people cheating in concert with one another in a pre-planned attempt to sway the vote.

2 - That's the thing, it would absolutely explain it!!! About 3,500 votes had been received by 4pm so 3.5% points of that would only be 122 votes! Having 122 votes invalidated isn't a large number in that example.

3 - I am not suggesting you ALL cheated. I appreciate and acknowledge that 95% of you worked damn hard for your band and got our there doing the hard work of getting people to vote for James. Hats off to you. You did great to get as many votes as you did against Pink Floyd!!

4 - That is what I believe. A very small group of a 2-3 people I imagine.

5 - You assume I made no efforts to get people to vote? That nobody in the NPF community did anything to help get votes in? You think people just voted without nobody putting in the effort here too????

6 - I didn't like the way the vote was going for the reason that I believed a very small minority of James fans were cheating. We are currently being thrashed by Green Day and that is fine. They are a great bunch of people and I imagine they will win. And there will be no bitter feelings against them from me. Because they are fair playing and don't cheat!!!

And you are right, Absolute Radio would have removed the invalid votes and NPF would have won anyway without me complaining. I doubt they even read my email before announcing the results.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Nah, leave em alone, guys...

Just sore losers, they'll never admit to losing. Even though I do myself wonder how we got more votes... Maybe, voting did continue till usual time :? ?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

moom wrote:Nah, leave em alone, guys...

Just sore losers, they'll never admit to losing. Even though I do myself wonder how we got more votes... Maybe, voting did continue till usual time :? ?
Are you stupid? Read the post above and all my others before it! A small minority of them cheated on a mass scale and had their cheating votes removed!!!!!
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Keith Jordan wrote:
moom wrote:Nah, leave em alone, guys...

Are you stupid? Read the post above and all my others before it! A small minority of them cheated on a mass scale and had their cheating votes removed!!!!!
Sorry. My bad. Guess that was a stupid question indeed. Peace :)
olzen
Judge!
Judge!

Post by olzen »

Just as long as you never misunderstand the term "racism" again, moom. They'll be laughing at that one for a while! ;)
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

olzen wrote:Just as long as you never misunderstand the term "racism" again, moom. They'll be laughing at that one for a while! ;)
No. They'll be angry till the end of the world ;) And I'll be laughing at that.
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

Keith Jordan wrote:A small minority of them cheated on a mass scale and had their cheating votes removed!!!!!
Is there any official statement/source for that claim or is it just speculation?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

danielcaux wrote:
Keith Jordan wrote:A small minority of them cheated on a mass scale and had their cheating votes removed!!!!!
Is there any official statement/source for that claim or is it just speculation?
There is official word on it.
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

To be honest i'm surprised it was even that close. Not to knock James, but the floyd are such a bigger band that i would have thought it'd be a bit of a thrashing. Again, not to knock James as i'm sure that in no way means they write bad material, and by the sounds of it they have a loyal fanbase (think 2 websites and facebook were mentioned earlier)