Absolute Radio Rock-Off - PF Vs James - NPF WINS 53%

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
AndresGDC
Embryo
Embryo

Re: VOTE NOW - Absolute Radio Rock-Off - PF Vs James

Post by AndresGDC »

I don't think they're cheating. But it's still very close.

We were able to to come back from a position similar to yours in the last 30 minutes.

Good luck to you guys as well.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

AndresGDC wrote:I don't think they're cheating. But it's still very close.

We were able to to come back from a position similar to yours in the last 30 minutes.

Good luck to you guys as well.
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

Why do you think they are resetting their routers? Do you have any real reason to think so?
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

PublicImage wrote:Why do you think they are resetting their routers? Do you have any real reason to think so?
To push their forum forward.

I'm not saying they do that, but that's possible.
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

I highly doubt it, and I won't believe it unless I see some evidence.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

PublicImage wrote:I highly doubt it, and I won't believe it unless I see some evidence.
We did have one such user - Jedi, constantly changing IPs.

Again, I didn't say they really DO that.
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

Jedi was changing his IP to rejoin this forum, not to vote in this competition. The system being used in this competition would make the methods of used for consistent forum spammery utterly futile, because they are taking precautions with regards to IP ranges. In fact, I believe Keith refuted this method when the RHCP forum decided to make accusations of cheating.

By the way, the people on the James forum have misread moom's post as an admission that Jedi was cheating for this website ("NPF are currently discussing cheating and how one of their members did cheat!"), because they obviously do not understand the context of your point or who he is.

It seems obvious at this point that they have won. I don't think they cheated. Well done to them, I say.
momentaryhawking

Post by momentaryhawking »

Vote in! Were losing slightly! What's up with that?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I think they got 50.8% so we lost on this. Oh well. Shit happens. :lol:
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

PublicImage wrote:Jedi was changing his IP to rejoin this forum, not to vote in this competition. The system being used in this competition would make the methods of used for consistent forum spammery utterly futile, because they are taking precautions with regards to IP ranges. In fact, I believe Keith refuted this method when the RHCP forum decided to make accusations of cheating.

By the way, the people on the James forum have misread moom's post as an admission that Jedi was cheating for this website ("NPF are currently discussing cheating and how one of their members did cheat!"), because they obviously do not understand the context of your point or who he is.

It seems obvious at this point that they have won. I don't think they cheated. Well done to them, I say.
1. Okay. But as for Jedi, he still did use the thing, that's what I was trying to say. Doesn't matter for what.

2. They already quote me? Depending on the subject, should I be proud or not :? !?

Anyway, we fuckin' lost!!!!!!!!!!! The vote is closed, and we were behind 50,7/49,3

Oh well, congrats to James... But I still don't get it. The band is even less popular and influential than rival Oasis, let alone Pink Floyd. I'm stoned... :?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Well done to them if they won fair and square.
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

moom wrote:1. Okay. But as for Jedi, he still did use the thing, that's what I was trying to say. Doesn't matter for what.

2. They already quote me? Depending on the subject, should I be proud or not :? !?

Anyway, we fuckin' lost!!!!!!!!!!! The vote is closed, and we were behind 50,7/49,3

Oh well, congrats to James... But I still don't get it. The band is even less popular and influential than rival Oasis, let alone Pink Floyd. I'm stoned... :?
1. I know. But it would not work for this, so you cannot use him as an example if we are talking about this.

2. They referred to your post as 'proof' that we cheated against RHCP. I even read a post that suggested our percentage was dropping because the votes from 'cheaters' were being disqualified! haha.

Cult bands always do fairly well with this type of thing, which they basically are nowadays. If you look at their forum, you'll see how enthusiastically they were spreading the word about this on other boards, and it obviously payed off for them!
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

PublicImage wrote:
2. They referred to your post as 'proof' that we cheated against RHCP. I even read a post that suggested our percentage was dropping because the votes from 'cheaters' were being disqualified! haha.

Cult bands always do fairly well with this type of thing, which they basically are nowadays. If you look at their forum, you'll see how enthusiastically they were spreading the word about this on other boards, and it obviously payed off for them!
2. They shoudda do their homework first!
3. Fair enough
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

It is possible to cheat by changing you IP and clearing your cache. Simple as. They should have a better system where you have to provide your email address and confirm it by clicking a confirmation link they send to you. Wouldn't work too well if you had a "catch-all" domain so can have as many email address users as you like! :lol:

Anyway.... lets just wait for the official announcement and see if they adjust the voting in any way.
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

If email addresses were required, I think less of the casual fans would have voted because it is 'too much trouble' or something like that.