Absolute Radio - Pink Floyd Vs Green Day FINAL! - LOST! 69%

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Strychnine Twitch
Embryo
Embryo

Re: VOTE NOW - Absolute Radio - Pink Floyd Vs Green Day FINAL!

Post by Strychnine Twitch »

moom wrote: Same here, Green Day-head :D

But hey, the vote is still going, so you can still enjoy competing :)
And winning. =P
ddebil
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by ddebil »

moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Strychnine Twitch wrote:
moom wrote: Same here, Green Day-head :D

But hey, the vote is still going, so you can still enjoy competing :)
And winning. =P
For now ;)
olzen
Judge!
Judge!

Post by olzen »

Meh... seeing that our loss could perhaps (just perhaps) convince the world that we're not omnipotent cheats, I couldn't care less about some radio station playing a bit of Pink Floyd...
Strychnine Twitch
Embryo
Embryo

Well if it helps, even if you guys end up beating us- I don't think you've cheated in any way. :)
olzen
Judge!
Judge!

Post by olzen »

Thankyou :) I'm not ruling out that one or two people took Keith's joke seriously and actually managed to cheat the system, but to go from that to saying that we as a whole are cheats is fucking silly if you ask me.
Duckboy
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Duckboy »

Keith Jordan wrote:I have accepted the fact that we are losing and will still be losing when the competition is over tomorrow at 4pm. There is no more I can do by myself.

Is anyone actually spreading the word about this on other websites they visit? Does anybody care?
noooope
Strychnine Twitch
Embryo
Embryo

olzen wrote:Thankyou :) I'm not ruling out that one or two people took Keith's joke seriously and actually managed to cheat the system, but to go from that to saying that we as a whole are cheats is fucking silly if you ask me.
Yeah, I agree with that. I'm sure one or two people on every forum during every competition cheated. It'd be ridiculous to assume no one ever did cheat, but to go as far as to say your entire forum is nothing but cheats and that you've only won by cheating? It's ridiculous.

I think you guys won fair and square every time that you did, and congratulations on that. Kudos to you! [-D-]
olzen
Judge!
Judge!

Post by olzen »

Once again, thankyou! Seems all good things come to an end, though! At least we could have lost to far worse bands, in my opinion. I thought Green Day sucked till I saw them perform at Live 8 where they totally ruled the stage! Probably the best performance I saw from those concerts, apart from Pink Floyd's, of course!
thehumanzoo
Blade
Blade

Post by thehumanzoo »

<rant>

Just listened to Absolute Radio a couple of days ago in the hope that it would in fact be much better than the terrible Virgin Radio which it replaced. However, having heard the calibre of presenter that the particular show I heard had, I refuse to ever tune into this station again since it is has a feeling of poor production, has predictable music choice ("alternative" and indie mixed with the occational classic rock) and has DJ's who only seem to want to laugh as loudly and for as long as possible about things which are not particularly funny and make dull comments between each track.

Apologies to those who I have offended who like this style, but I was very disappointed. Even if the NPF playlist happens to win (which would be good for the sake of the site winning a national competition), I, for one, shall not be listening.

</rant>
flashley630
Embryo
Embryo

Post by flashley630 »

I'm from GDC as well ^_^

I believe the most commonly used term to describe Green Day is Pop-Punk (in the musical sense)

We're lucky to be in the finals at all. we only won the last round with 50.2% >.<

Good to know we're up against such nice people ^_^
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Indeed, we are nice! :smt109

There is certainly a lot of colourful bands in this competition.

Pink Floyd
Green Day
Red Hot Chili Cheaters
Twid
Axe
Axe

Post by Twid »

thehumanzoo wrote:<rant>

Just listened to Absolute Radio a couple of days ago in the hope that it would in fact be much better than the terrible Virgin Radio which it replaced. However, having heard the calibre of presenter that the particular show I heard had, I refuse to ever tune into this station again since it is has a feeling of poor production, has predictable music choice ("alternative" and indie mixed with the occational classic rock) and has DJ's who only seem to want to laugh as loudly and for as long as possible about things which are not particularly funny and make dull comments between each track.

Apologies to those who I have offended who like this style, but I was very disappointed. Even if the NPF playlist happens to win (which would be good for the sake of the site winning a national competition), I, for one, shall not be listening.

</rant>
I find that the playlists are okay but yeah the DJ's sometime grate... and annoyingly its only on MW except in London ( I have just started re listening to Absolute since this Comp started, used to listen to Virgin at work but like i say MW sucks )
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

Guess we can blame it on The Simpsons.

I didn't expect the band to be that popular this days; me, being a 90's "alternative" kid used to like Green Day's Dookie, and specially Insomniac back then, but lost interest with Nimrod and never gain it back. I gave American Idiot a try but apart of the catchy title track found nothing of interest on it, lame atemp at recreating Zen Arcade with conventional pop rock sounds... U2-esque safe-punk! what an ugly oxi-moron!
Last edited by danielcaux on Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Seems like we've lost...

Congrats to Green Day!

And also, take that, those who said NPF ahd already won!