With Jeff Beck at the RAH

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
One Of These Bricks
Axe
Axe

Re: With Jeff Beck at the RAH

Post by One Of These Bricks »

Both are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
paul10
Embryo
Embryo

Post by paul10 »

One Of These Bricks wrote:Both are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm not convinced about that, I think Dave is strugling a bit here and Jeff Beck is clearly the class player.
Creek
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by Creek »

8) Just got around to watching these, good stuff...
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

snifferdog wrote:It's up on YouTube. Nice to see Gilmour not disappearing yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSUdZrnIWao
Cool. At 0:55 I could not help but wonder if Jeff influenced Gilmour. That tuned use of the wammy bar is very Beck from the 1980s...
Creek
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by Creek »

my breakfast. wrote:
Cool. At 0:55 I could not help but wonder if Jeff influenced Gilmour. That tuned use of the wammy bar is very Beck from the 1980s...
In my humble opinion, I think it's most likely the other way around, mind you that Jeff Beck is one of the best guitar players in the world. He played on some of Roger's solo albums, the riffs he was playing were very similar to David Gilmour's.
Don't get me wrong, they are on way different levels. Really it's like comparing apples to oranges. But even the best have their influences. One example I can think of would be SRV's influences, such as Buddy Guy, BB King, etc. etc.
There is no doubt in my mind that there is a lot of Jeff Beck's playing that David Gilmour couldn't touch. But, that doesn't mean that Jeff Beck wouldn't appreciate David Gilmour's playing style.
ricky66
Axe
Axe

Post by ricky66 »

Creek wrote:
my breakfast. wrote:
In my humble opinion, I think it's most likely the other way around, mind you that Jeff Beck is one of the best guitar players in the world. He played on some of Roger's solo albums, the riffs he was playing were very similar to David Gilmour's.
Don't get me wrong, they are on way different levels. Really it's like comparing apples to oranges. But even the best have their influences. One example I can think of would be SRV's influences, such as Buddy Guy, BB King, etc. etc.
There is no doubt in my mind that there is a lot of Jeff Beck's playing that David Gilmour couldn't touch. But, that doesn't mean that Jeff Beck wouldn't appreciate David Gilmour's playing style.
Agreed, I think I understand where you're coming from. It continually amazes me that guys like these and clapton, page, knofler, Marvin, May, Hendrix etc were born in the age of the electric guitar. The list is very long.......
Creek
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by Creek »

ricky66 wrote:
Agreed, I think I understand where you're coming from. It continually amazes me that guys like these and clapton, page, knofler, Marvin, May, Hendrix etc were born in the age of the electric guitar. The list is very long.......
Muddy Waters invented electricity... 8)
mojoman
Blade
Blade

Post by mojoman »

holy shiite!!! never saw that or heard that!!! thanks!!!