Pink Floyd Music Circu 70/71

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: Pink Floyd Music Circu 70/71

Post by Damn!t »

Steph, if you're single... our member here, Hogtown, is a very handsome man that has loads of Floyd bootlegs at home
but doesent have anyone that could share his love ...for bootlegs.
He is only a pm away.
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

He also has issues with a rising desk.
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

Brenda.
Dont talk like that about Hogtown.
You had your chance.
You have to let him go now so he can move forward. I know you're probably in pain
becouse things didnt turn out and so on, but, please, just let him fly away.
You can still be friends.
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

:lol:
Steph22
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Steph22 »

:lol: I've never been hit on in a message board before! I'm flattered, but my girlfriend probably would have something to say! :)
Hogtown
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Hogtown »

Steph22, I am just a silly person...I have never actually really seriously hit on anybody here before. I just make stupid posts like that sometimes...uh, often. And look what it does, sends us off topic. Snifferdog and Damn!t are very bad too...BUT, we all love our PF boots!!! I like all eras at different times, but 68-72 is consistently my favorite era!!! And those BBC sessions really started my Pink Floyd collector sickness...I still love '72 versions of Eclipse over DSotM for some reason...
Steph22
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Steph22 »

It's cool! I laughed! Hey, I'm just a Pink Floyd nut-job like the rest of you. Anything live from PF I am completely in love with!
Looks like you and I have very similar tastes with the 68-72 years. I have been looking for a long time for anything live from PF, and only very recently have found a website where I can download things safely. (I'm definitley not a techie!)

The best thing from '72 is the On the Run (Travel Sequence). I have never really liked the recorded version of Us and Them,(My brother thinks I'm crazy) however the live versions from '72 without the vocal echo are bangin'! Love the vocal harmonies between verses.

Question, since you seem to know a lot about boots: Is there a live recording somewhere of Summer '68?
Hogtown
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Hogtown »

Steph22 wrote:Question, since you seem to know a lot about boots: Is there a live recording somewhere of Summer '68?
Actually, I have listened to and have a lot of boots, but I'm not as anal as some fans about being totally on top of the facts. However, I have never known PF to perform Summer '68. There is a book called Echoes, by Glenn Povey (I think that is his name) and he lists all known PF performances and setlists. I am at work, but I am sure I saw that they may have performed it once for something like television or a festival...maybe. But, he does occasionally list sets that can't be totally confirmed. You should get the book. So, no boots with that song as far as I know.