Nick annoys Lily Allen

Talk about other Floyd related musicians here.
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: Nick annoys Lily Allen

Post by my breakfast. »

Meh. Lily Allen can complain all she wants, she will never be more than the spokesperson of a very select bunch of people and will never transcend barriers like Pink Floyd did. If Nick Mason says something everybody sits up and takes notice because it will likely be important. If Lily Allen is in the papers its probably because she was photographed without her knickers on.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Damn!t wrote:
moom wrote:I really dig Lily, for a lot of reasons. But that's irrelevant here.
I could describe Lily's music as pretty much irrelevant. Yes, I think that sums it up pretty good.
Saw her gig this year on a festival and she spend her time on stage uninterested, extremely stoned and bored out
of her mind and the musicians she had were doublish so.
Probably the worst concert experiance I'v ever had.
That's a problem indeed when one goes to a concert, but I was talking about her music - voice... lyrics... attitude... You might disagree, but I think she's a lot different from those primadonnas.
Doesn't mean I agree with her here, though, I already said that.
oz1701
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by oz1701 »

jumped up amy whinehouse wannabee - Image
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

That's still hotter than Amy herself :D
oz1701
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by oz1701 »

true :lol:
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

oz1701 wrote:true :lol:
And those boob-enlargement thingies :lol:

I'd squeeeeeeeeeze em real tight :twisted:
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

moom wrote:You might disagree, but I think she's a lot different from those primadonnas.
No she is one of those primadonnas. Over here in the UK she is tabloid fodder, and certainly sold most of her first CDs because of her behaviour in the press, not because she was any good.

She is just another myspace hipster product. There was a surge of them here. Basically some hipster records a track on a creaky old 4-track, plays a gig in their mate's kitchen, the traditional music industry collectively cream themselves at the thoughts of such homespun indie tallent and she gets signed to Warner-Brother-Quicktime-General-Motors before you know it and a bunch of old men with grey hair are deciding what she can and cannot do!!! Bingo bango bongo.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

I spent thirty seconds, max, reading about her on wikipedia...which, when combined with what I'm reading here, leads me to the conclusion that she's a hipster poseur who can go fuck herself.

*shrug*

Sounds to me like she's just pissed off that the formula which Alan has just mentioned has so far failed to bring her to the conquest of the world she obviously wants.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Say no more....

Sounds like she cant get resigned to a new contract as nobody wants her shit and she is blaming it on file sharers instead of accepting that nobody wants to listen to her in my view! :lol:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sh ... music.html

No need to take it out on poor old Nick. He's a pensioner!!
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

mosespa wrote:Sounds to me like she's just pissed off that the formula which Alan has just mentioned has so far failed to bring her to the conquest of the world she obviously wants.
Yeah. I could see her point if I wasn't pretty sure she would sacrifice any scrap of artistic integrity if it meant she could also have her fleet of Ferarri's etc.
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

moom wrote:That's a problem indeed when one goes to a concert, but I was talking about her music - voice... lyrics... attitude...
Yes, and usually on the concert you cant really hear someones music, voice, lyrics and attitude... :?:

What bothered me the most was the fact that her guitarist changed a fancy guitar for every song but yet you couldnt hear the guitar in that music at all. He was good looking, acting like Pete Townshend.
Made me want to go on stage and smack his gob and tell that Lily to shut the fuck up couse I'm waiting for Kraftwerk.
Hogtown
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Hogtown »

Damn!t wrote:Lilly Allen can fuck Hogtown. \:D/
Okay, if she is cute. 8-[
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

Two words

Doggy style
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

Damn!t wrote:
moom wrote:That's a problem indeed when one goes to a concert, but I was talking about her music - voice... lyrics... attitude...
Yes, and usually on the concert you cant really hear someones music, voice, lyrics and attitude... :?:

What bothered me the most was the fact that her guitarist changed a fancy guitar for every song but yet you couldnt hear the guitar in that music at all. He was good looking, acting like Pete Townshend.
Made me want to go on stage and smack his gob and tell that Lily to shut the fuck up couse I'm waiting for Kraftwerk.
1. Hmm what kind of equipment do they use in Serbia :shock: Or bad acoustics? We can hear everything well here.
2. Also, Lily's works are nt much with guitars, right?
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

moom wrote:1. Hmm what kind of equipment do they use in Serbia
I'm not from Serbia.
Pay attention in the future, you russian git.