Roger Waters The Wall Concerts in 2010 and 2011

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.

Would you go and watch Roger doing The Wall live in 2010?

Yes Definiately!
77%
Possibly
12%
Indifferent
3%
Probably not
4%
Absolutely not!
3%

Total votes: 121

nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: Roger Waters The Wall Concerts in 2010 and 2011

Post by nosaj »

You rumour haters, look at this rumour: Col T post

To dispell all doubts about what Mark said, here is the email.

Subject: The Wall Is Coming...

…for details check out www.Roger-Waters.com from 2pm EST Monday April 12th
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

I voted "probably not" as I can't produce the money for the tickets in time. Would have been good, and knowing my luck he plays Liverpool Echo Arena as well, but at the moment me getting tickets for this show are a (post-post war) dream.
Although if I win tickets in a comp, I'm there!
Last edited by Jimi Dean Barrett on Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
justabagofatoms
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by justabagofatoms »

If I had a really comfy chair. 8)
hommerj
Embryo
Embryo

Post by hommerj »

Oh I can't wait for this to come to Europe (Ireland). <ii> <ii> <ii> <ii> <ii>
Only grief would be that this will sell out really quickly because it's "The Wall" by Pink Floyd. Every idiot in the world will want to go just to say that they were there.
Roger played here in 2002 and the tickets took a while to sell (not sure that it even sold out). Played again in 2007 and sold out in no time because it was "Dark side..." tour.
Anyway that's my 2cents.
Bring it on.... <ii> <ii> <ii>
Idisaffect
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Idisaffect »

I think he should include The Show Must Go On this time around. And I think he should definitely build a physical wall as they did in '80, '81. And hopefully very little lip syncing!
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

can´t wait for that tour to hit europe <ii>
lostplay
Judge!
Judge!

Post by lostplay »

Yucateco wrote:can´t wait for that tour to hit europe <ii>
you can't go
FloydmanTIM
Embryo
Embryo

Re: Roger Waters The Wall Concerts in 2010

Post by FloydmanTIM »

drafsack wrote:Apart from 12 hours stood in a dusty bowl on a hot day with wery little to drink we spent around 30 hours in a hot coach with little to drink.

The 3 star luxury hotel was east german luxury - a room with a chair and a shower with no curtain so it sprayed everywhere. We arrived so late there was no point going to bed and breakfast was a dried roll and some cheese – nice.

the hooters were good - the marching bands were impressive - the sound was poor where we were stood - the visuals were good though and the atmosphere was electric.

Had a good time
I second that! It was a great concert, except for some of efforts of the guest artists.

Van Morrison singing Comfy Numb makes me cringe at the thought of it! He was rubbish! Didn't he listen to the original song to guide him, before making a total mess of it. However, the Scorpions were really good!

I got the strangest feeling during "Waiting for the Worms" when they were singing "You cannot reach me now" huge searchlights were pointed vertical into the night sky.
It crossed my mind that only 45 years earlier we were practically standing on the Führerbunker with this mock fascist rally going on, and all the people that died in the past fighting over what went on in this city back then.
Pretty surreal stuff going on that night!

Despite some lousy renditions and the techincal problems, it was a great concert and one I'll never forget.
As for the 2010/2011 concerts, I might go if Roger persuaded David Gilmour to guest vocal on some of the songs, to avoid another Van Morrison type disaster!
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

lostplay wrote:
Yucateco wrote:can´t wait for that tour to hit europe <ii>
you can't go
lol sure i can like i did before
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

I wonder if Roger is going to make any changes in the setlist of The Wall show, as he did the last time in 1990 changing "Outside The Wall" for "The Tide is Turning". Perhaps including "When The Tigers Broke Free" at some point of the show could be a good idea. Also, does any of you think he is going to do encores this time? "Each Small Candle" would fit a lot thematically with the show, especially with the new social-humanitarian spin he is trying to focus in more this time.

Oh heresy!
justabagofatoms
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by justabagofatoms »

If it is in fact true that he will be coming to Buffalo, you are all invited to my house afterward for tea and biscuits. Don't forget to bring me plenty of nice presents. :D

I know that it cannot be true, this is some sort of cruel and sinister prank...I have no illusions. I'm from Buffalo. :(
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I may have to take you up on your offer if he is not playing in England (though he probably will). I was considering going to Las Vegas to watch him! 8)
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

justabagofatoms wrote:If it is in fact true that he will be coming to Buffalo, you are all invited to my house afterward for tea and biscuits. Don't forget to bring me plenty of nice presents. :D

I know that it cannot be true, this is some sort of cruel and sinister prank...I have no illusions. I'm from Buffalo. :(
Come up to Toronto!! And, there will be dates in Europe in Spring 2011...AND, there is room for dates to be added, especially in Toronto!!! AND, that rumour mill suggests more N.American dates in 2011 after Europe and anywhere else the old git travels...
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I do wish he would hurry up and announce the UK tour dates!!!! ](*,)
cymbaline212
Hammer
Hammer

Post by cymbaline212 »

Idisaffect wrote:And I think he should definitely build a physical wall as they did in '80, '81.
agreed. if there isn't an actual wall then i sure as hell wont be there. i'd be shocked if there wasn't.