Roger Waters The Wall Concerts in 2010 and 2011

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.

Would you go and watch Roger doing The Wall live in 2010?

Yes Definiately!
77%
Possibly
12%
Indifferent
3%
Probably not
4%
Absolutely not!
3%

Total votes: 121

danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Re: Roger Waters The Wall Concerts in 2010 and 2011

Post by danielcaux »

I wonder how much money is he going to lose this time, you know, it has been rumoured that back in the 80s The Wall Tour was a HUGE financial flop! :lol:
Alternative 4
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Alternative 4 »

Rick made money!
pinksmile
Axe
Axe

Post by pinksmile »

I am guessing it is safe to assume that Roger Waters will not be bringing his Wall tour to Australia in 2011 ? I certainly cannot see him continuing the Wall tour into 2012, but you never know i suppose. He stretched his last tour over 2006,2007 and 2008 did'nt he ?
Naughtrish
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Naughtrish »

I saw him with the DSOTM tour in Buenos Aires in 2007, I surely hope he will bring The Wall here in 2011... and from Argentina to Australia is just a hop over the pond :D
pinkman
Embryo
Embryo

Post by pinkman »

igorynka wrote:
malusienka wrote:I hope it will be somewhere near me... If the concerts would be only in England and USA, there's no hope for me that I could be there.
I'm waiting for those concerts, but, please Roger, choose Poland for one of your concerts!

I know that there's only a small possibility that he would make a concert here, but, maybe... [-o<
Hey, what's the problem? :) England is just less than 2h from Poland, there are lots of cheap flights to England, one night in any hostel won't be that expensive I guess...
I'm starting to save money on "European-Trip" :P "It would be so nice" if it was England or Germany.

I was on Roger's gig in may'08 (Landgraaf, Netherlands). I spent 18h in bus to Aachen, then I was sitting nearly half a day on my ass, in front of venue gates, then spent night sleeping in sleeping bag :D in bushes (I was lucky - that day/night was the warmest day/night in Netherlands by that moment :D), then 10h wandering in Aachen (waiting for bus to Poland), and then next 18h in "come-back" bus. It was trip of my life so far :D and one more - IT ALL WAS WORTH :P

Let Your dreams come true...whatever the price is :D

Those 'hardships' are what makes the event memorable! I hope all works out well for you and your future memories of The Wall 2011 are good.
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

Okay, I will be on holidays the week tickets go on sale, with no access to a phone or computer...I thought of getting somebody else to buy me tickets with my credit card while I am gone, BUT, I now believe I won't bother with this tour. The Wall?? ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) Give me a true solo tour!!! ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
TheLazenby
Knife
Knife

Post by TheLazenby »

I'll be jittery 'til the tickets go on sale.

My parents want to take me for my college grad present. Goddamn I don't want to miss this.
mastaflatch
Knife
Knife

Post by mastaflatch »

nosaj wrote:Okay, I will be on holidays the week tickets go on sale, with no access to a phone or computer...I thought of getting somebody else to buy me tickets with my credit card while I am gone, BUT, I now believe I won't bother with this tour. The Wall?? ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) Give me a true solo tour!!! ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
Roger would have to release an album that's not a compilation, a live or an opera to get this :?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

The Wall Street Art and Projections

http://www.rogerwaterstours.com/index.p ... ojections/

pinkman
Embryo
Embryo

Post by pinkman »

Got my email, didn't make the cut for the pre-sale!
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Same here. Oh well. There is always a chance for me closer to home in 2011 on his European tour. 8)
SolidFloyd
Embryo
Embryo

Post by SolidFloyd »

I just bought my presale tickets for the show in Phoenix! I cant wait! I got the Live Nation presale tix, <ii>
Peter Beasley
Blade
Blade

Post by Peter Beasley »

danielcaux wrote:I wonder how much money is he going to lose this time
In the early 1980s the cost of a concert ticket was not that much more than the cost of an album. 30 years on the difference between the two is enormous (for big shows/popular artists). I expect it to make money this time and the interest will generate sales of existing and future 'Wall' product.
rubybex07
Embryo
Embryo

Post by rubybex07 »

Bring back a final (complete) pink floyd tour!!! Would be amazing at the O2 areana, they rock!!!!!! Someone needs to convince David Guilmore cause he is amazing in concert and should do it one more time!!!!
Please please!!
henno

Post by henno »

ah roge.... announce your 2011 tour... the suspense is killing me....

I hope there will be an O2 gig in Dublin..... or even better, an appearance at Electric Picnic.... !!!